Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Youth WIP

• 19 Replies

DragonLady

• Kad'la Saldha of Fireteam Saldha
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions
Youth WIP
« on: May 17, 2018, 07:28 PM »
So, the first thing I heard from my daughters upon becoming official, " Yes! Now we can do our kits!"
First-
Heavy armor, executioner style bucket

Second,
-no pic- Wren style plates, bucket, different shades of purple

Third
Was a bit more creative! As the youngest, her thought was that her plates would be handed down. Standard bucket, light armor....this kit has already earned the nickname "skittles" 🤣

Sooo...scratch buckets are going to be the best for having so many different styles, and smaller sizing.
Lots to do, but coming together!

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2018, 12:50 AM by DragonLady » Logged
MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23
WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144303.0

Keely

• Cora Bla'or | Head Traffic Cone
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: Dragon ade WIP
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Looks like your oldest will fit in with the Traffic Cone Brigade! Love it!

Traffic Cones #1 | N.O.S. #19 | O.A.S. | G.O.M.O.L. #29 | M5 #92 | K.O.V.A | M.V.S. #96 | Xeno #4
 FB | IG | Website | Twitter | Invasions: 27

DragonLady

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Thats what Rugby said too! She's going for red/black/grey, just happens to look orange 😅

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:42 PM »
Love that you're taking on 3 simultaneous scratch builds :) Keely's son's bucket was one of my attempts that wound up being too small.

DragonLady

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Love that you're taking on 3 simultaneous scratch builds :) Keely's son's bucket was one of my attempts that wound up being too small.
Errm, a wee bit more on the crazy side...three builds, three completely different styles...and three different sizes. On the plus side they are very involved too!  Power tools and all!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 10:42 PM »
Very, very cool.  I'll enjoy tagging along for this ride.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

DragonLady

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 01:48 AM »
So its been a busy few days! 

Itty bitty neck seal for Ran'kal

Arming vest, loincloth, kama for Ran'kal

Buckets for Ran'kal (t-visor) and Me'suum'ika (wren style)

Bucket for Ta'laar

Plates are cut and mostly shaped, some more shaping tomorrow. Then to painting!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 10:26 AM »
That looks like 3 top knotch scratch builds in progress :) You're great at cheeks!

DragonLady

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 08:49 PM »
That looks like 3 top knotch scratch builds in progress :) You're great at cheeks!

Thank you!  The cheeks were my favorite part! They took a 2D bucket and just gave it the extra 'Hey, these are mando helmets!' look.  They are so excited, there is a Con coming up this week,  so Rett is doing a  quick coat of paint so they are wearable, but  there is a LOT of fine tuning and detailing needed to get them ready for app. Definitely getting there!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

DragonLady

« Reply #9 on: Jun 04, 2018, 12:07 AM »
Finally somewhat recovered from the Con, but here is a (very very very) rough peek of our ade kits. 

(Taken by the very talented skittle wrangler, Evan.)

There is still so much work to be done yet, but they had so much fun!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2018, 08:51 PM »
That is an awesome picture!  I can't wait to see more.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

DragonLady

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2018, 10:36 PM »
That is an awesome picture!  I can't wait to see more.

Thank you Havelock! We had  family vacation, so a little break, but getting back to it now we are home!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

Sep Ho'ban

« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2018, 10:42 PM »
Great work on those buckets! (the rest of the kits too!)

DragonLady

« Reply #13 on: Aug 04, 2018, 09:02 PM »
Thank you!  We are just waiting for the temps to settle a little bit cooler so we can get them finished up. They are really rough right now, but its just a little sanding/painting/ touchups, and weathering and will be good to go!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

DragonLady

Re: Youth WIP
« Reply #14 on: Sep 07, 2018, 12:58 AM »
Akkk...let it go a bit longer than intended. We are steadily re-finishing the girls kits.
Re-doing the weathering, and filling gaps.

Received earcaps/ Rangefinders and antennas, having to chop a little to fit the smaller buckets

One backplate shaped and shortened to fit

And the other backplate shortened and shaped! Ran'kal's armor plates are so teeny!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

DragonLady

« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2018, 05:34 PM »
Bucket 2.0 for Ran'kal.
The original one was just a little too small. This one fits much better!
On a side note, we got scratch bucket builds down pretty well!  :like:

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

myriot

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 50 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity
« Reply #16 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:18 PM »
You're doing a great job! Those buckets are great! I wish I had the skill to make my own but oh well  :) I was scrolling through looking at your progress and didn't realize it was you and the kids lol. I was there for Phoenix Fan Fest and the photo op as well. I was like "hey I recognize that pic and that family lol" Small world!

Definetly going to keep on the your progress, can't wait to see what you do next.

*Kebii'tra Kematr'kipa*
CAT# 1069  Vhe'rang Clan NM/West Texas SC
Vhe'rang Clan Alor'ad 2015-2022
Education Team 2018-2022
Supply Team 2018-2022
App Team 2018-2022
Public Realtions XO 2018-2021
Order of Ori'Ramikad 2018
Rally Master 2022
G.O.M.O.L # 037 Mandalorian Cavalry #10 M.A.R.S.

DragonLady

« Reply #17 on: Sep 13, 2018, 12:29 AM »
You're doing a great job! Those buckets are great! I wish I had the skill to make my own but oh well  :) I was scrolling through looking at your progress and didn't realize it was you and the kids lol. I was there for Phoenix Fan Fest and the photo op as well. I was like "hey I recognize that pic and that family lol" Small world!

Definetly going to keep on the your progress, can't wait to see what you do next.

Oh hey! Yes it is a small world!  We had so much fun at Phoenix.

Thank you much! It is a bit of joint builds for the buckets. Rugby does the cutting of hard hat/buckets, and I use helmet templates and cut out the underlayer/face/bands out of the buckets. Rugby rivets underlayer  to hard hat, glues the face/band all together then I put in the cheek plates and cut out visor/small details.   It is nowhere near the quality of a cast resin bucket, but for growing girls, these were certainly the least costly option as replacement is two 5gal buckets,  a hard hat from a thrift store, and a few hours of work!

Started painting ....Ta'laar said it looks like a chef now!

And the red! Next is to attach range finder, earcaps, and antennas. then to work on re-hauling the body armor.

Blocking out a base shape for westar-ish pistols for Me'suum'ika

« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 12:36 AM by DragonLady » Logged
MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

DragonLady

« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2018, 12:38 AM »
Armor is coming along nicely!

A little test run of re-hauled verd'ika kits!

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

DragonLady

« Reply #19 on: Oct 28, 2018, 12:47 AM »
We are continuing to work on the Verd'ika's kits at every oportunity!

Ta'laar now has a small half cape, Ran'kal has different sash and girth belt (yes, her plates were allll jacked up, re-fastening is definitely on the list!), and Me'suum'ika has a girth belt!
(Ta'laar was using my electro staff as she had an ankle injury. She enjoyed it so much, I think she needs one of her own )

Also, adding Verd'ika battalion badges to right shoulders! Frame and lettering is done, next is hand-painting the critters.

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!