Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Work In Progress

• 89 Replies

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: Work In Progress
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2018, 12:44 AM »
A little more progress today. Got my neck seal almost completely finished. I just need to put the bottom skirt into it that ticks under my vest. I am pleased with the results.

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Some more updates on the rifle. All painted, may add a little more weathering and som odds and ends, not quite sure though.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Posting for updates.

This is a very interesting build, vod.  I like the shnees you came up with, and that sniper rifle is sick!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2018, 04:17 PM »
thanks Straka Zulu :D it has been fun. The shknees still have a way to go. I’m happy with the progress on them. They need beat up a good bit and painted and mounted still. That sniper rifle was a head scratcher at time. It’s a beast in size, 53 inches long.

Posting for updates.

This is a very interesting build, vod.  I like the shnees you came up with, and that sniper rifle is sick!

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #29 on: Mar 22, 2018, 01:02 PM »
 :o This is amazing, vod! You've done a sepctacular job on everything so far and I'm eager to see the finished kit! And that rife? EPIC!

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #30 on: Mar 22, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Omg Nix thank you for the kind words. That rifle was a head scratcher at times. I can’t wait to get it all done. Working on gauntlets right now I’ll post pics as soon as possible! Thanks Vod!!!

:o This is amazing, vod! You've done a sepctacular job on everything so far and I'm eager to see the finished kit! And that rife? EPIC!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #31 on: Mar 22, 2018, 03:44 PM »
That neck seal is amazing, vod.  Nicely done!  And the rifle is pretty bad shebs, too.   :P

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #32 on: Mar 22, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Havelock thanks!!! That neck seal is just duck cloth and weather stripping lol. I have always been a fan of stormtrooper neck seals, and I based it off that.  :P
That neck seal is amazing, vod.  Nicely done!  And the rifle is pretty bad shebs, too.   :P

Got a little time tonight on the shknees. I got them shaped exactly how I wanted and started doing some battle damage with the Dremel tool. Next step first level of paint, metal base!

Some time spent on my side arm. Holes filled. Time to add some character to her!  :P

Got my left Gauntlet base done. 6mm sintra. All one piece. I’m gonna close the side near the elbow up a little with more sintra. This left one will eventually have a box fitted on top with a 4.5 inch lcd display and the board accompanied that’s from a old digital picture. I’m gonna make some custom wanted pictures to cycle through on a loop.

Sizing and spacing, how am I doing. Me and VampirehunterD did some mocking today to see how everything fits. Thoughts please Vod!

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2018, 09:20 AM by Kadiith » Logged
« Reply #33 on: Mar 25, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Commenting to follow, this is a really interesting build! Nice work! Can't wait to see how it comes together

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #34 on: Mar 25, 2018, 10:32 PM »
Your sizing and spacing are pretty much spot-on, vod.  Your left chest plate (right side of the picture) is a little bit lower than the right chest plate.  But with tape that's kind of expected.   ;D  How's your mobility?  Does it poke you if you try to touch your left shoulder with your right hand?  You'll also want to trim the ab plate a little so that it matches the curves of the chest fangs.  Check out this response on Vampirehunterd's thread for a visual of what I mean.

You guys are doing really good work, and I'm enjoying your WiPs.  Keep it up, vod.

« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2018, 01:32 PM by Havelock » Logged
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #35 on: Mar 25, 2018, 11:33 PM »
Blast it, Havelock, you beat me to it.  :laugh:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #36 on: Mar 25, 2018, 11:40 PM »
Thank you for the response Havlock! Yes mobility is good. VampirehunterD and I used the same templates and figured your response to trimming the ab plate would be the same with me. The tape wasn’t holding well but definitely did give a good idea of fitment. I will fix the issues and mount with Velcro and submit a new pic to my thread. thanks Vod!

Your sizing and spacing are pretty much spot-on, vod.  Your left chest plate (right side of the picture) is a little bit lower than the right chest plate.  But with tape that's kind of expected.   ;D  How's your mobility?  Does it poke you if you try to touch your left shoulder with your right hand?  You'll also want to trim the ab plate a little so that it matches the curves of the chest fangs.  Check out this response on Vampirehunterd's thread for a visual of what I mean.

You guys are doing really good work, and I'm enjoying your WiPs.  Keep it up, vod.

