Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Roman inspired WIP

• 4 Replies

squeaksb14

• Your capture is mine
Roman inspired WIP
« on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:11 PM »
hey fellow mercs!

I figured its time for me to start my WIP thread,even though it might not seem like much im all for help ANY of you can provide with helping me through this as this is my first kit. And although my local clan (Hett'ciri) has been very helpful its good to get a new set of eyes on it!

I'll try to keep this short but dont want to miss any details either!

My kit is inspired from a roman centurion. Modern era ( was thinking legacy as it might suite that look better but that can always be next kit) My colour schemes will be as is; Silver/gunmetal base, followed by the Hammered copper look provided by User Samurai mom ( http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147791.0)  And then followed by a somewhat dark red accents such as the ancient Greece romans.

this is my mandomaker I did months ago, and although it was done months ago and i couldnt get the look ANYWHERE what i was aiming at due to options on colours and such this gives you an idea. the yellow should be more like copper  :P   

second step I did is picked up some sintra, got my templates cut out to my size and checked at my armor party that they will fit me right by making a cardboard template before cutting into sintra. the following pictures go in order from the start to the final product besides a bit more sanding and what not!

I still have the rest of the armour to do as im still figuring out a unique back armour template and waiting for a little bit more free time before cutting everything else out as well!
OH and second note ive seen these from a user on here( cannot remember for the life of me) but plan on using something similar to this for the shoulder pads as they have a more unique look for a roman

second off is the helmet. Got this from user Droodles. He was awesome help and I just received my bucket today. I already have a paint scheme planned but cant seem to find any good enough free programs to spend some time and try and show the schemes. I will see what I can do in those regards! 

Im currently in the process of re-doing an old leather flak vest off a fellow merc. will post pictures next armour party when it is done and can receive it! 

The next step will be into looking for a flight suit, getting the remaining plates cut out next weekend, formed to me and put onto the flak vest and check spacing and size ! will post pictures of everthing as it happens ,dont worry!

mando trophy !

I know it doesnt seem like much, but need to start somewhere right! stay tuned and I would love the feedback,comments,ideas or anything! im all ears.

if your curious to know anything about it dont be shy as there is SO much more I can write up about ideas and such but that will all be posted as it happens.

thanks for looking  :D

Nelson , BC

Modern Era Roman WIP link ;
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=154770.0

squeaksb14

• Your capture is mine
Re: Roman inspired WIP
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Figured id add this aswell. just a rough idea on the concept. Again, hard to get that copper color and since my computer is only running windows 7 and is ancient this will do LOL.

Ear pieces will also bed red as well as the keyslots that will be added in the back. just the majority of the main portion will be solid copper . Makes sense?  :laugh:

Nelson , BC

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Sounds really cool, I like the idea of the Roman-inspired armor, I'm excited to see where this will go!

squeaksb14

• Your capture is mine
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Sounds really cool, I like the idea of the Roman-inspired armor, I'm excited to see where this will go!

Hey thanks for the interest ! I’m at that stage right now where I’m waiting a few weeks to get help to form the pieces. I’m also putting in an order this Friday for a red cape, red cotton girth belt and a black neck seal. Won’t have those for upto 10 weeks though.
Keep posted , should have armour, helmet and vest done and ready to paint and primer In a few week time 👍

Nelson , BC

squeaksb14

• Your capture is mine
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2018, 12:26 PM »
Just a quick updated. Finished sanding down the helmet , cutting the Cod and shoulders and forming them all.
I also did a quick primer layer to see if there were and issues or lines through the paint.
Also received my jump suite.

Soft goods should be arriving inside of a month !

Nelson , BC

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!