Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Orange Safety Caps

• 4 Replies
Orange Safety Caps
« on: Apr 28, 2018, 08:53 PM »
I'll be attending Comicpalooza this year and I read the safety rules and they state that all prop firearms must have an orange safety tip. What would I use for adding a temporary tip/cap to the end of my props for the convention?

You can run, but you'll only die tired.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Orange Safety Caps
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2018, 02:09 AM »
Well, you could use some orange tape, like Duck tape. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Depends on the muzzle size, but you could use a gatorade bottle cap.  Those are orange, and about the size of the muzzles on some of my blasters.

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #3 on: Apr 29, 2018, 08:42 AM »
A small orange balloon can slip over the end of most prop blasters and this won't damage the paint job. I carry a pack in my bin for the reason along with a roll of orange electrical tape.
Most of the cons I have been to will also place zip ties through the trigger guard and give you a wrist band.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27

Dekan Korr

• Hold my blue milk
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work Celebration Chicago
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42 AM »
If you have access to a 3d printer, and can mod your weapons a bit, you could print new barrels in orange and swap them out. I use magnets to hold mine in place. Both of my Westars have both a "normal" barrel and an orange one. Eliminates the risk of tape jacking up the paint job.

Or just print caps for your existing barrels and secure them with something relatively safe for paint like blue tac.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 10:45 AM by Dekan Korr » Logged
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing. By orders of magnitude. || Thingiverse

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!