Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Is this a valid Modern/Legacy helmet design?

• 1 Replies
I have a question about:

I've been working on this design for most of the past 6-8 months, taking feedback form various members. As it stands now, is it a valid Modern era helmet? If not, what can be done to bring it in line?

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
Re: Question - Is this a valid Modern/Legacy helmet design?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Legacy is a subset of modern, as such, if this fits modern, it fits Legacy.

Main features of a modern helmet are thus:  T shape visor, front brow, rear brow band, keyslots, cheeks indented, ears in some form (RF are optional).
You can adjust a few of these without losing the modern look - the smaller the parts the more you can change. You can also add to a helmet - but it is then suggested that you start from a full base so you do not end up too far away from Mandalorian or modern.

If you look at most canon helmets they follow the same pattern of just changing one or two aspects but keeping the rest there.

As such, I see no reason why this is not a perfectly acceptable modern helmet. The rear brow band has been dropped which is a minor change. And potentially no keyslots, which again is a minor change if they have been left out.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2018, 06:51 AM by Kris Jasra » Logged
Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!