Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build

• 4 Replies
First build
« on: Jun 09, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Hellow everybody. I started my costume and I want  your opinion about chest plates and it size.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: First build
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Where's you're belly button? At a glance, it looks like you need to cut about 3-4 inches off the bottom of the ab plate. It should end an inch or so above your belly button if you want to have some mobility, and room for your waist items. Otherwise they turn into hip items.   If it's ending in the right place, probably need to lengthen the chest plates instead as right now it's in violation of:

If a Boba or Jango Fett ab plate is being used, the height of the plate must be approximately 1/2 the measurement of the width.

from the CRL's.

width looks about right.  Softgoods look pretty good :)

« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2018, 02:34 PM »
Make some changes. My belly button is under yellow mark. And i have question how widht must be girthbelt and cant i knit it.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2018, 05:01 PM »
Wide enough to go from the bottom of your ab plate to the top of your hips.

As for knitting it... maybe... could you do like an inch or so of what you have in mind and post a pic?  If you're planning to use normal yarn, I don't think it will work, but I wove my girthbelt out of paracord.

« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2018, 04:32 AM »
Yes i think to make it out of paracord.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!