Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Types of gauntlet and armor accessories/tools

• 1 Replies
Types of gauntlet and armor accessories/tools
« on: Jul 07, 2018, 08:51 PM »
Looking for oddball ideas here.  Initially I was going to go with the typical flamethrower or rocket launcher, but I think I'd be too tempted to make them actually function and that's probably a no-no.

I commented in a post here regarding a gauntlet mounted, retractable shield (something like these https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/5a/d6/e55ad645ddc7803cf1a0f248813ed2ab.jpg ) and I think that would be a great option if I can get it to work.  Still need something for the other arm though.

One thing I've considered is that, in SW:TOR, bounty hunters (specifically powertech bounty hunters) have wrist mounted cryo-emitters to carbon freeze enemies, which essentially work like flamethrowers but shoot ice instead.  That seems like it could be simple enough to do with a liquid CO2 cartridge in the gauntlet, or even a larger one hidden in the backpack or jetpack with a hose going to the gauntlet (where a valve/switch could be used to operate it).  The effect would essentially be a blast of frozen vapor, something like the C02 cannon this guy made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C40DFB9_0Z0

Other options might be some kind of grappling/wire device, or a retractable blade which could go pretty nicely with that shield for anti-jedi combat.  Any thoughts?

Shiny.  Let's be bad guys.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Types of gauntlet and armor accessories/tools
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2018, 10:11 PM »
Realize that we require NERF guns to be deactivated (springs removed) to be included on a kit, and any retractable blades must be manually operated only (no springs, no servos, fingers only).  Think about how your concepts fit into that safety standard. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!