Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #75 on: Jan 20, 2019, 05:12 AM »
A few days ago, I filled the Boba dents in and plan on sanding the cod and knees down tomorrow. I would've gotten clean pieces except for the fact that these pieces were originally ment for my Boba Fett kit to replace the ones I thought I ruined. Since I was able to salvage the original pieces, I'm putting these ones to good use. Also, I repainted the back of my helmet to a blue green similar to Boba's in ESB. The lime green was a bit of an eye sore and a

Vassk

• I will make it legal
  • Awards 40% increase or more Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #76 on: Jan 20, 2019, 12:58 PM »
Love the colors and weathering on your bucket Vod. Great job  :like:

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #77 on: Jan 21, 2019, 01:00 PM »
Oooooo. That blue is a good addition!

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #78 on: Jan 21, 2019, 03:38 PM »
Oooooo. That blue is a good addition!

Right? Much less of an eye sore, I think

Jaster Fett

« Reply #79 on: Jan 22, 2019, 02:50 AM »
I finished painting my cod and knees. Going to apply a dullcote finish to remove the excess sheen on the armor

« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2019, 06:17 PM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Jaster Fett

« Reply #80 on: Jan 25, 2019, 02:53 AM »
Hey everyone!

I dullcote the cod and knees and added a visor to my bucket (and a picture next to my Boba bucket)

Here's what I have so far!

Back plate comes in tomorrow!

Jaster Fett

« Reply #81 on: Jan 27, 2019, 12:47 AM »

Got my backplate from DH-P/FX today and going to start painting it soon

Also, a question for our Brigade experts. I have an ROTJ Boba Fett jetpack for my Boba Fett kit. I probably already know the answer to this question but I figured I'd ask anyway, can I use it for my Mandalorian Protector or is that a no go?

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #82 on: Jan 27, 2019, 01:31 AM »
Question! And forgive me on if this has already been discussed but why the different greens from the main green of the bucket to the main green of your armor, or is that just unfortunate lighting?

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #83 on: Jan 27, 2019, 01:42 AM »
Question! And forgive me on if this has already been discussed but why the different greens from the main green of the bucket to the main green of your armor, or is that just unfortunate lighting?

On my Protector?

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #84 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:21 AM »
I quite like the variations of green both on the helmet and armor. That's a subtle Fett thing which I think works well here.

As for the jetpack question using a straight Boba Fett jetpack would be a crl violation since you are using a part straight off a Canon character. Your best bet would be to significantly modify the paint job so it still retains the element you want but differentiates you from Fett.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

« Reply #85 on: Jan 27, 2019, 01:16 PM »
I quite like the variations of green both on the helmet and armor. That's a subtle Fett thing which I think works well here.

As for the jetpack question using a straight Boba Fett jetpack would be a crl violation since you are using a part straight off a Canon character. Your best bet would be to significantly modify the paint job so it still retains the element you want but differentiates you from Fett.

That's what I figured. Thought I'd ask all the same

I was thinking about using the same color pallet but using different shades of each color with different weathering and graphics applied

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #86 on: Jan 27, 2019, 03:14 PM »
I think that would be pretty cool.

Use the chipping and paint damage from Fett's pack as more of an inspiration of how to do your weathering on this one rather than a copy/paste with different colors.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #87 on: Jan 27, 2019, 04:12 PM »
I think that would be pretty cool.

Use the chipping and paint damage from Fett's pack as more of an inspiration of how to do your weathering on this one rather than a copy/paste with different colors.
Exactly. I'll try to draw up some concepts

Jaster Fett

« Reply #88 on: Jan 28, 2019, 12:30 AM »
As Samuel L. Jackson said in Jurassic Park, "Hold on to your butts"
I've got a TON of concept pallets for my jetpack. So I'm sticking with red and gold being the predominant secondary colors (and primary colors to my old kit) and the turquoise like in the back of the helmet as a tertiary. The  Dark grey color ins denote metallic finish, light gray for flat gray, while white denotes a flat white finish

These are what I drew up. Other ideas and concepts are certainly welcome

Jaster Fett

« Reply #89 on: Feb 01, 2019, 12:16 PM »

Got my back plate from DHP/FX a few days ago. Painting it up as we speak

Mi'ix

« Reply #90 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Looking good, buddy.

