Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Newbie from Vancouver Island!

• 7 Replies
Newbie from Vancouver Island!
« on: Jun 20, 2018, 05:17 PM »
Hey Folks!
I made the Introduction post on the main area but here it is again!

Vancouver Island based prop maker. I started building about 10 years ago and had my focus mainly in superhero related costumes. Recently I started building a SWTOR Powertech Helmet and after meeting a few of the Mando here with the Wasu'ran Clan I thought it would be neat if the build fit in with the club!
Ill be popping up a WIP thread soon and am hoping to get feedback as to what modification I should make to make approval and be able to invade with my fellow islanders!

Hope to hear from everyone!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Newbie from Vancouver Island!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20, 2018, 05:23 PM »
Welcome to the boards.   You have a great group out in the island.   

The PowerTech helmet is in an awkward spot and may not currently be approvable, as much of the KOTOR/TOR stuff is not, but we are happy to help however we can either with building that helmet or finding one that you like which can get you approved.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Zophar Ptay.
I started digging through the forums to see if anyone else was looked at the same piece as a potential and I found a thread that said that it might fall into late Crusade. I posted in the helmet section asking if thats a thing.

Regardless, I'm having fun with it :)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2018, 10:30 AM »
That's a good place to ask, you'll get more eyes from the people who make those decisions, and good outlook.  As I mentioned: whatever They decide, if you choose to still build it, I'll be happy to help however I can.  Out of curiosity, is the goal specifically to build that costume, or to join the Mercs?   If they decide it isn't going to fly, are you still interested in making an approvable one after that?

Late Crusader WIP

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Welcome!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21, 2018, 12:08 PM »
That's a good place to ask, you'll get more eyes from the people who make those decisions, and good outlook.  As I mentioned: whatever They decide, if you choose to still build it, I'll be happy to help however I can.  Out of curiosity, is the goal specifically to build that costume, or to join the Mercs?   If they decide it isn't going to fly, are you still interested in making an approvable one after that?

I will build the helmet regardless (as its basically just clean up at this point). But I wouldn't be opposed to building something more in line :)

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
« Reply #6 on: Jun 21, 2018, 12:44 PM »
Sounds good.  If you are finishing the helmet either way, be sure to post pics.   I love to see what other people build

Late Crusader WIP

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2018, 02:56 PM »
Sounds good.  If you are finishing the helmet either way, be sure to post pics.   I love to see what other people build

I'll start a thread :)

« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2018, 04:40 PM by Panzer_Elite » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!