Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP: clan Vizla male warrior from Star Wars Rebels (realistic style)

• 26 Replies

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
Hello there.
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Finally I decided to create my WIP topic on forum. This is my first modern armor built and I hope ill get OM status one day. Without any further delay lets get to the point.

As any others I start with concepts.

Color scheme I choose from clan Vizsla mandalorian warrior from Rebels cartoon show

First idea was to make chest plates without diamond piece (Boba Fett Holiday Special style chest plates), but later i reject that. I decided to go classis way. I used Jango Fett 5’3’’ templates from WoF – templates fits without any modding. As attachment method I use snaps.

Helmet was painted and weathered, also T-visor installed. Now i need to put something inside of the helmet for a comfort wearing. Also I want to install fans and voice amplifier (MB) 

Soft parts. Right now I have 2 piece flightsuit and double-sided flak vest. The design of flak vest I take from whitecrow1 soft parts.

Weapons. What do we have? Westar 35 made from wood, beskad (also from wood). And right now im working on E-22 blaster rifle from Rogue One movie. For E-22 I used 32mm pipe and a lot of sintra for all that’s left.

In summary, for this moment all my progress is…

Right now im working on back plate, cod plate, still a lot of work on blaster rifle and details. All armor plates should be painted as concept. Also I should think about beskad holster that will be placed on back plate (MB). And probably i will make new gauntlets, because those that i have smaller than i want.

« Last Edit: Jun 26, 2020, 07:10 AM by Kirill_Evgenev » Logged

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Modern mando WIP
« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Looking good so far! Following with interest!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:02 AM »
Painted my armor, made beskad holster and some kind of harness system (same as Commander Neyo from ROTS). This build is not finnished yet, still need to find another boots, also im still working on the back plate. In plans to make belt pouches (clonetrooper-style sintra boxes for my phone and some thinges). Aaand im thinking of making medium style armor instead of light (maybe it will look better, i dont know). In november i will particapate in one of the local festival where i can try my armor in "battlefield". Hope it will survive. Wish me luck.

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ ____________________
Update:
As i said before, 17th november i took part in local fetsival (Opencon 2018) in Kazan (Russia) with Fox Vizsla (Red Fist clan recruit). First event goes well and in a nice company. Here's some photos of that day.

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2018, 07:35 AM by Kirill_Evgenev » Logged

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:10 AM »
Bought a new pair of military boots. The laces are closed with shins armor, as well as on the boots themselves. To fix the plate on the shoes was made simple system of slings, to which the plate is attached via snaps -looks reliable, will look at the practice.
As for the plates on the legs, it is attached with two straps, which are connected by a buckles.

Boots

Strap system for boot plates

Shins

All new plates will be painted according to the concept and weathered. As for the future plans for the legs, I'm waiting for the second hip holster, for which there will be another blaster pistol. Plus, next week will be the pouches on the belt. The most important problem at the moment are the gauntlets, or rather their absence. And since I plan to finish all the work before may I will solve this problem as soon as possible.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2019, 01:05 PM »
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Excellent progress, and very well documented.   Keep up the good work! :like: :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Dar'manda

• Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Great work so far vod!

Kol Varek

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2019, 09:46 AM »
Looks like you've made some good progress! What material are you using for straps on the shins?

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2019, 01:23 PM »
You're progress is fantastic, I like the concept a lot. I would suggest some modification to the modern tactical gear as Star Wars is generally more like WWII style. Regardless, looks good. Great job!

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2019, 03:43 AM »
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Excellent progress, and very well documented.   Keep up the good work! :like: :like:
Great work so far vod!
Thanks a lot, vode! I really appreciate your kind words and your interest of this thread. I will keep it up knowing thats im doing it right.

Looks like you've made some good progress! What material are you using for straps on the shins?
Thanks, Kol! For straps i used 20mm nylon slings so i guess it fit CRL? Anyway im open to discuss and if im doing it wrong way - feel free to comment.

