Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Late Crusader - Ni Ori'Dush

• 10 Replies

Ni Ori'Dush

• Buy'ce olar, kar'ta ogir.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Force Hunter Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
Late Crusader - Ni Ori'Dush
« on: Mar 28, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Su cuy'gar Mando'ade!

I'm starting my first kit. So I wanna present you the advances, obviously supervised and with the aproval of my Ruus'Alor. I must also indicate that over the current assembly there are already changes that I am still making, however for lack of time I could not make the photos. Feel free for your opinion, vode!

This is my aproved concept

And the Helmet design

I started with the flight suit

And the plates design, cut and molding

After, came the pouches and belt sewing

The paint of the pieces...

And the assembly

The helmet was a very very hard work. First, I designed it from my old Executor Helmet patterns, fixing manually and redesigning what were necessary.

After came the hardened, sanding, and painting. However, still some changes remaining, sugested by my Ruus'Alor.

The actual assembly is this for now. I have done a extension for chest plate, and cutted a bit of the hand plate, shins, knees and boot plates, but these photos are not taken yet because I haven't time actually.

Finally the weapon: I started over a commercial toy, but I had disassambled, sanded, added greeblies and converted in a sniper rifle.

I installed a couple of energy cells, but the placement were not accurated. As you see in the assambly photo, the cells were moved to the side, and the sigth were moved to his initial placement.

That's all for now, I hope this hollidays I could post the final advances.

CAT #2089 - BM #317 - FH #18 - M.M.R.S. #50 - C.C.P.H.H.M.M. #33 / WIP: Late Crusader / Force Hunter / Heavy Medic

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Gent’alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Late Crusader - Ni Ori'Dush
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2018, 12:50 PM »
Woooow... what level Vod ... It's getting amazing your LC ... let's hope that recommendations give you here...

Regards,

Grey Brigade - OT Guard 106

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member Mobile Engineers Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Kit is looking AWESOME Vod!
Great job on the plate design, the shaping, the paint, and the scratch built helmet!

These are the things that stand out to me that you might want to address before applying:
-Your flightsuit and arm wraps look a little clean when compared to the weathering on your plates and kama.
-The rivets on your armor need to be painted to match the kit
-I think it would look better if the straps attaching to the top of the front to the top of the back ended underneath the plates instead of on top of them. Right now ending on top they're giving off kind of an "overalls" vibe.
-I think you could use some more coverage in the collar area (between top of chest plates and neck).   -- I couldn't find any LC references that had much space between the armor and the neck.  If you have some, that would help too :)

Getting super close!

Ni Ori'Dush

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Force Hunter Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2018, 07:48 PM »
Thank you for your feedback. These are almost all the recommendations the Ruus'Alor and the Ver'Alor gave me and I'm actually working in. The rivets painting and the strips placement is anything I should do, thanks again, vod.

CAT #2089 - BM #317 - FH #18 - M.M.R.S. #50 - C.C.P.H.H.M.M. #33 / WIP: Late Crusader / Force Hunter / Heavy Medic

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2018, 01:14 PM »
I didn't realize you had a thread here as well! Ha. Well, here's some more thoughts:

Great job modifying that rifle -- it looks amaaazzziinnnggg. Good use of the leather, and I'm in love with the torso plate designs (I'm such a sucker for anything Clone-like :laugh: ). The trauma plating looks great on the chest and abdomen.

Have you thought about doing some blackwash on the plates, per chance? If there is blackwash and I can't see it, ignore this. ;)

Something else you might consider is adding more greeblies or do-dads or switches to a few of the plates:

Crusader kits are usually covered in all kinds of random crap to get that rugged, lived-in tech look. Just something to think about. :)

I'm so happy to see another Crusader kit, and yours is great. Can't wait to see the updates you mentioned!

Ni Ori'Dush

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Morning vode! I'm almost ready with all the changes, well, there are all done but I forgot to take photos. However, acording to sugestions, I was making a vital support backpack. There are the advances.

I started with a pair of sport bottles and a old router, and some pvc from the beskar.

After, came the sanding and the painting.

And finally, the placement in back plate

Tonight I plan to place the hose and take a photo of the final ensamble. See you!

Khorkhe Ori'tor

• Gent’alor
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ invasions in 2017 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Hello Vod:

Great Job with your backpack... we hope to see new photos soon wearing the kit...

Regards,

Grey Brigade - OT Guard 106

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Your kit is looking very good. Sep covered the things I can see that need adjustment, and I can see you took Ordeyn's suggestion on blackwashing, which really does give it that nice crusadery lived-in quality. I love what you did with that pack, awesome job scrounging materials and bashing 'em together!

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2018, 05:49 PM »
That vital support box is epic!  8) 8) 8)

Ni Ori'Dush

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2018, 10:03 AM »
Thank you for all your feedback! The kit is actually in Pre App, so the next week I'll have notices for the fixlist.
Oya!

So, there's the photos taken for the pre-app

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2018, 04:33 PM by Kadiith » Logged

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #10 on: Apr 21, 2018, 12:43 PM »
That is one slick looking set of armor. The only thing that stands out to me in these better lit pictures is that the boots are a noticeably lighter shade than the other 'soft' parts of the suit. If you haven't run across it before, you can actually get leather paint that works quite well and saves you dyeing effort; I recommend either darkening the boots to match the straps and pouches, or lightening the straps and pouches to match the boots. Not necessarily something that will get your application denied, but it's the little details that really tie the whole kit together in the long run. Regardless of that detail, the whole suit looks awesome.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!