Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build

• 112 Replies

Bat Akaan

• Awards EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: First build
« Reply #90 on: Feb 25, 2019, 02:34 PM »
Ruug’la, I love the build and all the attention to detail. Amazing job! I am also glad to see that the microbino model is still being used. I am thinking about updating the model and possibly making a monocular similar to the bino’s. Keep up the great work and I look forward o seeing your kit in Brigades.

Bat Akaan (AKA 11b30b4)

Cabur Akaata #128 | Oribru Akaata #29 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #152 | M.V.S. #69 | OM #2001 | Naast #2001 | BM #260
Main WIP|Sniper WIP|Executioner WIP nos planto faecem venio

Ruug'la Tal

• aka...BatMando
« Reply #91 on: Mar 01, 2019, 06:32 PM »
Update...
Knees...

Straps and velcro hold them in place.

Also got my loincloth done...
Front...

wanted it to look like its a repurposed item,
Back...

Really like the textured fabric...

Progress so far...

I know the plates are crooked, lol...they aren't attached properly yet.
Got an AP next weekend...hope to be ready for pics then...i hope.

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #92 on: Mar 01, 2019, 06:53 PM »
Looks great! The loin cloth is a bit wide as is. Some suggestions I would recommend would be to either narrow the width to where it's about as wide as your loin trauma plates or you could narrow and shape the loin to follow the shape of said trauma plates.

This next one isn't a CRL violation, more a suggestion. I would recommend shortening the loin to come above your knees as well. Best of luck with the rest of your build!  :mcq1:

« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2019, 04:42 PM by Kol Var'Das » Logged

shevla kal

• Eyes behind the lines
  • Awards Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #93 on: Mar 02, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Absolutely loving this build!! Keep it up!!

Cabur Akaata #159 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #? | M.M.R.S. # 38 | Grey Brigade #44 | M.V.S. #88 | OM #2207 | Naast #2207 | BM #302?
Main WIP|Recon WIP| In Orbe Terrum Non Visi

Ruug'la Tal

• aka...BatMando
« Reply #94 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Looks great! The loin cloth is a bit wide as is. Some suggestions I would recommend would be to either narrow the width to where it's about as wide as your loin trauma plates or you could narrow and shape the loin to follow the shape of said trauma plates.

This next one isn't a CRL violation, more a suggestion. I would recommend shortening the loin to come above your knees as well. Best of luck with the rest of your build!  :mcq1:

Loin shortened and narrowed...

Also have an update on armor...

Shins...

Cape...Not weathered yet.

Its attached with quick connect d-rings to lugs on my collar plate...

I can remove it in about 5 seconds for quick action...

As always feedback is appreciated, good or bad.
Hope to start app process soon.

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #95 on: Mar 04, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Awesome work! :boba:

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #96 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:38 AM »
95% of this kit is out of this world. My one piece I would wish to see improved is the loincloth/armored cod. I think it looks odd that the plates do not extend the length of the fabric or that the fabric isn't as narrow as the plates. (the latter makes more sense to me). The detail on the plates is wonderful.  :cookie: Also that material for the cape i've seen used only once before and it looks great in this application too.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
M.A.C.K#51 O.O.P.S#48 G.O.M.O.L#34 O.S.B.A. #08
P.W.S.#007 Mando Wraps#04 B.O.B.B#32

Shammah

• a.k.a. MikeRon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs Charity Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #97 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:52 PM »
Really appreciate all the little details you've put into this kit. I have to agree with Bryn though, there's something about the loin cloth and that may fix it. Other than that, get the new fabrics dirtied up and you're about done.

On a practical note, you may want to consider attaching your ammo belt to your girth somehow in the future. That would keep them aligned and looking good through a whole day of trooping without having to worry about it. ;)

I want to be a sniper now, the work begins!

MMCC # 1013
Cabur Akaata #38     M.A.B.E.L. #042... Perfect!
VRCA #067                 M.A.C.K. #43
M.A. #175
Sniper WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=90431.0

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #98 on: Mar 05, 2019, 11:41 PM »
The kit is looking amazing, I'm loving the detail! It does appear that the torso plates will need some trimming for spacing overall. The chest plates and diamond appear a bit crowded, but it looks like they might need a bit of a trim all around.

Getting close vod!  :mcq1:

Ruug'la Tal

• aka...BatMando
« Reply #99 on: Mar 10, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Got an update addressing issues that have been dealt with...
95% of this kit is out of this world. My one piece I would wish to see improved is the loincloth/armored cod. I think it looks odd that the plates do not extend the length of the fabric or that the fabric isn't as narrow as the plates. (the latter makes more sense to me).
Loin cloth redone, looks much more like a finished piece now. I do agree that the narrowing of it was needed.

On a practical note, you may want to consider attaching your ammo belt to your girth somehow in the future. That would keep them aligned and looking good through a whole day of trooping without having to worry about it. ;)
I now have velcro on the inside of my ammo belt that holds onto my girth belt to address movement.
The kit is looking amazing, I'm loving the detail! It does appear that the torso plates will need some trimming for spacing overall. The chest plates and diamond appear a bit crowded, but it looks like they might need a bit of a trim all around.
Trimmed and permanently set snaps for proper spacing of plates.

Hope I have corrected concerns. Thanks for the constructive feedbacks Vods.

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #100 on: Mar 11, 2019, 08:46 AM »
So much difference such a small change can make. I cannot wait to see this kit come through OM.

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
M.A.C.K#51 O.O.P.S#48 G.O.M.O.L#34 O.S.B.A. #08
P.W.S.#007 Mando Wraps#04 B.O.B.B#32

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #101 on: Mar 11, 2019, 01:14 PM »
MUCH better! :like: :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Carid Vhett

• M.A.#048. YNWA
  • Awards Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #102 on: Mar 11, 2019, 07:15 PM »
Awesome stuff vod.

I understand, no prisoners, only trophies
Death is always smiling at you, it is only polite to smile back.
Mhi kisol, mhi briikase kisol, mhi tsad be vode.
Keep Moving Forwards - Monty Oum

Ruug'la Tal

• aka...BatMando
« Reply #103 on: Mar 18, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Last update...
gauntlets are done.

These were the final piece of the puzzle...
time to grab the clan and get some pre app pics,
ill post them here to for anyone curious for the final look.
thanks for all the help everyone.

aforklikeutensil

• Porgiatrician
« Reply #104 on: Mar 21, 2019, 11:40 PM »
Yeah, we need to get your pre-app pics done.  Like right meow.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!