Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #125 on: Feb 17, 2019, 06:07 AM »
Absolutely loving it!  Some minor tweaks here and there, but it is looking fantastic, vod! 

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #126 on: Feb 17, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Absolutely loving it!  Some minor tweaks here and there, but it is looking fantastic, vod!

Oh yeah. A lot of fixes are coming. New flak vest is on the way for Boba that I'm just going to use for my Protector; that'll help with the plates. I definitely need to get a new side arm holster that hangs a little lower from my hip. Maybe a new flight suit (thinking of doing the ESB light blue or a khaki colored one)

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2019, 12:34 PM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #127 on: Feb 18, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Khaki flight suit would be cool! Join me in my white jaig eye and khaki flight suit club. Definitely one way to further differentiate between us and Boba but still keep that standard Protector uniform look.

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #128 on: Feb 18, 2019, 03:04 PM »
Khaki flight suit would be cool! Join me in my white jaig eye and khaki flight suit club. Definitely one way to further differentiate between us and Boba but still keep that standard Protector uniform look.

Where/how did you get yours, by the way?

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #129 on: Feb 18, 2019, 09:14 PM »

It's a fun club to be in, I'm in it too.

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #130 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:11 PM »
Where/how did you get yours, by the way?

I actually got mine from a dude that has now been banned from the Mercs actually ha so not super helpful there lol

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Jaster Fett

« Reply #131 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:25 PM »
Darn. Well I'll do some digging. I don't believe Arkady does custom colored Fett style flight suits

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #132 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:31 PM »
You can request one un dyed and do it yourself. :)

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

« Reply #133 on: Feb 18, 2019, 11:47 PM »
You can request one un dyed and do it yourself. :)

Excuse me while I face-palm LOL
I think I'm small enough now to fit into one of MOW's now
Maybe I'll order from him and dye it :)

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #134 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:27 AM »
Sounds like a great plan!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Kai Ree'tat

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member Legends of Mandalore Brigade Celebration Orlando 2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #135 on: Feb 19, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Mine is MOW and dyed

Kol Hokan

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #136 on: Feb 19, 2019, 06:58 PM »
I was actually just looking into different girth belts offered by members this past weekend.  Meridian Creations has some beautiful belts that are awfully close to mohair Boba-style girth belts.  It should be fine per the BRL's (I'm the one that wrote them, :P ) but we should get confirmation from the current Brigade Marshal. I think that'd be a great option for you and any future MP builds.
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=157131.0

501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Mi'ix

« Reply #137 on: Feb 19, 2019, 08:46 PM »
Those girth belts look very nice.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #138 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:32 AM »
So I'm back to focusing on finishing up Boba so I'll be focusing on that for the next little while until he approved (501st)
After that I'm finishing up the Protector

Here are the fixes I personally noticed for my kit:

Plates are not properly spaced; specifically the collar to breast plates. Top of the plates are uneven. This will be addressed when I...

Fix the flak vest. It's far too big on my frame. Losing 60lbs will do it. I have a spare I'm going to modify; it's too tight in the arm pit. But it's a Boba style vest

The hip pouch is covering the side arm. My plan is to move the pouches closer to the front in an ESB style orientation. Worst case, I use a different holster

Kama needs to drape over the cod and butt plate, not under it. That's an easy fix

And of course, the jetpack; that's an easy one. As soon as I get my tax return, I'm going to buy a new one from MOW

My goal is to get this done by Lilac City Comic Con in Spokane in early June

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #139 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:06 PM »
So I'm back to focusing on finishing up Boba so I'll be focusing on that for the next little while until he approved (501st)
After that I'm finishing up the Protector

Here are the fixes I personally noticed for my kit:

Plates are not properly spaced; specifically the collar to breast plates. Top of the plates are uneven. This will be addressed when I...

