Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

VARIANT Boba Fett Helmet Build

• 19 Replies
VARIANT Boba Fett Helmet Build
« on: Oct 18, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Alright...
I'll admit I was a little discouraged after I finished the SWTOR helmet that the club denied it... BUT I have caught the bug again and started another build. This time they have approved the helmet so I'm giving it another whirl!

Reference Photo

First piece out of the oven

« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2018, 08:55 PM by Panzer_Elite » Logged
Re: VARIANT Boba Fett Helmet Build
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2018, 08:58 PM »
Couple more pieces out of the oven!

Serim Merec

• A Moose...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2018, 02:14 AM »
Holy cow! That's amazing quality!

How are you making this?

M.A.J.I.C #070 - We Die On Our Feet!
M.A. #007 - The first step is admitting it
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2018, 12:31 PM »
This one is done using 3d printing . Been doing 3d printed costume pieces for years :)

Ciryc Ca'tra

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2018, 11:55 PM »
It looks so good!!!

Wasu'ran Clan/ Alo'rad/ MMCC#1851/ V.O.T.S. #78
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2018, 06:52 PM »
Man, I am unbelievably stoked to see this build!

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #156

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=106123.msg1508559#msg1508559

Firemaester

• We bleed, exhaust ourselves, and die.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2018, 10:31 PM »
This is slick looking already  :<3:

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:03 PM »
Sorry for the lack of updates on this build. I've been posting them to the facebook page but I don't think everyone is on there.
The dome was the roughest part of the print. It needed ALOT of sanding acetone and bondo to make it not look terrible.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:06 PM »
All the parts, except the antenna which I will add almost at the very end, are finished printing. I assemble everything and trimmed where needed to fix any warped pieces. Warping is kind of par for the course with abs filament and my printer. I don't think I've ever had a perfect print on it but it's not hard to twist the plastic and clamp to solve that.

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:08 PM »
Started painting the helmet now that I feel I've done enough sanding (lol).
I usually start my 3d prints with a primer and then hit it with black leak seal. The Leak seal helps fill pits and gives it a texture that hide 3d print lines.  After that I blasted it with some silver.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Started coloring and Stylizing!
I'm not sure if I want to paint the visor trim. Anyone have any suggestions if I should leave it or go something?

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:57 PM »
glued down the antenna and added some silver trim to the Visor. After that I did a black wash over everything to grit it up a little and bring out the crevices. Getting close to calling this build done just need to hit the paint with some clear coat and then I need to figure out a solution for the visor. My last build I used a welding mask and I am basically blind with it lol.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2018, 11:05 PM »
Damn this is slick!

"We don't have a word for hero. Being prepared to die for your family and friends, or what you hold dear, is a basic requirement for a Mando, so it's not worth a separate word. It's only cowards we had to find a special word for."

WIP
« Reply #13 on: Nov 02, 2018, 10:50 PM »
Okay I think we are done with this helmet build! Huge thanks to Adam for helping me out with the visor. I would never have thought to heat shape a piece of acrylic! It was actually a lot easier then I thought it was going to be!

« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2018, 09:59 AM »
You should be careful. You may have a slew of people coming to you to build them helmets!

;)

WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!