Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Solo blasters for kit

• 14 Replies

Jakor Sevdel

• Alderaan had it coming
Solo blasters for kit
« on: May 05, 2018, 09:50 PM »
So, currently looking into good blasters and such for my mando, and planning on using the new nerf blasters for chewie and Emilia Clarke's character in my kit. Any tips on customizing them? Thinking of turning the second on into the star wars equivilent of a sawed-off shotgun a la mad max.

"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we certainly can kill you."
―Ranah Teh Naast

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Solo blasters for kit
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 10:01 PM »
If you have pictures, that might help.

Other than that, sanding off the logos and other obviously Nerf elements, then gutting the internals so that they can no longer fire.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jakor Sevdel

• Alderaan had it coming
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Apologies, that's my first post so I'm still trying to get my bearings and figure out the interface.

"Here's why you can't exterminate us, aruetii. We're not huddled in one place—we span the galaxy. We need no lords or leaders—so you can't destroy our command. We can live without technology—so we can fight with our bare hands. We have no species or bloodline—so we can rebuild our ranks with others who want to join us. We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideas—but we certainly can kill you."
―Ranah Teh Naast

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 10:33 PM »
That's OK. There is a bit of a learning curve to posting pics on the forums.

Our Tech Officer, Thaxos, has a How-To Guide to help with that.

Good luck, and good hunting!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jakor Sevdel

• Alderaan had it coming
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 11:20 PM »
Thank you Vode for the advice, very helpful and simple.
Anyways, here's the pictures of the nerf blasters I plan on converting

Of course these will be (hopefully) in line with the group's polices on nerf blasters (though from what I understand the star wars branded blasters are a bit more lenient on modifications, requiring only removal of branding logos, screws, warnings, etc., but please correct me if I'm incorrect).

So the first I plan on holstering on my lower right leg, since it gave off the vibe of a double barrel sawed off shotgun and i like the mad max sort of idea for my mando.

The second probably will be an alternate main blaster but is nice to have all the same as two shotgun-esq blasters feels redundent, but hey you never know.

The third I plan on converting into a sniper rifle style blaster following a fellow tutorial on the forums here https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=145778.0

The only other weapons I plan on adding to my kit at this time (both of which shall be made from scratch or purchased) are a bowcaster (more of a trophy then a weapon),twin blasters based on Jyn Erso's from Rogue One, and a vibrodagger for melee combat and skinning hides for trophies. Trying to make a mando that's got gunslinger/mad max/desert hunter vibes.

So please, any advice and tips is greatly appricated on weapons and ways to improve.

Vode An

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:36 PM by Jakor Sevdel » Logged
―Ranah Teh Naast

Straka Zulu

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 05:16 PM »
You've covered most of the bases. The only other thing, aside from removing logos and filling screw holes, would be to deactivate them.  Basically, you want to make them incapable of firing the Nerf darts. You can do that by either filling in the barrels, or by removing the internals.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 09:19 AM »
^^ Yep. Also that Alphahawk mod is a pretty good tutorial to follow.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Baconboyrlz

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Sounds like you have a solid plan vod! Also, I'm super happy that my thread on converting a Nerf to an approved blaster is getting used! You dont need to follow what I have done exactly, have fun with it and make it your own. That is more of a guideline to show what has to be done to turn a nerf into an approvable weapon

Tra'cor Clan
OM #1962
M.L.C.S. #45
B.O.M.B. #90

Jakor Sevdel

• Alderaan had it coming
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 09:06 PM »
So, a bit of an update.
The scatter blaster (puns, I have them) prop is almost complete so here's a progress report.

So some things of note:
-It has been rendered nonfunctional (the trigger still moves with no tension since no spring, and the pump still pumps without the spring)
-I'm going to have to do something about the star wars logo on the side, I sanded that thing to oblivion and it still is a bit visible if you squint at it, probably put a trophy or kill marks on it, open to ideas
-Still have to fill in the screw holes, not sure how, advice? I'm thinking sculping putty/bondo but that might be overkill
-from what limited reference pictures I can find of this blaster in the movie, it does have a rail similar to nerf blaster holding the scope. However, i know it's policy here to not have the rail as it's noticable as a nerf blaster, so I'm at an impass. Any advice? Think i might used bondo or something to make it look a bit different

So yeah, that's blaster number one down, who knows how many weapons and things that go boom next.

―Ranah Teh Naast

Straka Zulu

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 01:13 AM »
Was told a while back that a superglue and baking soda mix works to fill screw holes.  Could also try just plain hot glue.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Hot glue works.  That's how I fill screw holes most of the time.  Wooden dowels and glazing putty do the trick too.  The dowels do most of the filling and the glazing putty just does the finish.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Hot glue works.  That's how I fill screw holes most of the time.  Wooden dowels and glazing putty do the trick too.  The dowels do most of the filling and the glazing putty just does the finish.

Well huh! Now there is an idea I might steal haha

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 10:14 AM »
I've been using wood filler putty to fill in screw holes. It's super easy to work with, sands like a dream, and it doesn't stink like bondo. It also works great for smoothing print lines.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Straka Zulu

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 12:15 PM »
DAP Plastic Wood?  Might have to give it a shot.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 12:23 PM »
Yup. This is what I've been using.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!