Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Invasion Request- Metro Comics FCBD Sat May 5th 2018

• 5 Replies

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
Invasion Request- Metro Comics FCBD Sat May 5th 2018
« on: Mar 24, 2018, 01:02 AM »
Free Comic Book Day at Metropolis Comics and Toys across from Metrotown Mall.

It goes from about 12pm- close (8pmish) but we would need to be there at 11am to get ready and kit up! We don't need to be there all day... until about 5pm or so

There is an area to change in the back as well as a place to store our bins.

I'll look into what kind of activities they want us to bring, or if they just want us to walk around in kit :D

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Invasion Request- Metro Comics FCBD Sat May 5th 2018
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Nice.    I've thought a few times that they would make a good partner for regularly planned fundraisers.   I hope we can get a good turnout and impress them.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:05 PM »
I've been to this comic store a few times, a few notes if you have never been there;

To get to it, it is on the second floor, the stair case is steep, no elevator or handicap access,
Walking around the store if your heavy footed, your gonna shake the display cabinets,
They store has all the regular stock (actually a little limited in selection), without anything really standing out, except maybe their Transformer buy n trade section,
I'd be interested in purchasing their life size cartoon Princess Leia, but some one damaged her blaster arm.
Not sure how big their "change an storage" area will be, overall the store feels.... tired, could just be the building.
They have room enough for the Bean Bag toss, but the setup of their space makes it limited for much else,
Free Comic book days have been occurring since 2008, so they have lost the spark it used to have, and is not greatly advertised anymore,

The side walk is in need of maintenance watch your footing, if you are doing any part of the troop outside,

If the store was still in the mall I would predict a good turn out, but since it is above street level and away from the mall, turnout maybe a little disappointing (I would not mind being wrong)

Overall I get a weird vibe when I visit the store, I do a walk about of the shop and nothing really stands out, for purchase, again could just be me.

I'd rather visit Stuarts comic store from BBT

Out of all the shops in Vancouver, Toy Traders, and Imperial Hobbies are my favorites.

Hope this doesn't sound too negative.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I've been to this comic store a few times, a few notes if you have never been there;

To get to it, it is on the second floor, the stair case is steep, no elevator or handicap access,
Walking around the store if your heavy footed, your gonna shake the display cabinets,
They store has all the regular stock (actually a little limited in selection), without anything really standing out, except maybe their Transformer buy n trade section,
I'd be interested in purchasing their life size cartoon Princess Leia, but some one damaged her blaster arm.
Not sure how big their "change an storage" area will be, overall the store feels.... tired, could just be the building.
They have room enough for the Bean Bag toss, but the setup of their space makes it limited for much else,
Free Comic book days have been occurring since 2008, so they have lost the spark it used to have, and is not greatly advertised anymore,

The side walk is in need of maintenance watch your footing, if you are doing any part of the troop outside,

If the store was still in the mall I would predict a good turn out, but since it is above street level and away from the mall, turnout maybe a little disappointing (I would not mind being wrong)

Overall I get a weird vibe when I visit the store, I do a walk about of the shop and nothing really stands out, for purchase, again could just be me.

I'd rather visit Stuarts comic store from BBT

Out of all the shops in Vancouver, Toy Traders, and Imperial Hobbies are my favorites.

Hope this doesn't sound too negative.

It's actually my go to comic book store and i know the owner personally. I've been there the past 4 years for FCBD, and yes i definitely agree that there isn't a whole lot of room for activities besides a coloring area (he would provide a table like usual), but overall when i've been there in kit, i usually just walk around and get pics with people.

The change area is in the back- he has a huge space (although you would prob want to change into your flightsuit in the bathroom) but it is quite open.

And b/c it's the only comic book store in central Burnaby, it's gets a really nice turn out :D

Would you be interested in coming over that weekend?

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2018, 04:00 PM »
I would be interested, but my job won't be alongside, with spring comes more waving the flag at sea.

Good to know, you know the shop people, always good to be friendly with the local merchants.

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2018, 04:11 PM »
I would be interested, but my job won't be alongside, with spring comes more waving the flag at sea.

Good to know, you know the shop people, always good to be friendly with the local merchants.

ah yes, work work :P

Well i hope you get a chance to come out here at some point soon!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!