Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Mcquarrie concept v1 helmet

• 1 Replies

Shurik Bhar'vani

• I've come to deliver some bad luck
Question - Mcquarrie concept v1 helmet
« on: Mar 20, 2018, 08:44 AM »
I have a question about:

Out of curiosity, can the Mcquarrie concept helmet be modified for a Modern kit?

I'm looking to do a pilot setup, was planning on ditching the rangefinder, adding a blast shield and running one or both tubes for the life support box from the gaskets at the mouth of the helmet to pass the pilot CRLs -- I thought it might be a bit easier and unique to do with this helmet since it's so rarely used and seen, and it has a wonderfully alien vibe to it that I think would be awesome

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> "

I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light

Ordeyn

• MMCC #0629
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Question - Mcquarrie concept v1 helmet
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2018, 10:19 AM »
So Thaxos, our beautiful technological-adept land mermaid, created this excellent guide to helmets resource in the Helmets area of the forums: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=72583.0

The Concept Fett helmet is allowed for modern use, but it cannot be modified. Here's why:

Why is the Concept Fett allowed for modern use? It doesn't have any features of a modern helmet.
This is true. It's an issue we struggled with as a team to define. It appears in the KOTOR comics as a Late Crusader helmet, but it has also been featured in a version of The Force Unleashed on Mandalorian characters and was the precursor to the current design for Boba Fett. Given its pedigree and its modern references, we allow for the Concept Fett helmet to be the exception to the rule.

- Taakure Clan -

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!