Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rick's armor WIP

• 53 Replies
Re: Rick's armor WIP
« Reply #30 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Ok, another shot.  I removed all that I added to the gut plate (getting back to the original template).  Interestingly enough, it is 12" at its widest point, and 7" high, so starts off just on the edge of the 50% rule.  I added 1/2" to the collar plate, and attempted to space things out a little more.  I can add a little more space between plates, after I cut the sintra.  The paper is starting to get a bit flimsy.

How does this look?

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #31 on: Oct 29, 2018, 10:24 AM »
I think that looks good, too.

ORIíRAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Oct 29, 2018, 10:56 AM »
I think that's about spot on.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #33 on: Oct 29, 2018, 11:30 AM »
Thanks, Tek and Kris.  I will start on the sintra using these templates.

Tek Sa'an

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #34 on: Oct 29, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Sounds good!

« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:37 AM »
"has not been posted in for at least 30 days." - that's an understatement.

After having the templates sit "forever", I finally got plates cut, shaped, and painted.  This kit is starting to come together.

I still have a pretty long to-do list:
-weather soft parts
-fix girth and loin cloth belt
-gloves
-boots
-paint shiny bits on gauntlets
-shift front plates to the right (hopefully that doesn't mean re-positioning the velcro)
-shape the back plates a bit more
-finish painting the blaster

What else am I missing?  Feedback and advice, please. Apologies for the messy background.

Kris Jasra

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2020, 11:44 AM »
You've got a good list there.

Only other thing I can see: Both chest and ab look like they need a little further shaping. They've been bent horizontally, they need some vertical shaping too. The top edge of the chest needs flattening down, it should match the collar plate and the fang needs a little tweaking. Top of the ab could do with a small touch inward.

Nice to see you back.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2020, 06:36 PM »
Your plates seem to be shifted over to your left.  They also look too small to my eyes now.  Maybe once they're centered on your vest they'll more in proper proportion.  Great job, so far.  Keep it up.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:15 AM »
Thanks to you both.  Recentering the plates is on my to-do list.

« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2020, 08:36 AM »
I've reshaped and shifted my plates.  How are things looking now?  Thank you.

Tek Sa'an

« Reply #40 on: Feb 05, 2020, 10:26 PM »
I love the way the back is looking. Must be easy to get around like that. Itís looking good.

« Reply #41 on: Apr 29, 2020, 09:45 AM »
My wife said my flight suit and plated didn't match color, so we pivoted to a grey flight suit.

Am I ready for pre-app?

All images

Raquel91

• Mhi solus tome
  • Awards Celebration Chicago
« Reply #42 on: Apr 29, 2020, 09:48 AM »
Hey! Good to see you again! You might be ready! But Iíll let one of our Ruusíalors chime in.

OM #1871
M5 #90
#038 G.O.M.O.L.
#017 Night Owl Society
Raquel91 WIP (Currently S4 Sabine Wren Epilogue Kit)
« Reply #43 on: Apr 29, 2020, 11:23 AM »
Hey! Good to see you again! You might be ready! But Iíll let one of our Ruusíalors chime in.

Thanks, Raquel.

Kris Jasra

« Reply #44 on: Apr 30, 2020, 03:23 AM »
Very close indeed, just a few bits to tweak that I can see.

- A tiny bit more weathering on the vest would help - it's lighter so would show up more than on the darker soft parts.
- The chest plates need further shaping, they're only bent horizontally round the chest at the moment, they need bending vertically. If you look at the side picture they need flattening a little at the top so they aren't lifting off the body, and then the bottom fang needs shaping in to curve with the body.
- Make sure the balaclava is pulled up to hide chin when the helmet is on, and it will need removing for the helmet off shot.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!