Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP my partners upcomming kit

• 8 Replies

B'kal Cho'l

• V.O.T.S: #101. Grey Brigade and the OT Guard:#114
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan Growth
WIP my partners upcomming kit
« on: Nov 06, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Hello all,
my partner descided that she wants to become mandalorian ( OYA! )  - didnt even have to persuade her :)  - so we started up during the weekend to try to get some idea on what kinda look she wants.

This is where we are so far. She is narrow over the sholders so it might look a bit short on the collarpiece. The collarpeice is also quite big so we are thinking about doing it in two pieces  but its gonna be a 3-d- upside down V on it  also, it shows poorly on the photo but if you look closer it will be seen.  She is also pretty short and well endowed so we are struggling with the armor. The abplate will as you see be in three parts that are fixed to eachother.

As for the helmet she wanted a combination of a modern and night owl so we did a quick mock-up. Its my bucket so its way to big for her so the photo doesnt show the actual size on it - it will be smaller.

Any kinda input and advice is useful and really wanted :)

Bīkal.

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 Special Operations Brigade Member 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year.
Re: WIP my partners upcomming kit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2018, 04:05 PM »
I think it is a great so far. Remember, the vest is going to need some well-measured tailoring in order to fit the plates on the body comfortably and maintain a well-fitted shape.

B'kal Cho'l

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2018, 08:58 AM »
Progress so far - some final fixing with the plates to make a good fit but we are getting there :)

Kris Jasra

• "A womprat could pilot better than you" Jaxx Jasra
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Very nice shape on the plates you've got there. Bit of tweaking will probably be needed on the spacing once the vest is made but it shouldn't be much.

However... from one well endowed person to another - take the points off the bottom of the chest plates and lessen the downward points on the collar. Pointy bits catch on everything and that can lead to easily snapped plates or shifting when you don't want it. The chest points may also get annoying if you bend - the spines natural place to bend is at the stomach/under the breasts, so having them go too far down will leave them digging in if you bend too far.

Vi ram'or te'prudiise. Gotal par akaan, vi jatnese be te jatnese. Bal cuun kote o'r gar tal.

The only safe way to take out Kris would be with an orbital bombardment.... and even then your chances of surviving are only 50:50

B'kal Cho'l

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2019, 01:38 AM »
Thank you very much for the response - we have done som modifications and made the west so pics are comming later on :)
And sorry for not responding sooner to you feedback :)

B'kal Cho'l

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2019, 02:12 AM »
Here is were we are at the moment, after some consulting thereīs gonna be additional small pieces just under the shoulderarmour to give it a "better" look but i though i would show you the colours that she wants and a sneakpeak on were she wants it to go :)

We hope you like it

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #6 on: Jun 10, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Looking good!

Heads up, you'll have to paint those rivets to match the armor  :like:

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

B'kal Cho'l

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2019, 04:43 AM »
Jenga,
 Thank you :) The bolts are gonna be cut down in thickness and painted in the colour surrounding them when we are all done with all the plating :) ...

Jenga

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #8 on: Jun 13, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Sound perfect!  :like: Can't wait to see more!

#1732 | He/Him | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 39 | Event Team 2022-current | App Team 2018-2021 | Art Team 2019-2021

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!