Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bat Akaan’s Executioner WIP (2nd kit)

• 97 Replies

Bat Akaan

• Awards EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
Re: Bat Akaan’s Executioner WIP (2nd kit)
« Reply #75 on: Feb 06, 2019, 11:08 AM »
Jennari, thank you.

Ok, last night I finished all the electronics for the gauntlets. The rectangle LEDs are white; however, I painted them with transparent red, green, and blue Tamiya acrylic paint. Tonight I will shoot the clear coat on the armor.

Thanks for the interest.

Cabur Akaata #128 | Oribru Akaata #29 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #152 | M.V.S. #69 | OM #2001 | Naast #2001 | BM #260 | OT Guard #71
Main WIP|Sniper WIP|Executioner WIP nos planto faecem venio

Bat Akaan

« Reply #76 on: Feb 07, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Ok, clear coat shot. I really hate spray paint for this. I used Rust-Oluem flat enamel clear and it did “orange peel” in a few areas. I let all my parts cure for longer than 72 hours just to attempt to avoid this issue. Oh well, I did learn that if I shoot several very light coats over a period of time rather than thicker coats, it did reduce the frequency of the orange peel.

Here is the bucket clear coated.

I also clear coated then attached the chest diamond trophy’s.

Next, I weathered and permanently attached the barrels to the left gauntlet.

Lastly, I assembled the helmet fans.

Next, I will be adding all the electronics, visor, and fabric covers for all the holes in the helmet (ear caps, key holes, mouth). I should be shoot some application pictures next week if all goes well.

Cabur Akaata #128 | Oribru Akaata #29 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #152 | M.V.S. #69 | OM #2001 | Naast #2001 | BM #260 | OT Guard #71

Bat Akaan

« Reply #77 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:35 PM »
Big Update,

First, I glued the armor to the gloves with RTV silicone adhesive.

24 hours late they were done.

Next, I installed the mounting screws for the visor inside the helmet with PC-7. I also glued in some Velcro and used magnets to hold the Velcro in place.

24 hours late, the Velcro and PC-7 were cured. I used super glue to adhere some very thin black material on the inside of all the openings in the helmet. I also used some craft foam to make the top padding inside. Lastly I cut the visor from a 3M safety shield and test fit it inside the helmet.

Next, I applied the mirrored window tint to the visor and installed it.

Next, I installed the cooling fans and padding. I like how the helmet came out.

Next, I installed all the electronics inside the gauntlets.

And that finished all the pre application work. Sooooooo I took some application pictures. It was outside and on a not so flat hill.

So we will see if there is stuff to fix or not.
Thanks for the interest.

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #78 on: Feb 09, 2019, 01:00 PM »
Bat that is some spot on gorgeous work you have there. You should be very proud of that kit and will have those kill stripes in no time!!! OYA!!!

Bat Akaan

« Reply #79 on: Feb 10, 2019, 01:05 PM »
Darasuum, thank you. Pre-app already in progress.

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #80 on: Feb 10, 2019, 07:57 PM »
You look amazing!

Bat Akaan

« Reply #81 on: Feb 10, 2019, 08:15 PM »
Jennari, thank you.

Just a short update. Over in the pre app thread, a comment was made about the left breast armor protruding slightly and if there was any weathering on the flack jacket.

To address both of these, I removed the left breast armor and milled down the epoxy sculpt a bit to allow the armor to lay flatter. Also, I did weather the flack jacket but I added more weathering. This should fix both issues.

That’s it for the update. Thanks for the interest.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #82 on: Feb 10, 2019, 09:25 PM »
Looks good, vod. 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Bat Akaan

« Reply #83 on: Feb 14, 2019, 10:21 AM »
Straka, thank you.

Ok I submitted new pics for pre-app and they have now been sent to regionals, so the waiting continues. In the meantime, here are the current pics.

Thanks for the interest

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #84 on: Feb 14, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Beautiful quality work, well done! I would recommend tightening up the spacing just a hair, but I'll be interested to hear the feedback from the pre-app process! Well done.

The greatest act of deception I ever pulled was convincing people I knew what I was doing.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #85 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:05 PM »
Really excellent work :). Your right shin looks like it's twisted to the side a bit, and the spacing from collar to chest and chest to ab plates does look a little on the wide side, but not impossibly so.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Bat Akaan

« Reply #86 on: Feb 22, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Kol, thank you for the suggestion. Its actually the camera being held at chest height and not the actual spacing. The spacing is 1” neck to breast, breast to abdominal, and ˝: diamond to breast. Keep in mind that the armor is vacuum formed and based on Boba Fett armor so there are no real straight lines. I haven working on some symmetrical bucks for future pulls, but these were the last pieces I was able to pull from my old bucks.
Slade, thank you for your comments. Again, it’s just the position of the camera and this is one of my largest complaints with the approval process. Its like the app team does not take into account the position of the camera and or the angel.  Regardless, no one at regionals had an issue with my spacing, rather the seeming lack of weathering to my cape. I did weather my cape and quite considerably; however, it does not show up very well in a picture (again issues with pictures). Soooo I went hard and heavy with the spray paint. I do not like how much I had to use to get the weathering to show up good in a picture but there should be no doubt that its been weathered now and is consistent with the rest of the kit. So tonight, more pics and resubmission.

That’s it for the update, thanks for the interest.

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #87 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Looks good man!! :like:

Bat Akaan

« Reply #88 on: Feb 22, 2019, 11:04 PM »
thanks Dan

App submitted 2/28/19 21:39 EST

App approved 3/2/19 13:18 EST

And a little something I am working on for everyone:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=166608.0

« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2019, 11:12 AM by Bat Akaan » Logged

Bat Akaan

« Reply #89 on: Sep 08, 2019, 04:42 PM »
I made a visor tutorial for anyone needing it.
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174839.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!