Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jacq's Nerf-mod sniper rifle

• 21 Replies
Jacq's Nerf-mod sniper rifle
« on: Apr 21, 2018, 05:08 AM »
Hi all.

This is a continuation of this thread
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147953.msg1846518#msg1846518

As a quick header, here's what I've got

And what I'm going for

So, here's where I'm at so far...

Cutting bits out to make way for the new barrel

I'm taking inspiration from Ryi'nock's build (see previous thread) and side mounting the magazine, hence the hole cut in the left piece of the pistol part

With new barrel in place and scope number one in place but I'm still waiting on a rail mount for it

More to come soon...

Mik'skaa Vok'chi

• Not compensating! just a bad shot!!!
  • Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Jacq's Nerf-mod sniper rifle
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2018, 01:48 AM »
Its a good start, Personnally i like a bit more hack n slash so they are totally unrecognisable. But will wait and see where you are going  ;D

« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2018, 05:04 AM »
Its a good start, Personnally i like a bit more hack n slash so they are totally unrecognisable. But will wait and see where you are going  ;D

Thanks vod! We'll see.  My plan for it keeps changing slightly over time.

« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2018, 08:49 AM »
Did a bit more this week.

Fixed the stock to the pistol with a couple of binding screws and plastic spacers. I'm going to use "plumbers weld" contact adhesive to glue it together once I'm ready for that stage.  This it just to give extra strength to it

Also got my new scope rail. Had to cut even more out of the pistol housing to get the barrel to fit properly though. I'll see what I can do to patch that up later.

Next jobs are to: glue the magazine slot to the side; figure out what I'm doing with the end of the barrel; decide what I'm doing with the stock as i might cut more off it; and, figure out how I'm going to fix the barrel to the body... ;D

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 05:22 PM »
OK! More progress!

More scope parts arrived...

I made a second scope out of plumbing

And it started to break where I'd cut the body too much... :'(

...but I think I fixed it  :-X

It's a lot stronger now!

I also started cutting out some bits to seal gaps with. I'll glue all this in place once I'm happy that it'll stay together without.

Ciao for now!

Torolf Goran

• Take what you can, give nothing back.
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Nice work so far. One thing that really screams Nerf is the dart holders on the top of the stock. Something will need to be done with them.

Bes'uliik Clan - Arkansas   OM #1545  
Brigade Member - Striker Division, Privateer / Heavy Melee
501st Diamond Garrison - TA 15450
M.M.R.S. - 001 (founder), W.B. - 003, QMU - 055, L.O.B. - 015, O.S.B.A. - 004, B.o.B.B. - 015, N.O.S. - 018

If you're new to the club and in Arkansas go here.
Official Invasions: 18
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Thanks!

Don't worry vod,  all of those and the other 'details' of the original rifle will be covered and filled. ;)

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 08:51 PM »
Was just about to suggest making a cheek rest from Sintra to cover those. ;D

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 02:42 AM »
Was just about to suggest making a cheek rest from Sintra to cover those. ;D

That's exactly what I plan to do!  ;D

Great minds!

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 02:29 PM »
Today's progress started by gluing a narrower pipe inside my existing barrel

"Why?" You ask...
So I've got a bit more length on the barrel ready for when I put some Chicago/ binding screws through the body to secure the barrel in place

I've also finally glued the magazine attachment to the side

Jaryn Solus

• Sometimes it's better to think rather than speak
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 03:59 PM »
Looking good :) Need to get mine out and finish it off!

Owner of Cabiris Workshop - Custom and Bespoke 3D printed accessories
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=155271.0

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Impressive.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Akron Hax

• If you don't fail, you aren't trying.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 08:16 PM »
Impressive work. Having done a Nerf Mod myself it's even more impressive. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Akron Hax
MMCC# 2061

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Nice job. 

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 07:21 PM »
Thanks vode!

Here's today's update.

I drilled some holes for the long binding screws I've got to secure the barrel.

I've also cut some grooves out of a bit of pipe so is can sit on top of the screws

Then I cut said pipe to reasonable length

The plan with the thinner pipe is for it to be visible right through the outer barrel, as below (see the grey pipe), hence pinning it down with the screws.

(Fun fact: when you cut that white pipe with a dremel it turns into a fine powder that goes EVERYWHERE.)

That's all I got time for today folks, I'm about to go to bed after watching Deadpool 2 :P

« Reply #15 on: Jun 02, 2018, 10:02 AM »
So it's been a little while...

I've been deciding what to do with the end of the barrel

And I've started cutting through the barrel

It was around this point my fake dremel stopped working so I've had to buy a new one.

faol

« Reply #16 on: Jun 02, 2018, 12:50 PM »
I moment of silence for the brave dremel  :porg1: but your work is seriously looking very snazzy, Jate vod!  :like:

"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."-- Sun Tzu

Straka Zulu

« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Went and bought a Craftsman one, mostly because my Harbor Freight one kept telling me "Nnnnnnnoo, nnnnnnnnoo."

« Reply #18 on: Jun 10, 2018, 04:33 PM »
Went and bought a Craftsman one, mostly because my Harbor Freight one kept telling me "Nnnnnnnoo, nnnnnnnnoo."

Haha yeah mine was similar...

I moment of silence for the brave dremel  :porg1: but your work is seriously looking very snazzy, Jate vod!  :like:
:like: Cheers vod!

More to come! I just haven't got round to uploading it yet  ;D

« Reply #19 on: Jun 25, 2018, 03:08 PM »
Evening vode.

I decided I was going to do some more on this rifle today and then this happened...

Apparently it got too hot...
I'm not having much luck with this rotary stuff!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!