Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Pilot kit WIP

• 78 Replies
Re: Pilot kit WIP
« Reply #75 on: Sep 27, 2017, 07:29 PM »
Did some redesigning on the chest box.
Wasn't happy with the cuts I made on the first round.
Still need to add one more switch next to the switch already in place.
(red dot in center) Need to drill holes where the 3 washers are under the mock switches for some LED's.
Then I need to figure out a decoration to place on right side just to make it a little less symmetrical.
Last, I need to glue the top two details on the left side to the cap and drill a hole on right side for the volume control knob. (For the hearing amp that will be hidden, with mini-mics, in the chest box. The knob is the metal piece on top right. It's a belt Polley for a 3d printer that I modified to be a knob.)
Then it will be ready for paint.

I also added led lights to my Comm badge with blink sequences controlled by an ARDUINO NANO. Had to learn some basic programming. Man. That was a lot of painful trial and error.
With I could post the video but IMGUR doesn't do video. :(

Finally gave up on getting the wife to ever finish my vest. Decided it's time to write off the materials I bought, go have measurements taken and order one if Aria's vests.
In the meantime I'll have to find someplace I can have the coveralls I bought tailored for a better fit.
While those are being done I'll finish my right gauntlet.
As soon as the vest arrives I'll do finale armor shaping and spray some paint!
I started this 3 years ago and I can't wait to complete it!

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017, 06:37 PM by DeSan Kett » Logged
« Reply #76 on: Nov 01, 2018, 01:40 PM »
This WIP isnt dead. Progress has just been slow because of my work hours for the last couple years. But I will finish it one day!

I've been finishing up my helmet.
I've found a way to comply with the rule of having hoses attached to the helmet in a way I find pleasing and safe.
It just needs some filler around the hose connectors on helmet then it's ready for paint.
The hoses will attach with magnets so I can easily disconnect them when I take off the helmet.

« Reply #77 on: Nov 01, 2018, 05:59 PM »
Your bucket is looking good, I like it 👌🏻Pretty cool looking ears too vod. Your other gear looks good to, I like the control box

Kol Var'Das

• Beanpole
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #78 on: Nov 01, 2018, 07:40 PM »
Everything looks sooooo good! So well done!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!