Don't forget to add the U shaped cut out at the bottom!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #91 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Looking good, buddy.

Don't forget to add the U shaped cut out at the bottom!

Oh good lord! Thank you for reminding me! All I have is the metallic coat on at the moment so thank you for catching me early enough!

I'm also attatch the armor to my vest as well as assembling other pieces. I'm not going to try to rush it, but I'm planning on doing a wearable trial run at RadCon in Pasco WA here 2 weeks from today. If not, I'm unretiring the ol' besk'ar lol

Jaster Fett

« Reply #92 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:24 AM »
Oya!

I want to thank Mi'ix again for reminding me to cut the "U" at the bottom of my back plate, again, before I got to adding the color paint. I also cut out the JP harness slots as well. I went on ahead and added a clean up coat of my metallic and am going to let it dry. I'll apply the first set of masking fluid tomorrow night.

While Super Bowl shopping today, I decided to take a look around the hardware section to find some inspiration for knee darts and sure enough, I did. I found two pairs of hose plugs for $1.88 ea

I then drilled a pair of sync holes into the dart mount of my knee plates and glued the plugs in place

Tomorrow night, I plan on adding the upholstery foam into my bucket for it to better fit my head better as well as start adding the gold under layer of color on my back plate. I'm also going to try to add the straps to the knee plates as well

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #93 on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Wooooooooooooah. That is a lot of jetpack color variants haha I like number 10. The one with red top and red thrusters. If you are going for a scheme that compliments your accent colors, I think that would look cool since your knees are red.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #94 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Wooooooooooooah. That is a lot of jetpack color variants haha I like number 10. The one with red top and red thrusters. If you are going for a scheme that compliments your accent colors, I think that would look cool since your knees are red.

I agree. Starting to become more and more attatched to that color scheme. I'm going to order a MOW Boba Jetpack after I get things squared away with my Boba

I glued the knee plate straps in with E-6000 last night. It's curing as we speak. Also glue N52 magnets to my plates that I will use to secure them

Tonight after work I'm going to glue in the foam for my bucket and finish painting my back plate

Jaster Fett

« Reply #95 on: Feb 06, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Just 10 days left until RadCon. Con crunch is real. Fortunately, I'm not doing anything I wouldn't already be doing for this kit. I'm just not holding it off anymore lol

I put the foam in my bucket so my helmet fits my head
I've also glued the straps to my knee plates using E-6000. Same with the magnets too my chest pieces
I've also finished painting the back plate. Now all I have to do is dullcote it and get the velcro attached
My friend is coming over to tomorrow to help me with my shoulder cape and kama so hopefully I'll have more for you all tomorrow night

Mi'ix

« Reply #96 on: Feb 06, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Looking very nice!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #97 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:04 AM »
My friend Raven came over to do A LOT of stitch work for me. She helped tailor my flak vest, and started on my shoulder cape. She's coming back Saturday to finish the cape and my waist kama as well as stitch the patches on my gloves

I'm going to start finishing gluing the attachment magnets on my plates tomorrow night

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. 15+ clan level invasions 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #98 on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:08 PM »
My friend Raven came over to do A LOT of stitch work for me. She helped tailor my flak vest, and started on my shoulder cape. She's coming back Saturday to finish the cape and my waist kama as well as stitch the patches on my gloves

I'm going to start finishing gluing the attachment magnets on my plates tomorrow night

Can't wait to see the updates!
Top notch work brother...

Jaster Fett

« Reply #99 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:09 PM »
Can't wait to see the updates!
Top notch work brother...

Thanks Breyo!
I just got my Protector and Clan decals in. I'll be putting them on my plates tonight when I get off work.

I just remembered that I still need to paint the butt plate lol I added the metal layer hearsay and will add the gold layer tonight. I also have one more magnet I need to attatch: the one for my collar. That's an easy one. Then it's just a matter of attatch everything to the vest.
Cape and Kama will be finished Saturday along with my gloves. Cod/butt set is slated to be done Sunday. EE-3 blaster should be in this weekend or early next. Need to weather my DL-44 side arm holster and realistically, that's it. I'm going to wear my Boba jetpack for the con.
My Protector jetpack in going to get from Manofwar either on my tax return or after Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle; whichever comes first

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!