You're progress is fantastic, I like the concept a lot. I would suggest some modification to the modern tactical gear as Star Wars is generally more like WWII style. Regardless, looks good. Great job!
Thank you for your comment. Thats the most complicated part of my work. I know about SWarzy (i guess im using this word right?) and i know that appteam probably will have a questions about soft parts that i used (especially about belt, hip holsters) because they not look like its from SWUniverse. But i hope that when i finish all the works it  will not catch an eye. Right now i recieved belt pouches thats will cover belt completely, as for holsters i think about covering them somehow. If questions appear anyway and this will be a problem maybe ill make something different.

Now i little bit about progress i made. Sorry, this time there will be no photos, maybe later when i reach my computer. Im working on jetpack, right now i have base part. As templates i used pepakura file which i had to rescale for like 30%, so jetpack looks not to big for me. Ill try to use 50mm pipe as side thrusters and i bought a 100mm pipe thats made from polystirol thats will be modified for central rocket base.
I had a problem with gauntlets, now i havent. I made pair of them using the same 100 mm polystirol pipe. I used piano hinges to close them so right now i have base of gauntlets. The only thing i need is to make mounted weapon systems with buttons

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2019, 12:10 AM by Kirill_Evgenev » Logged

CADET115

• One Team One Fight
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Really like your wip giving me lots of ideas for how to make my kit work. Also do you know if Fox is on the forums with a wip. My kit is medic based and I'm really intrigued in the medical pack she has on her kit.

"A respected leader will die by his soldier's sides. A feared leader dies by their hands."-Mandalorian Proverb
Protector Battalion #179

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Sorry for not posting anything new for some time.
Made a jetpack. As i said before, its made from 3 mm PVC sheets. As templates i used pepakura model of arena jetpack. Also i downsize templates for like 30% so jetpack looks not too big for me.

I decided to less the tactical gear so i replaced mine hip holsters by adding kama with hardcase holsters (similliar as ARC-troopers wore). Also its covered the open thigh area.

Also i added gauntlets. Its made from polystirol pipe (d100mm) which i heavyly modified.

In May 11th i participaded with Red Fist Clan in StarFans VI (Russian festival fully dedicated to Star Wars). These photo were made for pre-app, so you can see everything as it should be in approval pics. Im probably wont add anything new (may be some details, not anything important).

Kol Varek

« Reply #12 on: Jun 09, 2019, 12:29 PM »
Vod, this is some quality craftsmanship! Well done!

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #13 on: Jun 09, 2019, 03:50 PM »
You're doing your Red Fist vode proud! 

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2019, 04:23 AM »
You're doing your Red Fist vode proud! 
Vod, this is some quality craftsmanship! Well done!
Thanks, vode! Im really glad

That jet pack is super impressive and you scaled it perfectly for you. Great job!
Thanks! That jetpack was one of my fears but im happy that everything OK.

As time goes by im still on pre-app. The main problem is the mismatch of the chest and neck plates . The photo shows that there is a small step which is caused by inaccurate bend plates

If I straighten my back, there is step appears. If I stoop-the step will disappear (in theory). I see two solutions to this problem:
1) reshaping the chest plates by heating. But i can loose spacing, which I would not like to
2) or I can put something under the neck plate to to remove this effect. In theory, this will pull the plates and they will stand up normally.
Any advise to solve this little problem?

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
« Reply #15 on: Sep 27, 2019, 09:45 AM »
I usually recommend heating the top of the chest plates and gently curving that top edge toward your body. It shouldn't reduce spacing too much.

AGConstrux

• Ne shab'rud'ni…
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #16 on: Oct 02, 2019, 12:13 AM »
I love me a Red Fist build, and this is no exception. Great job so far!

Munit oyacyir Vaulr.

