Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Hi!

• 5 Replies
Hi!
« on: Mar 15, 2021, 05:37 AM »
Hey All!
I am brand new to this whole thing! I don't have armour yet, and don't think I can build my own as I have no tools, or talent in that sort of thing, but really would love to buy some and be part of this!
Any suggestions where to buy from? Any tips on how to get acquainted with being part of the MMCC? Please tell me everything I need to do, and learn!!!

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:04 PM »
Hi Cacaryk.  Welcome to the forum. 

If you want to buy gear, there are plenty of folks willing to sell it to you, but you can do this.  Your best bet for a good cheap/easy balance would be to buy a helmet and make the rest.  You need a razorblade knife, a heat gun, sandpaper, and spraypaint.  Don't be intimidated, if you want to make it, we got your back.

One of the clan officers will likely be in touch shortly with info on the unofficial chat group where organizing a helmet purchase will be a little easier, but honestly, don't get scared off of making your own armor.  You can do it, and we can help.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2021, 01:53 PM »
Thank you! What material would I make it out of? Sintra? Just get it at like a home depot type thing?

Zophar Ptay

• Ba'buir'ika
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2021, 02:10 PM »
Most of us use Sintra, yeah.  Depending on where you live, Industrial Paint and Plastics has a few locations and they are great.  Otherwise any local sign shop should generally be happy to sell you some, or even have some scraps you can use.

Late Crusader WIP

If it aint broke, fix it till it is.

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2021, 07:39 PM »
Welcome!!

Wasu'ran Clan
MMCC#1851
V.O.T.S. #78

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2021, 11:01 PM »
Did you manage to get a hold of any sintra?

Wasu'ran Clan
MMCC#1851
V.O.T.S. #78

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!