Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jal Korvo New WIP Thread

• 52 Replies

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
Jal Korvo New WIP Thread
« on: Mar 20, 2018, 11:18 PM »
Hellooo. I have not started a topic or posted in my old ones in a very long time, thanks to Photobucket, as well as, taking an extended break from my kit. But I'm excited to be back and working on things. I've since acquired some ABS sheets and cut out some plates.

And since it's been such a long time, here's my helmet, which has been done for a couple years now.

I began planning in 2014 so as you can guess, I'm quite ready to finish this up and get official. I suppose I should make a checklist.
Flightsuit
Flak vest
Ammo belt
Girth belt
Boots
Half chaps
Helmet
Armor
Blaster pistol
Loin cloth
Gloves
Backplate
Holster
Gauntlets
Knee attachments
Blaster rifle
-Minor adjustments

Looking forward to getting back into things.
 :boba:

« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2019, 03:16 AM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Jal Korvo New WIP Thread
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2018, 11:35 PM »
Those are all looking good.  I'm looking forward to seeing more, vod.  Welcome back.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Watching with interest! Hope to see you at an armour party soon!

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 02:33 AM »
Well I broke my elbow so progress has been slow. I got some plates shaped but otherwise, I've been working on other parts. Got a new belt and buckle. Acquired, assembled, and painted a new sidearm, as well as binders. Hopefully be healed up before Summer's over. I wanna get this armor done before the end of the year.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:13 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2018, 10:35 PM »
Finally some progress! Just got my loin cloth. I love it. With the exception of a holster for my blaster, my belt setup is finished. Aside from that, just need to paint my shin armor and add attachments for shins, knees, and boot armor. That will complete my lower half. Closing in on getting this done and it feels great.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:20 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Aug 10, 2018, 12:24 AM »
This is all looking good, vod. Keep it up.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Hello! Progress!
Just need attachments on all this and to finish up some weathering and my lower half will be finished.

And here's the shoulder bells and glove armor.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:23 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #7 on: Aug 27, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Got a back plate shaped today thanks to help from Desago. Also finished up shaping torso armor and got outlines drawn on the vest for attachment. All other plates were cleared for size and spacing and are ready to be sanded and painted. I'll be working on a holster for my blaster soon and I'm just waiting on the gauntlets to arrive. Really getting close here and I'm super excited.  :porg1:

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:28 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

GraniteDad

• Choruk Buir
« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2018, 10:22 AM »
This color scheme looks amazing. Great weathering job, the pieces really look like dinged-up metal due to hard use.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #9 on: Aug 28, 2018, 09:32 PM »
Thanks so much vod! That's great to hear. I'm so excited to finish. Got even more done today. Velcro on the vest. Flight suit all tailored up. Plates ready for paint.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #10 on: Aug 28, 2018, 10:39 PM »
You look awesome, ner vod.

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Sep 12, 2018, 03:30 PM »
Loving where this kit is going vod!! Can't wait to see more progress

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #12 on: Sep 21, 2018, 08:35 PM »
I feel like this may be the last post before pre-app pictures. Every piece of armor in my possession is finished. All that's left is taking care of lower armor attachments, making my holster, and my gauntlets, which should be shipping this week. Here's everything I have so far. Can't say enough how great this feels.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:30 PM by Jal Korvo » Logged

myriot

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #13 on: Sep 23, 2018, 01:01 PM »
Your kits is looking great!
Keep an eye on your weathering though. From the last pic I don't see much weathering on your ab plate compared to the rest of your armor. Don't want you to get sent back from pre app for just that little thing   :)
Glad you are keeping up on your WIP,
You're almost there!!!!

*Kebii'tra Kematr'kipa*
CAT# 1069  Vhe'rang Clan NM/West Texas SC
Vhe'rang Clan Alor'ad 2015-2022
Education Team 2018-2022
Supply Team 2018-2022
App Team 2018-2022
Public Realtions XO 2018-2021
Order of Ori'Ramikad 2018
Rally Master 2022
G.O.M.O.L # 037 Mandalorian Cavalry #10 M.A.R.S.

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #14 on: Sep 26, 2018, 11:56 AM »
There are no words... Your kit looks uh-mazing! (Yes, I wrote it like that for emphasis  :laugh:) Very, very nice, vod!  :like:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2018, 11:02 AM »
How have I missed this build?!  Kit looks really good!  Can't wait to see those killstripes.  :like: :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Hey thanks for the kind words, vode. Really close to finishing but wouldn't be surprised if it takes another chunk of time. Been kinda down lately and maybe needing a break.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2018, 11:23 PM »
Hey thanks for the kind words, vode. Really close to finishing but wouldn't be surprised if it takes another chunk of time. Been kinda down lately and maybe needing a break.

Looking pretty good over all! This may have been mentioned already but with the amount of weathering on your plates you are going to need to even though out and add some matching weathering to those soft parts.  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Happy to report that I've ordered some new parts and progress should continue soon.
 :like:

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2018, 01:12 PM »
Woo! Glad to hear you're gonna be back at it soon!

What kind of work do you think you have left?

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #20 on: Nov 28, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Woo! Glad to hear you're gonna be back at it soon!

What kind of work do you think you have left?
Thanks vod, it's good to be back.
My biggest trouble has been gauntlets so that's the last piece left as far as armor. I finally ordered some from April Storm that should hopefully be a good fit. Aside from that, my holster needs finished, which will probably get done later this evening when I go to Desago's. We also have to adjust Velcro on my vest, and I've still gotta figure out straps/attachments for my knee armor. That should pretty much cover it. Then I have a frag grenade on order to add to my belt as well, but that won't take any time.

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2018, 04:25 PM »
My holster is finally done! So excited. Big thanks to Desago for the assembly.

Shaping, staining, and finishing were done by me.  :porg1:

« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2019, 11:36 AM by Jal Korvo » Logged

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #22 on: Dec 01, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Welcome back Jal! Blaster and holster both look great!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #23 on: Dec 01, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Nice work vod, that came out looking great

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Coming along nicely,  vod! Been enjoying watching your progress, and it shouldn't be too much longer till you get your stripes!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!