Got some paint done on them shknees, probably gonna go back in after the weathering drys and put some rust spots and highlights on the bare metal exposed. What’s everyone think?

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2018, 09:21 AM by Kadiith » Logged

Cavian_Morloc

• "Sucuy'gar ner vod."
« Reply #37 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:30 AM »
This is a glorious looking kit, vod. I love the colors. Any chance to see more progress on your side-arm? Looked like an Ithaca feed and grip, I love the design of those, so I'm eager to see how you mod it.

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #38 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:40 AM »
Thanks for encouraging words Vod! No changes yet on my sidearm. I am trying to decide if I want a scope or irons on it. My rifle is pretty much complete though. Few odds and ends here and there.
This is a glorious looking kit, vod. I love the colors. Any chance to see more progress on your side-arm? Looked like an Ithaca feed and grip, I love the design of those, so I'm eager to see how you mod it.

Cavian_Morloc

• "Sucuy'gar ner vod."
« Reply #39 on: Mar 26, 2018, 12:47 AM »
I am trying to decide if I want a scope or irons on it.

If you're ever up for brainstorming I've got plenty of throwaway ideas- I used to spend a ton of time sketching star wars/sci-fi weapons for kicks, have a whole notebook full of 'em somewhere.

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #40 on: Mar 26, 2018, 03:00 AM »
I would be game to for that, PM me and we will throw some ideas around :D
If you're ever up for brainstorming I've got plenty of throwaway ideas- I used to spend a ton of time sketching star wars/sci-fi weapons for kicks, have a whole notebook full of 'em somewhere.

« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018, 11:47 AM by Doonpenn » Logged

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #41 on: Apr 10, 2018, 11:50 AM »
Got some more done to my sniper rifle. Did a Rub and Buff Pewter all over it and added some para cord to the grip.

Also got the picture frame that will be worked into my left guantlet that has a cycle of wanted posters. I mocked something up quick in it to see the quality of the image it output and it grainy so I will have to tweak it a lot but I think once broke down painted and attached to the Gauntlet it will work well.

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #42 on: Jun 03, 2018, 10:06 PM »
So it has been a hot minute since I have been on here and I've been overly consumed with work, I need to stop ll that madness lol. So here is what I got done this evening.
Worked on my cape. Got the over all shape cut out, hemmed, tea stained, and final touches put in with a heat gun. I may go back in and do an acrylic wash to it for another layer and then mounting on my armor. Tell me what you you all think.

And this last image is a swatch of the original untainted fabric just to get an idea of the color change over the process

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #43 on: Jun 03, 2018, 11:18 PM »
Dang that rifle though :o Sorry, I;m just so awed by it  :laugh: Your cape is looking really good so far!  I'd definitely try to go back and give it a more grimy look so it matches the weathering on your plates... You mentioned an acrylic wash? That should definitely work! That's the method I used on mine ;D

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #44 on: Jun 04, 2018, 01:01 AM »
That rifle was a labor of love and I’m so happy how it turned out. It’s definitely a beast at 53” long. I did the acrylic wash. What do you think?

Dang that rifle though :o Sorry, I;m just so awed by it  :laugh: Your cape is looking really good so far!  I'd definitely try to go back and give it a more grimy look so it matches the weathering on your plates... You mentioned an acrylic wash? That should definitely work! That's the method I used on mine ;D

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
« Reply #45 on: Jun 04, 2018, 08:31 AM »
 :like: That looks much better  :D

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #46 on: Jun 04, 2018, 02:16 PM »
Thank you Vod!
:like: That looks much better  :D

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #47 on: Jun 07, 2018, 12:04 AM »
Little more done tonight! I have ankle guards and toe caps cut and formed. Just need to hone the toe caps in, beat the heck out of all them, paint and weather. Then mount.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #48 on: Jun 08, 2018, 12:07 AM »
REALLY like those shnees! Might have to copy that design.  ;D

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #49 on: Jun 08, 2018, 11:36 AM »
Copy away Vod! I’m so happy how they turned out!  I also have my foot armor painted and weathered. I’ll be spending some time tonight mounting the leg armor to my gaitors and boots. Just hope I’m being consistent enough so far for the approval team :-)
REALLY like those shnees! Might have to copy that design.  ;D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!