Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Seeking Sniper Blaster rifle pre-approval opinion

• 5 Replies

Akron Hax

• If you don't fail, you aren't trying.
Seeking Sniper Blaster rifle pre-approval opinion
« on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:17 PM »
I have been messaging with a couple of app team members trying to get this blaster into shape. But they have gone dark (assuming they are very busy people).
I need to know if I have an approvable blaster here. TIA

This thing has been making my life hell. I scratch built my bucket and armor and that was easy. This thing however... If I realized how difficult modding a Nerf gun was going to be I would have just built it from scratch. But in to far now.

Akron Hax
MMCC# 2061

Shurik Bhar'vani

• "Scopes are for people who worry they might miss"
Re: Seeking Sniper Blaster rifle pre-approval opinion
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27, 2018, 06:32 PM »
I have been messaging with a couple of app team members trying to get this blaster into shape. But they have gone dark (assuming they are very busy people).
I need to know if I have an approvable blaster here. TIA

This thing has been making my life hell. I scratch built my bucket and armor and that was easy. This thing however... If I realized how difficult modding a Nerf gun was going to be I would have just built it from scratch. But in to far now.

Honestly, to my eye it checks all the boxes. At this point, if you hadn't said this was a Nerf gun I would have been hard-pressed to figure it out past the thumbhole stock and trigger guard looking vaguely similar to....a Longstrike I think?

I would give it the green light, but then again I'm not on the app team  :laugh:

This is why I use decommissioned airsoft guns as my bases. Surprisingly, for me it's easier to annihilate those to the point that they're Swarzy than a Nerf gun would be to modify

"Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Naughty list...  <ZAP> Nice list?  Must be a typo. <ZAP> <ZAP><ZAP> " -Bazii Malric on Santa Shurik, circa 201(3?)

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2018, 11:42 AM »
Take this for what its worth, coming from another non-OM.

To me the back end looks like an AlphaHawk, but the front is pretty unrecognizable. The other thing that looks Earthy to me is the sight adjustment knobs on the scope, but we see those on Han's DL-44, so they're probably ok.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2018, 11:53 AM »
It looks really good, and had you not said it was Nerf, I probably wouldn't have known.  That said, I'm not on the app team.

Just continue to be patient, they are pretty busy this time of year.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2018, 07:05 PM »
I find myself in similar shoes.  I think the work you have done is really very good, for what that is worth. 
 I am sure the Nerf rules where spawned from so many painted only mods, but it seems like the scales are tipped the other way now and a scratch built weapon with less detail is easier to pass.  Good luck. 

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab #2126
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2018, 05:36 AM »
I have that model and yours is hard to recognize. Good job on the barrel.

Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net

OM #2126 / Cabur Akaata #223

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!