Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #90 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:44 PM »
Looking good, buddy.

Don't forget to add the U shaped cut out at the bottom!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #91 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Looking good, buddy.

Don't forget to add the U shaped cut out at the bottom!

Oh good lord! Thank you for reminding me! All I have is the metallic coat on at the moment so thank you for catching me early enough!

I'm also attatch the armor to my vest as well as assembling other pieces. I'm not going to try to rush it, but I'm planning on doing a wearable trial run at RadCon in Pasco WA here 2 weeks from today. If not, I'm unretiring the ol' besk'ar lol

Jaster Fett

• Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #92 on: Feb 04, 2019, 02:24 AM »
Oya!

I want to thank Mi'ix again for reminding me to cut the "U" at the bottom of my back plate, again, before I got to adding the color paint. I also cut out the JP harness slots as well. I went on ahead and added a clean up coat of my metallic and am going to let it dry. I'll apply the first set of masking fluid tomorrow night.

While Super Bowl shopping today, I decided to take a look around the hardware section to find some inspiration for knee darts and sure enough, I did. I found two pairs of hose plugs for $1.88 ea

I then drilled a pair of sync holes into the dart mount of my knee plates and glued the plugs in place

Tomorrow night, I plan on adding the upholstery foam into my bucket for it to better fit my head better as well as start adding the gold under layer of color on my back plate. I'm also going to try to add the straps to the knee plates as well

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #93 on: Feb 04, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Wooooooooooooah. That is a lot of jetpack color variants haha I like number 10. The one with red top and red thrusters. If you are going for a scheme that compliments your accent colors, I think that would look cool since your knees are red.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #94 on: Feb 05, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Wooooooooooooah. That is a lot of jetpack color variants haha I like number 10. The one with red top and red thrusters. If you are going for a scheme that compliments your accent colors, I think that would look cool since your knees are red.

I agree. Starting to become more and more attatched to that color scheme. I'm going to order a MOW Boba Jetpack after I get things squared away with my Boba

I glued the knee plate straps in with E-6000 last night. It's curing as we speak. Also glue N52 magnets to my plates that I will use to secure them

Tonight after work I'm going to glue in the foam for my bucket and finish painting my back plate

Jaster Fett

« Reply #95 on: Feb 06, 2019, 04:41 AM »
Just 10 days left until RadCon. Con crunch is real. Fortunately, I'm not doing anything I wouldn't already be doing for this kit. I'm just not holding it off anymore lol

I put the foam in my bucket so my helmet fits my head
I've also glued the straps to my knee plates using E-6000. Same with the magnets too my chest pieces
I've also finished painting the back plate. Now all I have to do is dullcote it and get the velcro attached
My friend is coming over to tomorrow to help me with my shoulder cape and kama so hopefully I'll have more for you all tomorrow night

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #96 on: Feb 06, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Looking very nice!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

« Reply #97 on: Feb 07, 2019, 12:04 AM »
My friend Raven came over to do A LOT of stitch work for me. She helped tailor my flak vest, and started on my shoulder cape. She's coming back Saturday to finish the cape and my waist kama as well as stitch the patches on my gloves

I'm going to start finishing gluing the attachment magnets on my plates tomorrow night

Breyo Fey

• "An par aliit. Ner tal. Ner oyay."
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #98 on: Feb 07, 2019, 01:08 PM »
My friend Raven came over to do A LOT of stitch work for me. She helped tailor my flak vest, and started on my shoulder cape. She's coming back Saturday to finish the cape and my waist kama as well as stitch the patches on my gloves

I'm going to start finishing gluing the attachment magnets on my plates tomorrow night

Can't wait to see the updates!
Top notch work brother...

Jaster Fett

« Reply #99 on: Feb 07, 2019, 04:09 PM »
Can't wait to see the updates!
Top notch work brother...

Thanks Breyo!
I just got my Protector and Clan decals in. I'll be putting them on my plates tonight when I get off work.

I just remembered that I still need to paint the butt plate lol I added the metal layer hearsay and will add the gold layer tonight. I also have one more magnet I need to attatch: the one for my collar. That's an easy one. Then it's just a matter of attatch everything to the vest.
Cape and Kama will be finished Saturday along with my gloves. Cod/butt set is slated to be done Sunday. EE-3 blaster should be in this weekend or early next. Need to weather my DL-44 side arm holster and realistically, that's it. I'm going to wear my Boba jetpack for the con.
My Protector jetpack in going to get from Manofwar either on my tax return or after Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle; whichever comes first

Jaster Fett

« Reply #100 on: Feb 07, 2019, 05:49 PM »
Got my decals in today
My clan emblem on my right breast plate sized and colored to replace Mereel's Feather
And the Protectors emblem on my left shoulder bell. Once applied, I dusted the plates with black and gray spray paint to give the feel of weathering

Jaster Fett

« Reply #101 on: Feb 09, 2019, 02:45 AM »

Kit is coming along for it's trial run at con
Cape, kama, and gloves will be done by this weekend.
Back plate, cod, kidney and collar plates need velcro and the bulk of the kit will be finished

I'll post pictures for you guys to pick apart after the convention

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #102 on: Feb 10, 2019, 12:30 PM »

Kit is coming along for it's trial run at con
Cape, kama, and gloves will be done by this weekend.
Back plate, cod, kidney and collar plates need velcro and the bulk of the kit will be finished

I'll post pictures for you guys to pick apart after the convention

Aaaaaaaw yeah. This is really starting to come together! Will you be leaving the other shoulder bell blank? I am looking forward to these convention photos with every on. It sounds like you went the Mythos Fett look a little bit and I am very much intrigued

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #103 on: Feb 10, 2019, 01:45 PM »
Aaaaaaaw yeah. This is really starting to come together! Will you be leaving the other shoulder bell blank? I am looking forward to these convention photos with every on. It sounds like you went the Mythos Fett look a little bit and I am very much intrigued

Guilty as charged! I really liked the added details on the Mythos Fett and am using those asthetics as inspiration. I was thinking of putting the bird skull on the other shoulder but the more I look at this set, the more I just want to leave it blank.

My friend got done with my cape and kama last night. (the kama is the same color and fabric as the cape)

She's sewing the patches onto my gloves. I should get those back in the next couple of days.

I also got my EE-3 on Thursday. It came disassembled so I had to glue it back together with some E-6000 but it seems sturdy enough

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #104 on: Feb 10, 2019, 04:43 PM »
Awesome stuff and yeah Mythos Fett is where it is at. In case you haven't noticed I've felt that way based off my threads and Instagram lololol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!