Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Work In Progress

• 89 Replies

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Work In Progress
« Reply #75 on: Jun 28, 2018, 12:17 PM »
Hey man, thanks for shooting that back. I took another look and got a couple more fresh eyes on it. The ab is still a bit tall as I had said before, the proportions just need to be adjusted at the top. What I would recommend is just trimming the top to match the curve of the chest plates so it isn't as pointy, that should be enough to fix the proportions of the ab. Just a very minor trim is all it should need. Once you trim it, you might need to move the ab up just a little bit to adjust for spacing. You got this!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #76 on: Jul 04, 2018, 12:14 AM »
Got the green light on my torso armor so I painted things. Got all my torso armor painted, along with my shoulder bells, my cod, the side arm holster, and a thigh plate. Need to to a few more acrylic washes to get everything consistent with my leg armor. I’m happy with the progress thus far  ;D also got a good big more on my guantlets done. The left has had a couple rockets mounted on a piece of sintra that I formed. Painted them flat black to get a idea how they were looking. They both need some greeblies and then final paint and they will be done.

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #77 on: Jul 11, 2018, 11:53 PM »
Newest updates! Got a new version of my neck seal made. It’s a sickie style with pleather rubbing up it very storm trooper styled. Also got final paint and weathering done to both guantlets. And finally got my ammo belt finished, made a pouch for my voice amp, and got my trophy hilt added.

And below is a link to show what my screen on my guantlet looks like with the bounties it scrolls though.
https://i.imgur.com/1ANqw0l.mp4

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #78 on: Jul 12, 2018, 04:17 AM »
That's awesome work, vod!

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #79 on: Jul 15, 2018, 02:19 PM »
Well had a great weekend! I over the last week was able to finish final weathering and yesterday attend CharCon in Charleston, WV with the Black Mountain Guard! It was great trooping with them for the first time and they helped me take my app pics and they have been submitted as of yesterday! Fingers crossed

Tal Akaan

• “Death...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.”
« Reply #80 on: Jul 15, 2018, 03:14 PM »
Looking good Vod!!! Good luck and can’t wait to see those Kill Stripes!

« Reply #81 on: Jul 15, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Mean looking kit vod. I love it.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #82 on: Jul 15, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Awesome look!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #83 on: Jul 15, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Wow! Should have those killstripes in no time!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #84 on: Jul 16, 2018, 08:35 AM »
OYA! It's looking killer, vod! As Straka said, you should have those kill stripes in no time  ;D

Darasuum Prudii

« Reply #85 on: Sep 10, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Well I finally got news back! I got my kill stripes last night at 8:30 PM. Thanks to all that had commented on my post and helped guide me and inspire me along the way!!!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #86 on: Sep 10, 2018, 12:26 PM »
Congratulations!!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Tal Akaan

• “Death...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.”
« Reply #87 on: Sep 10, 2018, 01:31 PM »
Congratulations Brother!!! Way to go!!!!!!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #88 on: Sep 10, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Grats, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Nix Vuur

• MMCC 1804
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #89 on: Sep 11, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Congrats, vod! You definitely earned those stripes! Well done :8):

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!