Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sintra on the Island?

• 9 Replies

Javri' Trex

• Don't Panic
Sintra on the Island?
« on: Mar 18, 2018, 01:23 AM »
Hey, so I'm new to the forum and the Mandos. I've had some experience in prop making, mostly with foam, a bit of mould making and casting, and finishing 3d prints.

I was wondering if anybody on the Island knew where to get Sintra or another armour making material. If you have any other suggestions I'd love those too. Thanks!

Some of my work so far:

My Mando Armour Concept:

Sources:
Sintra - Industrial Plastics and Paints
Greyboard/Matboard - Unknown/Possibly Art Stores

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2018, 01:16 PM by ByonicTao » Logged
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

WolfofWinter

• Sho'cye Buurenaar-
  • Awards 40% increase or more
Re: Sintra on the Island?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Welcome to the forums Vod!!  Where about's on the Island are you from?  We do armour parties almost every weekend here in Nanaimo and can totally help you find some sintra and get started on your armour!  ;D ;D ;D

Hunt or  be Hunted
MMCC# 1971
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #126
New Death Watch Order #45

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2018, 05:16 PM »
Welcome!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Javri' Trex

• Don't Panic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:19 PM »
Hey Everybody! I live up in Saanich. Would love to come hang out sometime. Actually just posted my WIP thread on the Clan page, so once I get some stuff started I'll put some more pics over there.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2018, 08:35 PM »
Industrial Plastic and Paints has the widest selection of dedicated plastic supplies on the Island, it's located in Victoria

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

WolfofWinter

• Sho'cye Buurenaar-
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2018, 12:33 PM »
Hey Everybody! I live up in Saanich. Would love to come hang out sometime. Actually just posted my WIP thread on the Clan page, so once I get some stuff started I'll put some more pics over there.

Right on!  Great looking design! I also endorse Red Mandalorians suggestion of Industrial Paint and Plastics, and one of our UM's up Island actually works at the Nanaimo location.  If you can make it out to the next mid Island Armour Party you could definitely get some help! 

While I don't have a sintra kit, my partner does and we used 6mm sintra over 3mm but everyone has a personal preference.

Hunt or  be Hunted
MMCC# 1971

Dylande117

• Honor
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2018, 05:25 PM »
Hey Byonictao
Im also new here, and live in victoria. Any advice on were i can get a helmet and armor?

Home: Mandalor
Skill: Bounty Hunter
Name: Tur'an

WolfofWinter

• Sho'cye Buurenaar-
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2018, 09:40 PM »
Hey Byonictao
Im also new here, and live in victoria. Any advice on were i can get a helmet and armor?
Hey Dylande!  The armour can be made by hand, probably in a few hours of work.  The helmet is a little  different; while it absolutely can be made it is a bit more work but can look amazing (look at GardenGeek's helmet for example).  It also depends on the Era of armour you are wanting to build and the overall look of your Mando.  If you troll though the forums here you can see the different era's, look at other Mercs WIP's and see what you like and then start figuring out what you want YOUR Merc to look like!  The design is always the best part TBH!  Also start your own WIP on the Wasu'ran boards here and throw some of your ideas out!  Would love to see what your thinking!
Oya!

Hunt or  be Hunted
MMCC# 1971
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:29 PM »
Hey Byonictao

Depends on how deep into the build you want to go, and your pocket book!

Do you want to cut the armour out of something yourself or pre-cut?

What material do you want to use;   Metal, Plastic (ABS) (Styrene), Plastic Foam (Sintra), Cardboard infused fibreglass (real scratchbuild)?
Remember we have a link here in the forums for armourers and helmet suppliers.

The more info you give us the more advice we can supply

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

Sector Victoria BC

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:42 PM »

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

Sector Victoria BC

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!