Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armor, Wren style

• 24 Replies
First Armor, Wren style
« on: Jul 14, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Hello everybody! I'm a new recruit of the Red Fist Clan, and this is my first post with plans and current little progress.
I want to make the armor of the Wren Clan using their plate shape and colors.

I know that are no CRL on them yet, but I hope that I will still be able to use them, taking into account all the advice and instructions, that I can get.
At the moment I have:
A suit, two-tone as in the reference. It's hard to see on the photo in full growth, so I put the collage in addition.

Ammo belt with pouches and two holsters - genue leather, metal clasps, looks serious, I really like it. :)

Helmet, ready for painting.

Primary patterns of plates, while without a back, hands and feet.

Also I plan to use a leather kama, in colors Wren - yellow, gray, black maybe.
Now I sew a vest, after which I can already make a photo with patterns on myself.
Thank you in advance for any information and feedback!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: First Armor, Wren style
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2018, 12:12 PM »
You're off to an excellent start.  I'll be watching with a great deal of interest.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2018, 09:14 PM »
Йеей, армор по ребелсам :) Если нужны будут детальные фотки наручей - могу накинуть кучу рефов (у Бо в ребелсах такие же). Или могу сказать у кого есть хорошая 3д модель.
 :cookie:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2018, 09:34 PM »
I'll be watching this with interest.  The Rebels/Wren style is pretty cool.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2018, 05:23 AM »
Hey friends and thanks you all for a comments!
Some fresh progress: ready vest

First raw try:

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2023, 02:35 PM by Vasilina » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2018, 01:45 PM »
Your soft parts look absolutely amazing!  Your templates look to be correctly sized and space, which is quite an accomplishment using paper templates. Well done.  You're making excellent progress, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

DragonLady

• Kad'la Saldha of Fireteam Saldha
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Family events 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2018, 12:51 AM »
The templates look really good! It is definitely tought to figure out the sizing and spacing just right.

MMCC 2048
Shonare Vhekadla Clan 91
Cabur Akaata 142
O.O.P.S. 63
Vode Be Vhekad 23
WIP: https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=144303.0

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2018, 07:48 AM »
Just in case as I can't tell easily with black on black, but do bear in mind that the plates should not be longer than the vest. If they aren't then ignore me and carry on.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2023, 03:07 PM »
Hello everyone! It's been a long time since i updated this post, i'm sorry. However i'm still with my Clan and has been continue working on my kit.
I'm also has noticed that some old screenshots not working anymore, so i'm reuploaded them.
Now i wanna share my concept and some updates: i decided that my old chest plates not satisfied me anymore, so i'm made new one.

And not so long ago with help of my clanmate i manage to paint them and the helmet

Look is not final, i will add some weathering and maybe damage and will share photo here. And i'm almost finished cloak and soon could show it also.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 19, 2023, 12:01 PM »
Ого! Кого увидела на форуме!) Рада, что ты не забила на доспех) Прогресс хорош, так держать)

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19, 2023, 01:25 PM »
Ого! Кого увидела на форуме!) Рада, что ты не забила на доспех) Прогресс хорош, так держать)
Спасибо!  :<3:

« Reply #11 on: Apr 27, 2023, 03:32 PM »
Salutations everyone! Little update:
I finished the loin cloth and I intend to wear it with waist sash and belt with pouches and holsters (currently not there). I also took the pix of my suede cape with hood and my boots. Everything without weathering yet!
According to the legend my mando is beast tamer, specifically - varactyls, so yellow leather parts with reptile texture represents varactyl skin. And i also think of adding some feathers as decor in the future.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2023, 04:55 PM by Vasilina » Logged
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2023, 04:01 AM »
Your figure is so beautiful! Fits and suits this outfit very well. So beautiful!
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=156374.0basket random

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2023, 07:27 PM »
Having just finished, any advice for someone just begining?

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2023, 08:14 AM »
Your figure is so beautiful! Fits and suits this outfit very well. So beautiful!
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=156374.0basket random

Thank you for the compliment Heremer!

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2023, 08:25 AM »
Having just finished, any advice for someone just begining?

Hey, lareyes2718! I'm far from finished, but my advice would be find clan closest to your area through Clan Locator here on the forum, create a topic and start posting there. Begin with greetings and describing your plans and concept for your future mando and people will reply and guide you. Good luck!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2023, 05:52 AM »
Hello! Little update:
I didn't use masking technique on armor so i decided to paint scratches on top. I'm not overly happy whit the result, but i hope it will do.
First 2 photos - before, second 2 photos - after.

And later i added a layer of "dirt". Like i said before,  my character is beast trainer, mostly outdoor work, so it's a lot of a dust, mud, rain, wind and of course animal interaction.

These are the colors that I used:

My next step is attachments. I'm also remember that soft parts should have weathering consistent with the rest of the kit.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2023, 02:35 PM »
And fitting. Temporally without gloves, gauntlets and weathering on soft parts.

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2023, 07:17 PM »
Sweet Mercy! That's looking sharp.  :8):

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2023, 09:46 AM »
This is looking amazing!
How are you liking the flight suit/soft parts being more fitted? Rather than heavier fabric/looser? 

New Mando in training
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2023, 10:29 AM »
Sweet Mercy! That's looking sharp.  :8):

Thank you good sir!

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2023, 10:31 AM »
This is looking amazing!
How are you liking the flight suit/soft parts being more fitted? Rather than heavier fabric/looser?

Hey Sirflas and thank you!
It's my first kit so i really have nothing to compare :D
But these "Sabine style" flightsuites is pretty comfortable. 

« Reply #22 on: Aug 21, 2023, 06:56 AM »
Hello! Has some updates:

I painted and weather the gauntlets and westars (3d print both).

I also added weathering on my loin:

on my boots (some black for more depth and some brownish for dirt and earth effect):

on my vest and other soft parts:

« Reply #23 on: Aug 21, 2023, 06:58 AM »
And most important - i'm been able to attend convention in the past weekend with my clan and make pre-app pictures, which i will post below:

« Reply #24 on: Aug 21, 2023, 01:57 PM »
Awesome armor

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!