Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

BlasTech DL-18 (Nerf Sharpfire mod)

• 5 Replies

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab
BlasTech DL-18 (Nerf Sharpfire mod)
« on: Apr 11, 2018, 08:56 AM »
Hi,

This my DL-18 (Moss Eisley Special) alike blaster pistol. It's made from a Nerf gun (Sharpfire, this: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/nerf/images/a/a5/Sharpfire.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150118051804) and I heavily modified it, so I'll like to know your thoughts. As I removed all the "Nerfie" elements and filled the holes, could it pass the approval?

Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net
Re: BlasTech DL-18 (Nerf Sharpfire mod)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:23 PM »
That handle still looks a little nerfie to me with the split, but the rest looks fine.

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2018, 01:34 PM »
That handle still looks a little nerfie to me with the split, but the rest looks fine.

Do you mean the bottom split line (last quarter of the grip)?

In add, I have a post on my website with more pics. Not sure about this self promotion links but is this (spanish): http://knsweb.net/wordpress/?p=2860

Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Love it! I'm tempted to do the same, can I ask what you used for the sight and the attachment under the barrel?

Kumo

• Sh'ehn Taab
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:19 PM »
Love it! I'm tempted to do the same, can I ask what you used for the sight and the attachment under the barrel?

Yeah, sure, vod.

The attachment is a part from the Nerf's own barrel extension, just cutted and fitted upside-down (like in the original blaster  ;D ) . You'll need some thin plasticard to make a 8 ring around the attachment and barrel.

The sight is basically a thin plastic pipe for the body and a square resin block to mount it over the pump. And for the ends I used a plastic knob in the rear and  for the front a disc shaped thingy I had lying around with a pointy bit from an electronic connector. Add some spare parts as greebles and done.

You have more pics in my web (in my signature) it's in Spanish but don't hesitate to ask here what you need.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:23 PM by Kumo » Logged
Ore wa Kumo da!

knsweb.net
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 04:02 PM »
Very helpful, thanks vod! I'll post my own WIP one later, it's about halfway done.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!