Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Helmet and stuff

• 2 Replies

Gellidus

• The abyss looked back at me and said "He will do"
WIP Helmet and stuff
« on: Mar 24, 2018, 05:27 AM »
So im posting as i need to get my -censored- in gear on this. Also, need to get approval on what the hell I'm making.
Im a forum newb so hopefully my pics actually appear

SO... I won this Metal mask at a murder mystery and now i have decided that im going to use it for my bucket. I made it into a half assed costume for another event but now im tearing it apart again to make it legal for here.

Its attached to an old hard hat with some sex bolts and the side bolt that you can see is to allow for it to come up like a Knights visor. I made it move like that as it narrows a bit at the bottom and im unable to put it on and off straight up and down if you understand my rambling.

Im planning on making the back connect to the sides with approved plastic (Aka home depot bucket)

OH and also im going to take it to my buddies house with better tools and cut a better 'T' shape into it. Right now the visibility is horrible and will only get worse as I go.

:Edit, pics didnt work:

« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2018, 05:31 AM by Gellidus » Logged

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
Re: WIP Helmet and stuff
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2018, 07:42 PM »
Pics work, now! :D

I'm interested to see where this goes. As it stands, I can only guess it will take A LOT of work to get it approval ready, but you sound like you have some plans going on so I'm curious to see what it'll look like with the "T" cut out.

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
Re: WIP Helmet and stuff
« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:17 PM »
This is a great idea concept, the work involved will show a great deal of skill,

If I may suggest an alternative;
When clone armour came out, certain armourer's made the helmets with removable face plates, via rare earth magnets,
That may be an easier alternative for your mando helmet concept.

Either way a great project concept!

Good Luck!

TRM-MMCC-0117
Strength an Honour

I'M NOT RETIRED!!  just upgrading!..... again!
Sector Victoria BC

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/club-charter/mercs-codex/

http://mandalorianmercs.org/who-we-are/mission-history/

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!