Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Project: Mermando

• 29 Replies

cknight68

• The Phantom of Kamino and Manaan King
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work
Project: Mermando
« on: Sep 26, 2018, 03:48 PM »
As of the current moment my armor is done, and App pics have been submitted. My goal is to become one of the first Aquatic Beast Tamers. I know this kit may not compare to some of the other awesome kits out there, but I thought id do something new especially for my second kit. My first approved kit is now an official Recon Mando through the Striker Division.

Some updated pics from recent shoots

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2019, 12:07 PM by cknight68 » Logged

Caleb Knight
Ri Va'lure (Recon) and Noac Toa the Mermando
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Project: Mermando
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Looking good mate. ;)

Jennari

• "I am the best. Always was." - Jango Fett
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2018, 01:53 PM »
What Jett said.  :D

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2018, 12:59 PM »
You have something special here for sure. I've loved this armor since the moment I saw it on the forums. The Legacy chest makes you look more menacing. I love it.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

Speeps

• Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2018, 06:04 AM »
   The paint job on this is amazing!
I love the speckles on top of the bucket as well as how its darker on top and lighter on the bottom, just like sharks and aquatic predators are.
Also the scratches look perfect for some web-clawed aquatic beastie that has taken umbrage to your trying to tame it.
I also like how you have a blade as a diver would and haven't tried to arm up with a harpoon or something like the holiday special Boba has. This ties well to your role as aquatic beast tamer as you'd maybe need your hands free in the water and not dragging something bulky.

This whole kit has made me re-think and want to up my game with my kit.
 :like:

cknight68

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. EnviroOps Beastmaster Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words on this kit! I'm still updating it and trying to make it more comfortable to wear. Id love to make this a beast tamer kit but the BRLS dont allow hoses attached to helmets so I'm trying to find a way to ditch my scuba pack, but keep this geared towards an aquatic appearance. Could use some ideas and suggestions. Im thinking of buying the pilot accessories from Demon Dog studios and modifying their pilot chest box into a more streamlined scuba pack. Mines not too swarzy.

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2018, 12:45 AM »
This is an awesome kit, vod.  And that paint scheme.... :o :o 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

cknight68

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:05 PM »
This is an awesome kit, vod.  And that paint scheme.... :o :o

Thanks Vod! Huge fan of your kit. Our two clans hang out a lot haha hoping to meet you soon! Here's some new shots of my kit

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2018, 12:09 PM by cknight68 » Logged

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Tek Sa'an

• OM #1005 - QMU #007 - Vinyl'alor
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events Order of the Ori'Ramikad 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:13 PM »
I love the new pictures! You look like a Street Shark.  :like:  Your Legacy chest and helmet are so awesome. I've always loved this kit.

ORI’RAMIKAD 2020 | OM #1005 | QMU #007 | VINYL'ALOR | IG-85736

cknight68

« Reply #9 on: Oct 24, 2018, 12:22 PM »
STREET SHARKS WERE THE BOMB!!  :laugh: Im definitely going to add another ab plate to my kit. I have like an exposed target on my belly i feel like :o

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

rlobrecht

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 24, 2018, 01:15 PM »
Mando Shark!!

This kit is truly fantastic.

Kotep Dral | Arqet Clan | MMCC #2677 | The OT Guard #63 | B.O.M.B #96

Helmet build - SWJFH-A7R pepakura | Soft parts WIP | Armor WIP | Sniper upgrades

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24, 2018, 01:28 PM »
Thanks Vod! Huge fan of your kit. Our two clans hang out a lot haha hoping to meet you soon!

Looking forward to it, vod! :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Jennari

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2018, 01:27 AM »
Nice! Looking good.

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2018, 03:46 PM »
In honor of the Street Sharks...... JAWESOME!!!!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Velke

• They won't see me coming....
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2018, 12:26 AM »
This is easily one of the most unique kits I've ever seen. Very nicely done!

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2019, 02:57 AM by Velke » Logged
MMCC OM #1630  (retired)
M.A.J.I.C. #180
Grey Brigade OT Guard #54
M.M.R.S. #34

Tion'ad hukaat'kama? Ni.
(Who's watching your back? I am.)

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Very cool build! Does the harpoon come out of the gun? I ask because I bet you could make what looks like a net gun bolt and have a blaster for multiple occasions.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:57 PM »
what a cool build!!! im still working on mine, but its mariner/explorer inspired. but this I love love love!!!

te atin'la Ka'ra ganar kar'ta be kyber

Mon’tera Mare Wip Thread

cknight68

« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2019, 10:03 AM »
Very cool build! Does the harpoon come out of the gun? I ask because I bet you could make what looks like a net gun bolt and have a blaster for multiple occasions.

Hey vod! Yes, the harpoons/spears actually do come out of the gun! They just slide in.

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

cknight68

« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:35 AM »
Here are some updated pics of my kit from Ohayocon 2019! Im still making some upgrades to this kit so please stay tuned. I'm going to add a clam shoulder bell to make my kit more aquatic as well as a "salvaged hull plating" from a shipwrecked Separatist ship.

The one thing i HATE the most about my kit is the gap between my armor plates and my belt... Im looking into getting a new girth belt so hopefully that will help out a bit. This is after I've added an additional ab plate to my kit. Any suggestions?

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Jennari

« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2019, 11:42 AM »
Fantastic pics, ner vod!

Straka Zulu

« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:03 PM »
And again I'm sad that I missed Ohayocon.  :'( :laugh:
The kit looks awesome!

cknight68

« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2019, 01:01 PM »
And again I'm sad that I missed Ohayocon.  :'( :laugh:
The kit looks awesome!

Thanks vod! I was hoping to meet you this year at Ohayocon but life happens ya know? Huge fan of yours and your kit and cant wait to meet you! You should check us out at Indy Pop Con in June!

Caleb Knight
MMCC #1827
Brigaider #247
Taakure Clan-Indiana
Ruus'alor

Athorr Cadera

• Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2019, 06:16 PM »
What a great, unique kit! Awesome work!

Nishi Ja'tejag

• Kal bat te woor!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 04:11 PM »
I love this kit! The paint scheme and technique is top notch.

I had an idea about your belt. Since you are an aquatic beast tamer, what about some sort of harness for staying attached to the beast. I looked at the Kaminoan Airwhe riders, but those crazies seem to ride without a harness.

Thanks for sharing.

Nishi Ja'tejag

Riye cuyir te tauira be a ori'jate jag.  Ni shi jate jag.  Pirusti, Ni cuy' an staabi!

Armour Planning WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=78236.0

Soft Parts WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=77697.0

WIP Photo Gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/aaronsneary/albums/72157717142691673

Backstory: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=196736.0
« Reply #24 on: Apr 21, 2020, 07:19 PM »
This is super cool! I love the concept and you have done an amazing job in construction and paint job. This level of awesome is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your hard work!  :porg2:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!