Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jacq's NN-14 Blaster and knife

• 3 Replies
Jacq's NN-14 Blaster and knife
« on: Jul 12, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Vode!

So I got distracted...

I was meant to be making a sniper rifle (that's still happening, don't worry ;D) but I've ended up modifying another nerf gun and making a knife.

As the knife is (relatively) straight forward I thought I'd club them together on this post.

Sorry if that's not the done thing.

And, sorry for this little teaser... it's late and I'm off to bed.  I just thought I'd get things started  :P

Night!

Re: Jacq's NN-14 Blaster and knife
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Right,  I'm back from a family bereavement and looking to get stuck in.

Here's my progess so far.

So I bought one of these for 12 quid on eBay but straight away I was disappointed at all the extra bits they've had to add so it functions as a nerf gun.

Dismantling

I glued 3 pieces of 5mm foamex together and outlined the main frame of the NERF

Cut off everything I felt was unnecessary

Tested the assembly

And transferred the pistol grip over

You might also notice here that there's a silver screw mount were the barrel should be. After watching Solo and finding out that Han's DL-44 can also be used as a rifle I thought it would be cool to do the same with this.

I've not figured out what I'm going to do with the stock yet but this will make it easier to have a replaceable barrel!

With a test barrel

That screw mount is from a hose pipe connector but had planned to use it in my sniper rifle so I went to b&q for another. Turns out they don't sell this exact one anymore but I found this one on the shelf... (I'm not even kidding it was just sat in amongst other fittings but i couldn't find any corresponding packaging and it was the only one there. I can only assume it was made up from pieces of different fittings. Anyway, it's mine now  :P)

I've also cut the trigger hole out,  leaving the centre a little proud so it feels like a trigger

(Side note: foamex really is soft i was going to make my armour out of this stuff but I'm not so sure now)

Now the knife
I had inspiration from something I found on Pinterest
What do you think? https://pin.it/sxwoofxu5goujo

So using that I just started cutting
And now I've got this

Jaryn Solus

• Sometimes it's better to think rather than speak
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events 40+ hrs of Charity Work 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 20, 2018, 08:15 AM »
Looks good :) Interested to see that blaster modded for a rifle!

A lot of us use 6mm foamex for the plates, it's easy enough to cut but once it's shaped it's pretty resilient if you look after it

Owner of Cabiris Workshop - Custom and Bespoke 3D printed accessories
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=155271.0
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2018, 07:42 AM »
Looks good :) Interested to see that blaster modded for a rifle!

A lot of us use 6mm foamex for the plates, it's easy enough to cut but once it's shaped it's pretty resilient if you look after it

Thanks Ner Vod.

I'll give it a go then!   :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!