Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First bucket - April Storm Dropbear Build

• 0 Replies
First bucket - April Storm Dropbear Build
« on: Aug 26, 2019, 08:11 AM »
My order on a Dropbear finally came in through the mail, and I had to run off to fix the visor etc to see how it looks.

As this is my first build I wanted to get a solid base to build from, and learning as I go. Because of this I ordered a preassembled raw cast.
The goal of my helmet is to get a result similar to this:

As I just received the helmet, I took some pictures of how it looks now, to get a semblance of the progress etc.

My first impression is that the helmet is SOLID, they've printed it with good thickness and very flexible materials, which gives it some heft without being too heavy while on my head. I'm not really afraid of damaging this.
Going over it, there is a bit of work to be done to it before I can start on the finish, with some areas that have "lips" etc needing sanding.

The inside also needs a bit of work, specially on fitting it to my head, as it moves a bit while I walk around. Stealing some padding from a military helmet I have might help me out a bit. I also need to figure out how to fasten the visor in a permanent way as the top of the T is loose at the moment. I also ordered it with 2 preinstalled fans that require a small powerbank to function, something I need to find a home for at the same time.

I might end up 3d printing a new backpiece to go over the vent that is there now as I don't like the design that much, but I will have to come back to that at some point after I receive my 3d printer.

The one I ordered was Med/Large in size, and it feels kinda big, but I will work with it as it is now, before looking into maybe getting a slightly smaller one.
Overall really happy with it so far, so it's going to be fun seeing what I can make out of it over time.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!