Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rhysal's Soft Parts!

• 20 Replies

GardenGeek

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Re: Rhysal's Soft Parts!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2019, 05:44 PM »
I highly recommend making the neck seal a bit bigger around than you think that you'll need. Comfort is key! I made mine the right size for my neck, then added ribbing and now whenever I troupe it looks like I got strangled when I de kit. 

« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2019, 12:41 AM »
I've been working on this a bit again lately, and have a few small updates to share!

My vest has been adjusted slightly, hemmed along the bottom, and I've started adding plates. Here is a photo I also posted in my armour thread, but it shows that the fit of the vest is a bit improved.

I've also made a new a new & improved girth belt, which I like much better than the previous one. I'm really loving the texture, and it was fun to work on! It will have a velcro closure, which will be in the back. I'd originally tried using the buckles from my first girth belt, but they weren't really working or looking that good, IMO.

More progress was made on a pouch, this is by no means the best stitching you'll ever see, but I hope it will be acceptable. This pouch will be sized to hold personal items, and I plan to make a few smaller ones for visual interest. I will round the front flap yet and add a magnetic closure. It will attach to the belt from the previous photo, which I might have to paint/dye or something to match this vinyl color. I might add some more details to it yet, just to make it look more interesting.

The plan is to continue working on belts/pouches, finish up neck seal and also tackle shoulders.

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
« Reply #17 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Oya,

If that doesn't work out, for the leather pouches, let me know. Kory and I should be able to whip something up for you with the pattern for my belt bags.

We may ned to adjust the seams on your vest though, as some of the not-grey thread is peeking out.

~Shauna

« Reply #18 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Oya,

If that doesn't work out, for the leather pouches, let me know. Kory and I should be able to whip something up for you with the pattern for my belt bags.

We may ned to adjust the seams on your vest though, as some of the not-grey thread is peeking out.

~Shauna

Oya,

I believe that's actually the vest fabric... it's a bit lighter on the wrong side and some of that has poked through. All the stitching i did yesterday though is better, so I might just need to redo some of those seams.  :P (Regarding the machine, it looks like I was using the wrong bobbins before.)

« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Hello all, time for another small (yet large) update.

With the help of beren88's amazing wife, I am well on my way to making a new vest! It took most of the day, but after measuring, adjusting and doing a couple mock ups, we arrived here!

We figured that the princess seam might need to move up a bit in the armpit, but otherwise we were SUPER happy with it. It seems to fit so much better than my current vest  ;D I need to try it on with my flight suit top and see how it fits but I'm optimistic.

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
« Reply #20 on: Sep 02, 2019, 10:22 PM »
Nicole told me you had to remake your old vest.

This looks great, and I am really liking the purple. I hope that you're much happier with this one. It looks great.

~Shauna

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!