Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Macs Helmet, finally

• 12 Replies

Sgtmac

• Peace through superior firepower...
Macs Helmet, finally
« on: May 01, 2018, 07:38 PM »
SO after waiting a while, nad begging the house boss, she let me get a helmet with our tax money.  IM still hoping the original deal with someone else comes through, but if not, I cna still move forward.  So what I have is an April Storm Drop Bear sized XL
first sanding nad primered

Im uisng the old 3/4 inch military helmet pads i have leftover from my soldier days, the domes a bit shallow, so I need a rag or very thin pad up there.  AND this helmet awesomely came with helmet fans installed(added cost). 

To finish up, I want to get the voice amp and hearing aid things.  Do they come as a set?  The paint job plan is same greens nad greys as my armor.  I asked a visor question on 2 FB groups, and they pointed me to the visor or close enough I need.  So it will have purple or red visor to contrast, and im planning on trying to paint hte classic Shark/Tiger face across the lower mandible.

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: Macs Helmet, finally
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 02:02 PM »
Glad to see you moving forward, Sarge! The helmet looks great.

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Gunslinger - Special Weapons Brigade
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Sgtmac

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:51 AM »
this thing is awesome, 3d printed in ABS, and has a feel to it that makes me think I could take it into a fight,  Its solid.  Hard as hades to sand though.  im getting closer to done.  nice 4 year journey. 

Sgtmac

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2018, 07:10 PM »
And mostly finished, I may add Eyes above the brow band, im thinking of a plate across the lower to make a full mouth.  Internally still need a hearing aid and pa setup.  So what yall think? 

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
  • Awards Donated one quarter of 2023. Award for 10 official invasions. Special Weapons 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 25, 2018, 10:14 PM »
So far, so good, Sarge. Let's get that bad boy dirtied up!

May Hod Ha'ran guide my tongue, may Kad Ha'rangir guide my gun, and may Arasuum guide you to your final slumber.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Sgtmac

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2018, 05:59 PM »
I dont have a pic for on here yet, im lazy, but I went iwth the cleaned up armor look, but you can see repair patches over damage on the armor, and a few new fresh hits.  Im gonna let life mess it up.  At least thats the plan.  Ill try to get a picture up here in a few.  ANd added, you can see the fresh damage. 

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2018, 01:15 PM »
Was i that other deal you mentioned? I’m having a hard time remembering who I had projects going for right now.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Anansi

• Ratiin Am Jate'Kara
« Reply #8 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:03 PM »
Just curious but how is your movement in that unified chest piece?

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Sgtmac

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2018, 06:12 AM »
Just curious but how is your movement in that unified chest piece?

Its actually pretty good.  I can actually go prone into a shooters position, but hte way i cut the backplate bringing the head up is a bit hard.  im a little wide for a full crossing of my arms.  But its compareable to the Improved Outer Tactical Vest body armor that I wore in Iraq in 09.  rull range of momement able to look up or down, take a knee, sit, im afraid the material would break, but cna probably even lay down on your back.  I tested it with a carboard cutout before I made the full size.  and the side flap are perfect to tuck the hands in over the stomach.  IM still stuck on the no hands in pockets curse. 

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Another thing to keep in mind is that, according to the CRLs:

If a Boba or Jango Fett ab plate is being used, the height of the plate must be approximately 1/2 the measurement of the width.

You'll need trim down your ab plate a bit, vod.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Sgtmac

« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2018, 02:58 AM »
Was i that other deal you mentioned? I’m having a hard time remembering who I had projects going for right now.

Hey Bowfanny, sorry it took me a bit to get to this, sorry Sir, youre clear.  When WV was still split between KY and PA, and we first started talk of forming, I ordered a set of light mando armor and helmet from TK2280 in August of 2014.  Literally right before something happened and he vanished.  I never received another communication from him over my stuff after he let me know he got the money.  He said it would take some time so i waited, at about 6 months i tried to get my money back via pay pal but it was too late.  I found out through others on here and constantly posting on his sales thread he had an issue, was going to try and make the armor, then sold his stuff to another longstanding member who also makes and sells stuff.  That guy knows of the issue nad has promised to kick me out the set i got screwed on when he can.  So im considering this set as my trial run, if i get approved awesome, if not, hopefully that other  set arrives, and I can take what i have learned, and make an approveable set.  All through this process, I contacted Mandalore, My local Clan leader who had gotten his armor from the same guy, and through my leadership, that guys people.  but nothing could be done.  I took a nosedive health wise and lost more ability and income, so its taken me this long to scrape together the savings to get a new helmet.  Most ofmy armor was from trades of blasters I made, and helping others.  The bucket, and to be honest depression are the biggest setbacks i have had.   ive never given up hope to make it as a member and at least do 3 troops a year.  I set an easy goal.  I only need to make pistol holsters, and my blades, sadly i cant do the vibros i wanted, I dont have the skill set for it.  got my gauntlets, and the awesome guy who made them is letting me pay as i can, got my knees about halfway, need to decide if im gonna wear scrubs or solid grey BDUs and then get the velcro on, and I think I have to remove the cargo pockets.   After the last 2 SW movies, I might be able to leave them as i saw characters with them on their uniforms.  i havent given up on making it, just going real slow and careful.  my girls are driving me a bit right now, we are making blasters nad they want armor and helmets.  and my Toddler has said he wants to be a Mandalorian. 

Bowfanny

• When in doubt, be kind.
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:32 AM »
Oya Vod.
Glad you’re back at any rate it sucks you got the short end of the stick on the original armor. I have faith that you’ll be able to make something yourself that’s perfectly approvable just so long as you’re building with the crls in mind. If needed I am always around to provide motivation and pointers towards interpreting the crls.

It is not who you are but the service you do for others that defines you.
QMU#084

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!