Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

trench coat ?

• 4 Replies
trench coat ?
« on: Oct 16, 2018, 06:25 PM »
so i am still working on my kit but i was thinking, making a good looking jet pack is kind of hard and i am trying to keep the cost down so i was wondering if i can wear a long coat or trench coat or even a lab coat with my armor?  it would just cover the back.

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
Re: trench coat ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2018, 06:20 AM »
It's acceptable.  You just have to make it sleeveless, and make sure the front is open enough that it doesn't cover up your armor.  That generally means you'll have to retailor the lapels, which really isn't difficult even if you don't have much sewing experience.  Ask someone more local for hands-on help if you need to.  Your clan's Ruus'alor should be available, or if not, can point you in the right direction to get whatever you need.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2018, 12:08 PM »
i don't have a clan because my kits not done :(

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Washington, DC?
You have your options. There's Kyrimorut Clan in Maryland, and Firestorm Clan in Virginia.  So, check in with those groups, see who you are closer to.

And, for a trenchcoat, OriKad is correct. I use a trenchcoat.
Hope this helps.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Ko'rizna Falco

• Weapons are a part of my religion
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2018, 05:50 PM »
Your kit doesn't have to be done to have a clan Vod! I'm not done with my kit and not only am I active in my clan but I have even hosted an Armor party already. Follow Straka's advice above and see which group is closer to where you live or maybe even check out both for a little bit and see where the activity is that interests you the most. 

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!