Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bat Akaan’s Executioner WIP (2nd kit)

• 97 Replies

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Re: Bat Akaan’s Executioner WIP (2nd kit)
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2019, 12:50 AM »
Almost seems too pretty to dirty up now, but I cannot WAIT to see what this looks like covered in some grime!

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019, 11:58 AM by Novoc Mereel » Logged

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #61 on: Jan 29, 2019, 01:10 AM »
Ho boy i'm finding this thread at just the right time; I'm very eager to see how beautiful those scratches on your plates are going to look once the weathering paint is done  :like:

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Darasuum Prudii

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2019, 09:15 AM »
Paint is looking great! Keep up the fantastic work!

Bat Akaan

• Awards EnviroOps Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:08 AM »
Novoc, thank you.
Nico, thank you.
Darasuum, thank you.

Ok, I spent some time and came up with my decaling scheme. As expected, there was a lot of masking to be done. I shot some of this stuff with airbrush acrylic but the acrylic had some issues sticking to the spray painted surfaces so some of this was redone with spray paint. Also, almost every decal had edges and in some cases complete letters that pulled off with the stencil. This is not an issue and will contribute to the weathering effect.

And this is how everything turned out. I am happy with everything and I will start the weathering Saturday.

And that is it for the update. Thanks for the interest.

Cabur Akaata #128 | Oribru Akaata #29 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #152 | M.V.S. #69 | OM #2001 | Naast #2001 | BM #260 | OT Guard #71
Main WIP|Sniper WIP|Executioner WIP nos planto faecem venio

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #64 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:34 AM »
Did you custom make the stencils for the letters? 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Nico Fett

• Porg Dad/Traffic Cone
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 75 official invasions. Award for 100 official invasions. Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #65 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:52 AM »
I approve of this orange diamond

Swimmy Rancor Clan of Cold Frozen Northerness
Tra'cor Clan || MMCC #1653 || Traffic Cone Brigade #02
FB: Facebook.com/NicoTheFett | OM Invasions: 94

Bat Akaan

« Reply #66 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Straka, all the letters are mandoa font, if that is what you are asking. I can’t rember exactly what everything says but one says, execute traitors, another says always loyal, and another one is the 3 canons.

Nico, I am glad you approve. I tried to make each a little different.

Cabur Akaata #128 | Oribru Akaata #29 | B.E.A.R.D.S. #152 | M.V.S. #69 | OM #2001 | Naast #2001 | BM #260 | OT Guard #71

Blackdugal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #67 on: Feb 01, 2019, 09:27 AM »
I am not letting Amy see your basement b/c then she's going to want me to get in my garage and get it cleaned up.  Everything is looking good.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #68 on: Feb 01, 2019, 09:52 AM »
Oh, I know the letters are in Mando'a.  Was asking if you made the stencils or bought them.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Blackdugal

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2017
« Reply #69 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:20 AM »
Knowing Bat he probably made them himself.

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #70 on: Feb 01, 2019, 02:14 PM »
Looking good, ner vod. Everything's awesome!

Bat Akaan

« Reply #71 on: Feb 03, 2019, 10:51 AM »
Straka, I have a Silhouette Cameo. This is a cutter machine used mostly for scrapbooking; however, it cuts vinyl as well as other materials. I make the stencils in a graphics program called Corel Draw then cut them out with the Silhouette. I pluck the parts that are not needed out then apply the vinyl to the object and paint over it. It has been an invaluable tool for cos-play.

Blackdugal, every man needs a man cave. Besides, you and I both know, Amy will be using all that space for costume making and you will need to make appointments to get access to the work shop. And now that the kids are getting kits, you guys can turn it into another fun family activity.

Jennari, thank you.

Ok, I sanded a ton and applied a little bit of silver paint here and there but mostly I was able to sand off the top coat and expose the metallic silver underneath. Once all the armor was sanded I mixed up some watered down black acrylic paint and applied it to everything. This wash is basically the final step in my weathering process. Now I will let everything sit for 3 days and then shoot a few coats of clear matt on everything to seal in the weathering and help protect the paint. Next, I will install all the electronics and the visor and weather the flight suit then I should be ready for application pictures. Here are the pictures of the weathered armor drying.

As always, thanks for the interest.

Straka Zulu

« Reply #72 on: Feb 03, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Thanks for the info!  :like:  :boba: :like:
I need to get back into Corel Draw, I haven't used it since college. 

Bat Akaan

« Reply #73 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:46 PM »
Straka, no problem. I think most people are using Adobe now but I cut my teeth on Corel and I tend to stick with what I know.

Ok, while the weathering is still off gassing and curing, I wanted to show some detailed pictures of the weathering.

Additionally, I shot some spray paint on the flight suit and cape to weather them.

So, Wednesday I will shoot the clear coat. Once that is cured, I will add the electronics.

Oh, and I am now the Ver'alor for Naast. Let the shenanigans begin.

That’s it for the update. Thanks for the interest.

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022
« Reply #74 on: Feb 05, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Noice!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!