MMCC #1282
VRCA #70
B.O.O.M. #016
C.H.E.G. #1
S.O.S. #18
501st #71011

Dac'Gar Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Family events
« Reply #17 on: Oct 04, 2019, 07:15 AM »
This build is great! It's really nice to see so much creativity and craftsmanship in a build!

« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2020, 01:45 PM »
Super late Just found this thread

I'm thinking about doing a Simliar Clan viszla build https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/2229/images/1397/1397-1558441119-832316020.png based off a boba fett mod.

You're build looks great!

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2020, 02:00 PM »
Super late Just found this thread

I'm thinking about doing a Simliar Clan viszla build https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/2229/images/1397/1397-1558441119-832316020.png based off a boba fett mod.

You're build looks great!

Wow! That looks awesome! I like helmet paintjob, thats amazing! Approved:)

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
« Reply #20 on: Jun 25, 2020, 04:05 AM »
A little update I made at the last event I took part with my friends. I was inspired by the Boba Fett retexture mod made by Captain_dunn so I decided to add padawan braids to my costume.

Original image by Captain_dunn

Padawan braids I received from one of my friends, she gave them for me. Ironically, she is cosplaying Jedi padawan.

And I super excited with the result, still in search of better attachment method, think I will just sew them right to my vest.

Kol Varek

Just gets better and better! As for those top edges of the chestplates, I tell recruits that they can either bring the plate to the fabric or bring the fabric to the plate. You can add additional fasteners at the top of the plate to help you close the gap.

Awall

• None of us are as smart as ALL of us
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault
Nice job :like:

Rancor Clan     #2385
Oribru Akaata #56   Emergency Battalion

Kirill_Evgenev

• Also know as Tash
Nice job :like:

Thank you, Awall!

Just gets better and better! As for those top edges of the chestplates, I tell recruits that they can either bring the plate to the fabric or bring the fabric to the plate. You can add additional fasteners at the top of the plate to help you close the gap.

Thank you for your comment, Kol. I'll try to figure out how to follow your advice. For now, I tried to bend the chest plates a little, but this didn't work well for me (or maybe I did it wrong). Now I think about adding a little piece of Sintra on the back of the chest plate and gluing chest and collar plates together so the gap between them will be solid. The expected result will be like this

Now its time to add some armor. As far as I have shin plates I decided to fully turn my armor to medium style by adding thighs plates. There are two reasons for this. The first - I didn't like the empty zone on my thighs. Yes, I have kama which covers this area, but still it empty underneath. So by adding thighs plates I can easily take off kama (which I really didn't like) and place holster right on the thighs. And the second reason is that in the original concept of clan Vizsla male warrior there is a little thigh armor but only on the sides. So I'm gonna add this element to my armor but in realistic style using WoF Jango Fett templates.

There is a result of a few hours of work. To attach the plate to my thigh I add 3 strips of 20mm nylon webbing - the first goes to the belt and two with some adjustment buckles are around my leg. For now, I like that plate don't fall down because of the first strip that goes to the belt and it sits well because of the strips around the leg, which I can adjust. But I'm gonna remove belt strip and change it to the large piece of velcro to the leg because I can't walk right now and it's kinda non-comfort.

The next huge work I need to do is completely rework belt with a girth belt and all the pouches to match concept. For this, I bought a black fully leather belt with metal buckle and leather-like material for a girth belt and pouches. I have two colors material - light and dark brown and I personally think that light brown matches better. For girth belt I won't invent a bicycle and simply make something like a sash, especially if in concept they have just wide belt as girth belt so I guess there is no much difference.

That's all for now from me, Tash out.

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2020, 05:01 AM by Kirill_Evgenev » Logged

Awall

• None of us are as smart as ALL of us
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 267th Rapid Assault
I have hidden straps to my gun belt and it was the best thing I could have done to keep my thighs in the right place.  Great start on the leg armor!

Rancor Clan     #2385
Oribru Akaata #56   Emergency Battalion

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!