Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Javixx' Trall WIP

• 20 Replies

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
Re: Javixx' Trall WIP
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Now I just need to figure out what to do with the rest of the fabric  ;D

You could make spats with them? This is an easy way to attach shins, if you choose to make them :D

or your neck seal? If you want it to match your vest that is...

Something i would actually suggest for your vest... if you have semi cirlce pieces that come out from the top of each shoulder. It makes it much easier to attach your shoulder bells! I'll see if i can find a pic to show you

Ok i found one of WolfOfWinter...

Can you see how the shoulder sits directly on top of the material?

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

WolfofWinter

• Sho'cye Buurenaar-
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #16 on: Mar 23, 2018, 12:35 PM »

You can always do a Kama or a loin cloth if you don't want to do a Cod, with the extra material.  I have a cod but I think my next kit will have a loin cloth for sure.

Hunt or  be Hunted
MMCC# 1971
Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #126
New Death Watch Order #45
« Reply #17 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:22 PM »

You could always make a cape.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Javri' Trex

• Don't Panic
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Helmet Time!
So I started work on my helmet. I got some matboard and cut out my templates. Then used hot glue to tack it in place while the glue set.

Put some guide curves on the top of the base to have a reference when making the dome as well I put a second layer of board around the helmet to give some accentuating features and make it more sturdy. Then I cut out the cheek areas.

I put in the cheeks.

I tried to do a dome out of cardboard but it wasn't symmetrical and was lumpy. I think I might go GardenGeeks route and find a hardhat or something and use that as my dome. In the end, I'm going to put fibreglass resin on the inside and bondo the outside so I can sand it down and give it some more rigidity. Also, I have to find a visor. I was thinking just a black one for simplicity but a mirrored one would be cool if I could find the supplies. Does anyone have a voice modulator in their bucket? If so where did you get it?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #19 on: Mar 31, 2018, 01:53 AM »
Nice work on that bucket!

Yeah, the dome looks like it would be the worst. Probably better to find something else with the right shape, like you said.

*Goes back to lurking*

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it

Javri' Trex

• Don't Panic
« Reply #20 on: Apr 22, 2018, 09:24 PM »
I started work on the ears for my bucket. The material I've been using up to this point is basically poster board. This is a problem as it doesn't have the structural homogeny of cardboard which makes sanding a nightmare. So I think that I might even start the full helmet over. The dome might work better with the new material.

I'm not quite happy with them, they are all wonky and have major cracks and gouges in them. I redid the full ear like this.

I'm going to redo the rest of the ear parts. hopefully, the second time around it gets better.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!