Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Unknowns armour and other bits wip

• 279 Replies
Re: Unknowns armour and other bits wip
« Reply #150 on: Jan 26, 2020, 01:16 AM »
Unknown, that wasn't my intention, I apologize for being rude. I know you have been at this for a while and we've all seen the high quality stuff you have put out. I hope to see some more cool stuff coming along soon man  :like:
All good mate, don't stress. I could have worded things better

« Reply #151 on: Jan 26, 2020, 10:23 PM »
Small start, few layers of green removed, kill stripe style largely removed. Some interesting layers left to try work on. Thinking of some black jaig eyes.. similar to Breyo Fey's, like his sinister look

Tal Choruk

• I'll appear from the shadows...as an OM....
« Reply #152 on: Jan 27, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Please tell me your bucket will stay like this...looks gorgeous as is. The Jaig eyes with a similar 'tarnished' look will just look mean.

« Reply #153 on: Jan 27, 2020, 02:05 PM »
Please tell me your bucket will stay like this...looks gorgeous as is. The Jaig eyes with a similar 'tarnished' look will just look mean.
That's the goal....a mean -censored- kicking protector of legend.
I had a dent on the right that's getting filled so there will be some replaying involved...are you referring to the colour or some of the texture?

« Reply #154 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:28 AM »

Filled in the debt, need to sand back and clean up, paint and improve the area
Found a cool pic of concept fett too.....another inspiration

« Reply #155 on: Feb 19, 2020, 12:59 AM »
Latest small bit  of work....going for the flame unit housing to be cut down...I'll have the flame nozzles roughly at the standard length ...just something bit different and modified

« Reply #156 on: Feb 21, 2020, 10:17 PM »
Bit of playing around, before work out what I'll use for the flame thrower, been looking at a few lengths

Also thinking of having ability to extend and retract
Also thinking of going for sidearms like the top or bottom...

« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2020, 10:34 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #157 on: Feb 22, 2020, 11:18 AM »
If you haven't already painted the helmet further, if you wanted to keep it much as is you could straight up paint the dent filler in silver and just weather it to match. It fits with the damage on that side of the visor!

If you can make that flame housing retractible, that would be sick. If not, go with the shorter one; from personal experience, EVERYTHING that can get caught on something, will get caught on something, so shorter is better.

Sidearms: I like the top one better :D.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #158 on: Feb 22, 2020, 08:09 PM »
With the flame unit housing , I was thinking of the tube being able to extend and retract....and also just the front section  of the housing. Also thinking of eliminating the front bit of the housing....it no longer has a purpose except looks....hhhmmm might be able to make something work though.
I haven't done any painting on the helmet yet...I'm thinking of reshaping the damage in that area, make it fit the dame on the visor better....been lazy with painting.  Also need to add some more "bondo"  to shape the repair work better.
Other work planned for this helmet is....replace bordon connector with metal one, got some decals for ears....then the inside needs padding etc

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #159 on: Feb 24, 2020, 12:03 AM »
Any progress is good progress!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #160 on: Feb 24, 2020, 01:08 AM »
Any progress is good progress!
Yeah that's true mate, the enthusiasm is building too. Got a lot of ideas rattling around in my head. still visualising flame thrower style...colours. Starting to play around with cape....poncho style bit of canvas...washing and hanging out etc. no weathering yet.
Playing with weapon ideas.
I need to make a list of the brls....mixed with my ideas....try organise the mess in the mind  :laugh: :laugh:
Was thinking at work....I should put the kit on see where I'm at, what I need etc...get a few pics going
Something else to do....repainted this poorly painted disgrace....

« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2020, 03:45 AM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #161 on: Mar 10, 2020, 01:50 AM »
Been along time since I've really painted anything...decided to see how the airbrush is working, resprayed the jet pack...just started to experiment with the weathering, applying some decals...mixing the ESB and Rotj/ pre pro up abit. Going to add a few more, need to paint the piano teeth.....a lot more weathering....improve what's there too.

« Reply #162 on: Mar 14, 2020, 11:19 PM »

Bit more weathering done...more to be done yet especially the bottom of it , finished putting on decals. Next up will be thrusters and side cylinders being painted a metal colour

« Reply #163 on: Mar 31, 2020, 03:40 AM »
Experimenting, not keeping the yellow on the rocket

Shin tool

Kol Varek

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #164 on: Mar 31, 2020, 02:30 PM »
I dig the color mix!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #165 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:35 PM »
The white thrusters aren’t staying, maybe white rocket, or a metal colour
The yellow will go, And orange will be weathered

« Reply #166 on: Apr 04, 2020, 02:42 AM »
Small bit of colour added on, just the one side at this stage

Kol Varek

« Reply #167 on: Apr 05, 2020, 03:21 PM »
Nice! I can't wait to see this with your weathering!

« Reply #168 on: Apr 06, 2020, 09:27 AM »
Nice! I can't wait to see this with your weathering!
Thanks mate, that may be tricky, besides the black, which was a primer, and I do like it flat black. I added some -censored- hand painting earlier, then sprayed over with orange. I’d forgotten I didn’t do a silver coat... I’ll get onto that, then try some weathering. Also add pics later when get home... sone things might start working on
Few bits and pieces may get used to make something that’s in twin engines comic.... not same but the idea if that make sense
Few things that may see some work in next few days  ???

« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2020, 06:14 PM by The Unknown Mando » Logged
« Reply #169 on: Apr 08, 2020, 07:02 AM »
Initial bits of weathering started. Need to do more, remove some mask lines etc, smooth out some edges and add more wear. Then a wash or two

« Reply #170 on: Apr 10, 2020, 11:29 PM »
A little bit of play time this morning,
Bit more weathering on sonic beam weapon and starting to sand smooth the Jodo Kast style grenades

Bit of work on chest plates too

« Reply #171 on: Apr 11, 2020, 08:22 PM »
Bit more corona Easter progress

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #172 on: Apr 12, 2020, 09:01 PM »
Beautiful! :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #173 on: Apr 12, 2020, 11:55 PM »
Beautiful! :like:
Not yet  :laugh:.....hopefully if the Stars align ....thanks mate 🤙🏻

« Reply #174 on: Apr 18, 2020, 07:03 AM »
mucking around a bit today. Getting a bit of texture showing. The plate needs a lot more work and clean up, I'll do a certain amount then leave until I do similar with the other plates....then try get a fairly uniform look

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!