Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Clan Wren style mando pirate

• 12 Replies

Piru

• Queen'alor
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
Custom Clan Wren style mando pirate
« on: Mar 27, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Hello!

This last two months I've been working with my husband on a custom Clan Wren armour. The idea is making her something like a mando pirate captain, so once I manage to get the app team approval, I'm going to apply for the privateers brigade. I have to thank Kebiin Ke'Varek, Hik'aari Kelborn and Ty'renn Argos for all their help and infinite patience with all my questions xD

Let's get started! Sadly, part of the process photos got lost when husband drowned his phone.

Patterns:

Shaping the plates:

Painting:

Weathered plates:

The bucket:

Boots:

The road to make magnetic boots:

And finally!

Flintlock blaster:

And details:

Trophies:
Chest diamonds

Kyber crystals

Belt:

Thermal detonators on the secondary belt:

Breaching charges:

Gloves:

Sash:

Leg pouches:

Purple velvet for the pareo:

That's more or less the final result. There are still some changes that have to be done:

I'm planning on getting a neckseal (NECK MEEEEAT), improve belt fitting (belt was too long, and was falling to my hips), and the vest needs better fitting, fixing some rogue velcros and hiding the zipper. If needed, I'll have to make the collar and backplate join.

Feel free to throw some feedback! :)

"These aren't wookie braids; these are from the b****es that dared to flirt with my man." - Bryn Staroc

"It's not hunting if it doesn't have a chance to kill you." - Imara Zagra

"Death or Glory" - Captain Corsat

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
Re: Custom Clan Wren style mando pirate
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2018, 02:50 PM »
That is beautiful! Beyond awesome, vod! Looks ready for pre-apps if you ask me.  :D

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27, 2018, 05:30 PM »
'tis a fine kit and any privateer crew would be glad to have yee.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2018, 07:31 PM »
Nice work vod! Looks amazing! Only things I'd recommend are scopes on the blasters to make them swarzy, moving the right shoulder up a bit, and adding a balaclava. Other than that, it's amazing!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Piru

• Queen'alor
  • Awards Beastmaster Brigade Member Medic Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Mar 28, 2018, 06:28 AM »
Thank you all for your kind words! ^^

Nice work vod! Looks amazing! Only things I'd recommend are scopes on the blasters to make them swarzy, moving the right shoulder up a bit, and adding a balaclava. Other than that, it's amazing!

Is it required or is a suggestion? I really, really don't like scopes :(

"These aren't wookie braids; these are from the b****es that dared to flirt with my man." - Bryn Staroc

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2018, 11:38 AM »
It's a suggestion. There are a few ways that a blaster can be made more swarzy, that just tends to be the most common way!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Tal Akaan

• “Death...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.”
« Reply #6 on: Mar 29, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Oh Wow! Your build is incredible!!!  :o Love it!!!

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2018, 10:37 PM »
This really is an excellent build! I feel you on the scope-hate. I always thought it pretty silly to put scopes on a pistol, but I will grudgingly admit that it is a very swarzy thing to do. You already have plans for a neck seal, so I have no other input to add.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Those breaching charges look really familiar...

Love the look of this kit, vod!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Piru

• Queen'alor
« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:28 PM »
I've improved how to display the kyber crystal trophies on my kit. Hope you like it :)

Keely

• Cora Bla'or | Head Traffic Cone
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2018, 12:42 PM »
When you get approved we'd love to have you join our Orange Mando social club! The Traffic Cone Brigade! https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=143100.0

Traffic Cones #1 | N.O.S. #19 | O.A.S. | G.O.M.O.L. #29 | M5 #92 | K.O.V.A | M.V.S. #96 | Xeno #4
 FB | IG | Website | Twitter | Invasions: 27

Piru

• Queen'alor
« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2018, 01:38 PM »
When you get approved we'd love to have you join our Orange Mando social club! The Traffic Cone Brigade! https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=143100.0

Hahaha I was planning to join you!  :laugh:
Thanks for your lovely invite, tho!

K'iim Tal

• Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Just wow, no other way to put it :D

"Better one big enemy that you can see, than many small ones you can't!"

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!