Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Night Owl Sketches

• 12 Replies

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
Night Owl Sketches
« on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:19 AM »
My current design with a little doodled on weathering and battle damage.

« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2018, 02:13 PM by Avior Braisa » Logged
Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!
House Nelvaan Armored Squirrel #10
Re: Night Owl Sketches
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2018, 05:29 AM »
From another newbie: Yay, go you! The current colour scheme actually looks pretty good, you could even make the vest redder and make the gold/yellow of the armour plates "pop" even more, but that's just my opinion haha. As for shin plates: you could always make them and see how they feel, if they are annoying just remove them before approval. Or don't make them and see if you want to add them after all else is done.

Also (and I could be wrong here, as I haven't made a kit yet, and I'm just going off memory of the requirements) I think the flight suit has to all be one colour - from the t-shirt sleeves to the arm lengths, to the pants entirely. Such that it appears to be a single, simple jumpsuit. The neck seal possibly also has to be the same colour maybe. You could go for a black flightsuit and white gauntlets to echo the current design, assuming that's the case.

Great work so far!

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2018, 05:41 AM »
From another newbie: Yay, go you! The current colour scheme actually looks pretty good, you could even make the vest redder and make the gold/yellow of the armour plates "pop" even more, but that's just my opinion haha. As for shin plates: you could always make them and see how they feel, if they are annoying just remove them before approval. Or don't make them and see if you want to add them after all else is done.

Also (and I could be wrong here, as I haven't made a kit yet, and I'm just going off memory of the requirements) I think the flight suit has to all be one colour - from the t-shirt sleeves to the arm lengths, to the pants entirely. Such that it appears to be a single, simple jumpsuit. The neck seal possibly also has to be the same colour maybe. You could go for a black flightsuit and white gauntlets to echo the current design, assuming that's the case.

Great work so far!

Thanks vod!

I get where you're coming from with the flight suit comment, but as far as I'm aware, only the short sleeve of a double sleeved top has to match the pants. So the long sleeve can be another color. I've seen multiple official members with it like that, so I think I'm good on that point. Not sure on the neck seal though.

Also, I do like the idea of trying the leg armor and seeing if it works and a red/reddish vest, I might just do that. :)

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2018, 06:33 AM »
Ahh, well if that's what you've read, then please do disregard me!  ;D

I just re-read the soft parts requirements, it echoes what you said about the sleeves. The only reference I see to neck seal colours is for pilots, where it must match the vest. Unless you're a pilot, you don't need a neck seal if your flightsuit collar covers all skin. Now I'm unsure whether it HAS to match the vest or flightsuit, or not ^_^'

Whether you keep the brown vest or "redden" it, your colours do look very dignified and "high-quality" (totally the gold haha), especially with the clean black and white. If you do find something else you prefer however, you should of course change it  :D But for now, this would look super cool!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2018, 09:31 AM »
A neck seal is highly recommended.  It doesn't have to match the flight suit, though.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2018, 08:15 PM »
You can have contrasting sleeve color on the bottom portion of double sleeves.  She looks elegant.  Go forth and conquer, and keep posting for feedback along the way!

Zarya Arthos

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Celebration Orlando 2017 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:43 AM »
Your concept is so pretty! I do hope it comes to life.

Shin armor is sometimes tricky. Are you wearing short boots?

Looking for mirrored visors? Click Here!

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:11 AM »
Your concept is so pretty! I do hope it comes to life.

Shin armor is sometimes tricky. Are you wearing short boots?

Thank you! I'm glad you all like my design!

As for my boots, they come a little more than a third of the way up my calf. i'll try to post pictures at some point, when I actually have enough light to show anything. (All of my posting is around 2 in the morning for some reason. I guess a Night Owl bucket makes a lot of sense huh?)   :)

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Makes perfect sense to me. ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2018, 01:49 PM »

I really like your concepts and color scheme. Maybe mandoa words on the edges of the kama. What if the flight suit is brown, and the vest is black?

good luck

regards  ;D

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-Fett
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2018, 02:06 PM »
I really like your concepts and color scheme. Maybe mandoa words on the edges of the kama. What if the flight suit is brown, and the vest is black?

good luck

regards  ;D

I've actually been contemplating switching the vest and flight suit colors that way. Do you have any suggestions for the Mando'a on the kama? It's an interesting idea, but I don't really have any idea how to implement it.

Thanks  :)

Aiwha Riders Clan
OM #2296 A & B
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I've actually been contemplating switching the vest and flight suit colors that way. Do you have any suggestions for the Mando'a on the kama? It's an interesting idea, but I don't really have any idea how to implement it.

Thanks  :)
I used this method for graphics. It's not perfect but I like the result

cutting Con-Tact brand clear covering film for the mold (improvised serigraphy) ;D

maybe this can also help you

regards

Dha'werd

• Dha'werd Oya'karir
« Reply #12 on: Feb 22, 2018, 05:07 PM »
All right, another good concept vod.

good luck

regards

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!