Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Maanji Ikari- Talon Clan

• 39 Replies

Vendrel

• The Talon Enforcer since 2008'. 13th Merc of MM
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
Re: Maanji Ikari- Talon Clan
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2012, 10:20 AM »
The holsters looked great Jess. :D :P

SL/TD/ID-5766 501st Member since 02', Mando Merc Member since 07' (13th Mandalorian to join) .

K'raysh Cadera

• Hade ni Ikuze
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2012, 02:53 PM »
Nice looking Femando.

Mandalorian Merc #427

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #32 on: Mar 01, 2012, 01:34 PM »
Nice looking FFFFFFFFFFFemando.

Fixed it so Manji would like it more.  :P

Really, all this kit needs is some thigh armor.  I think that would give it the ultimate *sleek* look. 

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

Manji

• OM #429 & Mr. Bulloch
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #33 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:23 PM »
Fixed it so Manji would like it more.  :P

Really, all this kit needs is some thigh armor.  I think that would give it the ultimate *sleek* look.

>:( >:( >:(

But yeah, I'm definitely ready to have some thigh armor to balance it out. Do I have to kiss your shebs to get a back plate too? Considering my cape is falling apart and all...  :laugh:

Talon Clan Expat | Taakure Clan Transplant

Mandalore the Uniter

• Herder of Cats
  • Uniting the Faithful.
  • Awards Celebration Chicago Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #34 on: Mar 01, 2012, 08:37 PM »
Nah, you just need to get some metal.  :)

I had an awesome sig once, till Photobucket killed it. *frownyface*

RoboEmma

• aka Roboemma
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #35 on: Mar 02, 2012, 11:37 AM »
The new boot/shin combo looks really slick! I think that style of plate layout looks fine without thighs; I consider it like tall metal boots. It'll look great either way, whatever your plan is. Is it removable like you were talking so you can wear it as a light kit, as well?

~
« Reply #36 on: Apr 08, 2012, 06:56 PM »
What did you use for the soft parts of your costume? I'm trying to find a decent "flightsuit" that fits a little more snugly

Scarlet Assassin
"Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."-Boba Fett

Manji

• OM #429 & Mr. Bulloch
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #37 on: Jul 20, 2012, 01:48 PM »
What did you use for the soft parts of your costume? I'm trying to find a decent "flightsuit" that fits a little more snugly

I don't have a flight suit. I just purchased some military cargo pants in the smallest female size at a local Military Surplus store. The shirt is just an ordinary department store find that I tuck into the pants. The girth belts and ammo belt help to hide the seams. ;)

I still don't have thigh armor, but I crafted a new pauldron out of real leather to replace the old, flimsy one made from pleather. It's much nicer now!

Talon Clan Expat | Taakure Clan Transplant

James_wren

• Ni'm briikase at urcir gar
« Reply #38 on: Nov 02, 2020, 01:22 PM »
hello, I'm looking for some pointers on making a helmet I'm almost 18 and am starting my own armor set. Are there good starter materials that I should us or does it matter?

gotal'ur ni kaden, vaabir bic
« Reply #39 on: Nov 02, 2020, 02:07 PM »
hello, I'm looking for some pointers on making a helmet I'm almost 18 and am starting my own armor set. Are there good starter materials that I should us or does it matter?
This is a finished costume gallery not a Q&A gallery, but if you have any questions you should ask them there. I doubt you'll get any replies from the owner of this kit, seeing as he was last active 3 years ago, but other people could help. You can 3D print it, buy it from a Vendor, or make it yourself out of a bicycle helmet and home depot bucket like The Bearded Mando's helmet build. Basically, your options are limitless.

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2020, 10:19 AM by Aratris » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!