Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armor WIP (Any help would be great!)

• 80 Replies

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
Re: First Armor WIP (Any help would be great!)
« Reply #45 on: Jul 26, 2018, 07:37 PM »
Alright, I already cut it. But because I didn't know what to do with it, I started bondoing it together some time ago. So I guess I'll have to see if I can get it all off.

I think I'm going to get April Storms Pre Vizla gauntlets. They look exactly like,what I was wanting, but I have to figure out the budget stuff. As for the legs... What if the strapping for the shin plates wrapped the flightsuit closer?

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #46 on: Jul 26, 2018, 09:37 PM »
Can you post a picture of your cod plate from different angles?

And yeah, with the leg strapping, that's what I was trying to describe.  If you use straps, it'll help keep the legs tucked in and not baggy.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #47 on: Aug 13, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Ok, no progress has really been made, but I need help. Does anyone know where I can print a 3D file? I can't seem to find any nearby that will print and ship.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #48 on: Aug 13, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Shapeways. Or look for a nakersoace or hackerspace in your area. What do you need printed? Depending on what it is I might be able to help you out. Send me a pm

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #49 on: Aug 24, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Okay, progress!

And I went ahead and played Frisbee with them in the driveway:

Which for some reason you can't really see in this picture.

I like 'em. How 'bout you?

Raynos Ge'tal

• Give me a call, I'll build with you.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #50 on: Aug 24, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Nice work. For the next layer use some sort of masking agent to keep covered the parts of the silver damage you want to show through to the top layer. When the next layer is dry wipe off the toothpaste and survey how it looks and adjust as needed. Repeat this process for each layer of paint as you feel like is necessary.  As you keep going remember the weathering on your plates need to match up and remain consistent with your soft goods.

You've made some awesome progress. Keep it going!

Armored Invasions Total: 32|2019: 14| 2018: 12|2017: 7|Educational Events on Record: 20| Joined 03/2017|Upgrade WIP Here
OG PRE-APP 2016

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #51 on: Aug 25, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Well, I've run out of black paint. But I have this to show for it:

I think I need to make all the scratches thinner. But otherwise, I'm happy with it.

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #52 on: Sep 07, 2018, 09:07 AM »
The armor is finished! I have yet to attach most of it, and what I have needs to be spaced out more, but here it is:

Now, for soft parts!

Den Barren

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #53 on: Sep 12, 2018, 03:39 PM »
really liking this kit vod!

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #54 on: Sep 24, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Thanks Den, really appreciate it!
After life hammers me, I finally get some work done. It helped that my gauntlets came.

The chest armor needs straightening, that center diamond is the bane of my existence. I'm afraid the collar is off center a little bit, and the chestplates are iffy.

Once I get all of that figured out, I'm onto legs!

« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2018, 05:27 PM by T_Jay00 » Logged

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #55 on: Oct 17, 2018, 02:45 PM »
And I'm back! This time I have the legs strapped on and the backplate taped on.

So the chest still needs recentering, I need a girth belt (Coming soon!) and the legs need velcro to stop them from sliding down. The shin plates feel weird to wear, I think they don't really work with my boots or my flightsuit. The hem on my legs is rather large, so when I put on the shins, the bottom of the legs flare out. What should I do about that?
Oh, and the butt of the flightsuit seems poofy. Should I try to take it in, or just leave it? And if I should, how?

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #56 on: Oct 17, 2018, 11:50 PM »
Yeah, the seat of your flight suit will need to be tailored.  MC Hammermando isn't a thing.   ;D  As to the mechanics of how...unfortunately, not having any experience with sewing beyond buttons, I can't offer you specifics.  You might want to post that picture, and and question, in the Soft Parts sub-forum to get some specific advice on how to address that.  Your cod plate will need to come up a bit, as well.  It should ride snug to your body, like an exterior protective cup.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

T_Jay00

• Aeon Lassiter
« Reply #57 on: Oct 18, 2018, 03:45 PM »
It's hanging as close as it can. There's tape on the other side holding it on as well as that tape that you can see. I'm rather long, so it looks weird.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #58 on: Oct 18, 2018, 04:09 PM »
Then it needs more shaping or a boba thong

MercOfSteel

• This is the way.
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #59 on: Oct 26, 2018, 06:01 PM »
It may just be the lack of the girth and ammo belts. Get those on once you get them, and take another pic to be sure.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!