Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Helmet drawings

• 5 Replies

MandoMerc

• There’s nothing like the thrill of the Hunt!
Helmet drawings
« on: Jun 22, 2018, 06:25 PM »

This is a mock up of a forest hunter design I want to do for my first kit. This is the first part I want to make. Just want some input from y’all.

Dead or Alive? Man or Beast? Doesn’t matter as long as the pay is good.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Helmet drawings
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Looks good.  I like that you went with 4 claw marks instead of the traditional 3 :)  maybe don't have them have the symmetrical taper though.

MandoMerc

« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Thanks! I’ve seen a lot of the three so figured I’d change it up. Do you think I should lengthen and shorten some?
I appreciate the feed back!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:18 PM »
I'd have the middle two be longer than the outer two, having had real-world experience with various clawed creatures.

Are you planning on just having these marks paint-deep, or were you going to make them carved into the bucket?

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

MandoMerc

« Reply #4 on: Jun 29, 2018, 07:43 PM »
I wanted to just do paint deep. Just to the “bare” metal. Since Mando armor was supposed to be able to stop lightsabers so I doubt an animal could lol but I could be wrong I can’t remember if it was just older armor or all the Mando armor

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jun 29, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Some Mando Armor is durasteel, some is actual Beskar. 

But re: stop -- bullet proof vests STOP bullets, but they don't look unharmed afterward.

Either way is fine tho.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!