Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #105 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:13 AM »
The Mandalorian Protector kit is ready for the weekend! Gloves are getting the patches stitched on. I'll get those back in a few days

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #106 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:50 AM »
Looking good, buddy.

The EE-3 looks really small and comes across to me like a repainted toy.  If anything, I'd like to see the stock get extended so it looks a little closer to the full size version.

Can't wait to see all that gear on you!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #107 on: Feb 11, 2019, 02:57 PM »
Looking good, buddy.

The EE-3 looks really small and comes across to me like a repainted toy.  If anything, I'd like to see the stock get extended so it looks a little closer to the full size version.

Can't wait to see all that gear on you!

Well... Poodoo :(
It was a 3d print I bought that I thought to be of better dimensions than the Rubies one I was using. The problem is I can't afford the hefty $200-$300 ones that everyone recommends at the moment and I don't exactly have the facilities or equipment to make my own

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #108 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:08 PM »
Well... Poodoo :(
It was a 3d print I bought that I thought to be of better dimensions than the Rubies one I was using. The problem is I can't afford the hefty $200-$300 ones that everyone recommends at the moment and I don't exactly have the facilities or equipment to make my own

Hmmmmm... How much spare sintra do you have laying around the house???

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Boba and Jango 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017 Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #109 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Yeah, sorry man.

I think the barrel looks great, but the stock being on the smaller side is what makes it look like a hasbro EE-3 to me.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #110 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:33 PM »
Hmmmmm... How much spare sintra do you have laying around the house???
No but they're a dime a dozen anyway, what do you have in mind?

Yeah, sorry man.

I think the barrel looks great, but the stock being on the smaller side is what makes it look like a hasbro EE-3 to me.

Hey, it's no big deal Mi'ix. That's why you're a Brigade Marshall and that's why I'm here; for input

But I am open to suggestions guys, so lay them on me

Mi'ix

« Reply #111 on: Feb 11, 2019, 03:45 PM »
The BRLs want you to maintain the canon look for blasters but allow for modification so long as we can still tell it was a canon blaster.

One of my clan mates modified his smaller EE-3 by popping off the stock and D brackett and turning the carbine into a heavy blaster pistol that he carries around on a sling.

You've got your DL-44 so you hit the BRL requirement already for weapons, but consider that food for thought on the EE-3. :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #112 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:01 PM »
No but they're a dime a dozen anyway, what do you have in mind?

Hey, it's no big deal Mi'ix. That's why you're a Brigade Marshall and that's why I'm here; for input

But I am open to suggestions guys, so lay them on me

Honestly, the angle of the camera doesn't give us a good shot of how long the barrel is.  But based on the grip, it looks a bit small in your hands.

I know you just got this blaster in, so cutting it up isn't the first thing that you'll want to do. But consider slicing off the existing barrel and adding a shop-vac tube or something of the like to make an ESB-inspired EE-3.  This would extend the length of the blaster and also keep it "canon" influenced. You can always hold onto the ROTJ printed barrel for a future project.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

« Reply #113 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:27 PM »
The BRLs want you to maintain the canon look for blasters but allow for modification so long as we can still tell it was a canon blaster.

One of my clan mates modified his smaller EE-3 by popping off the stock and D brackett and turning the carbine into a heavy blaster pistol that he carries around on a sling.

You've got your DL-44 so you hit the BRL requirement already for weapons, but consider that food for thought on the EE-3. :)

That alleviates most of my headaches then :)

I did make the heavy pistol version of the carbine and It didn't feel right but it's something I may reconsider

Honestly, the angle of the camera doesn't give us a good shot of how long the barrel is.  But based on the grip, it looks a bit small in your hands.

I know you just got this blaster in, so cutting it up isn't the first thing that you'll want to do. But consider slicing off the existing barrel and adding a shop-vac tube or something of the like to make an ESB-inspired EE-3.  This would extend the length of the blaster and also keep it "canon" influenced. You can always hold onto the ROTJ printed barrel for a future project.

I wish I didn't demolish my Rubies EE-3 so you could see the size comparison

Considering I JUST got this thing, I'd rather not cannibalize it and be out a huge chunk of money. I would love to build one from scratch but the biggest obstacles I have is finding a strong aluminum D-Connector to support a stock

I don't know of anyone with some wood working tools otherwise I'd make the stock out of wood so instead I'll have to use layered sintra

Mi'ix

« Reply #114 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Woodman makes stocks over on TDH.   :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #115 on: Feb 11, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Woodman makes stocks over on TDH.   :)

I've got to talk to him about new braids for my Boba anyway so I'll ask him then

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #116 on: Feb 11, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Yep or just sammich some sintra over the existing stock with some extensions, sand it down, repaint and cheap and "easily" you are  good to go.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

SEE-5 blaster pistol and misc blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #117 on: Feb 12, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Yep or just sammich some sintra over the existing stock with some extensions, sand it down, repaint and cheap and "easily" you are  good to go.

That *might* work, but I'd have to sand down the greeblies first

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #118 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:58 PM »
That *might* work, but I'd have to sand down the greeblies first

Cut the greeblies out and reapply them on the new sintra layer.  It doesn't matter if there are ugly holes in it if it's all covered up. :)

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

« Reply #119 on: Feb 12, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Cut the greeblies out and reapply them on the new sintra layer.  It doesn't matter if there are ugly holes in it if it's all covered up. :)

You just blew my precious little mind :o lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!