Fix the flak vest. It's far too big on my frame. Losing 60lbs will do it. I have a spare I'm going to modify; it's too tight in the arm pit. But it's a Boba style vest

The hip pouch is covering the side arm. My plan is to move the pouches closer to the front in an ESB style orientation. Worst case, I use a different holster

Kama needs to drape over the cod and butt plate, not under it. That's an easy fix

And of course, the jetpack; that's an easy one. As soon as I get my tax return, I'm going to buy a new one from MOW

My goal is to get this done by Lilac City Comic Con in Spokane in early June

Great plan of attack  :like: Wish I could mold/cast and sell my jetpack. Scratch building them every time is time consuming haha

Jaster Fett

« Reply #140 on: Feb 20, 2019, 02:50 PM »
Great plan of attack  :like: Wish I could mold/cast and sell my jetpack. Scratch building them every time is time consuming haha

I thought about getting the 3d printed parts and assembling it that way but that's too much work. I hate sanding 3d prints lol

Kol Hokan

« Reply #141 on: Feb 22, 2019, 02:13 AM »
I have an old original resin Man of War jetpack for my Boba and it is insanely heavy. I can last about two hours. Longest I’ve been in it was 5 hours at an airport event, and I had to literally have spotters hold it up while I leaned on hand rails and stretched. Hopefully they have improved the weight issue, but just be aware that they limit you a lot. If you have other options, I’d explore them.

Jaster Fett

« Reply #142 on: Feb 22, 2019, 03:22 AM »
I have an old original resin Man of War jetpack for my Boba and it is insanely heavy. I can last about two hours. Longest I’ve been in it was 5 hours at an airport event, and I had to literally have spotters hold it up while I leaned on hand rails and stretched. Hopefully they have improved the weight issue, but just be aware that they limit you a lot. If you have other options, I’d explore them.

My current Boba pack is also a MOW and you're right, because they're resin, they ARE heavy. I think my longest was at Jet City. I think I had that thing on for about 5-6 hours. Heck, even when I wore it last weekend for 4 hours, I felt it in my shoulders lol

I definitely want to stick to one of the "Fett" packs and modify them. However, I REALLY don't want to sand down a large amount of 3d printed surface and the only other places I've found that sell jetpacks and jetpack kits are infact Manofwar and NME. And that's not counting TDH vendors

**UPDATE**
Darth Voorhees from TDH does jetpack kits. His are a polyester gel coat fiberglass body. Fiberglass is often lighter than pure resin casts but because this was filled in with resin, I'm not sure if it's a huge difference. On the bright side, I may be saving a little bit of money if I go that route.

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2019, 03:32 AM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Kol Hokan

« Reply #143 on: Feb 22, 2019, 04:27 AM »
I have a fiberglass arena pack for my custom. I don’t even feel it when I wear it until I take it off. Same harness as the MOW for my Boba. Fiberglass is the way to go if you can!

Jaster Fett

« Reply #144 on: Mar 07, 2019, 02:00 AM »
Hey everyone!

I'm taking a break from my Boba fixes. All I have left to do is my helmet, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get it right in the colors and weathering, so I'm just going to have someone else paint the helmet. So now, I'm freed up to work on my Protector now. My first priority is to get my jetpack, but that probably won't happen until April.

Mi'ix

« Reply #145 on: Mar 07, 2019, 09:45 AM »
No worries, dude.

What I've seen so far is VERY impressive!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2019, 04:45 PM »
Hey everyone!

Boba was approved by the 501st a few months ago. I began to start working on the Protector again when I found out the Celebration is coming to the west coast next year. As such, my financial resources have been devoted to that. At this point, all I have left to get is a jetpack. I have a new flightsuit coming in this summer from Arkady and my flak vest is being retailered to fit my smaller frame. Until then, I plan on submitting what I have as a custom kit and build off of that. This photo was taken at our clan photo shoot 2 weeks ago :

Kol Hokan

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2019, 05:25 PM »
Hey everyone!

Boba was approved by the 501st a few months ago. I began to start working on the Protector again when I found out the Celebration is coming to the west coast next year. As such, my financial resources have been devoted to that. At this point, all I have left to get is a jetpack. I have a new flightsuit coming in this summer from Arkady and my flak vest is being retailered to fit my smaller frame. Until then, I plan on submitting what I have as a custom kit and build off of that. This photo was taken at our clan photo shoot 2 weeks ago :

Absolutely gorgeous, vod.  Every time I see pictures of your kit, it reinspires me to continue working on my own.  I love your use of your old diamond. I would definitely add some extra weathering on your flightsuit and vest to match your plates and cape.  Couple questions, do you have hoses on your left gauntlet? I always find it odd when a flamethrower doesn't have a hose.  Also, do you have lights in your chest display? I can't tell from this picture.  keep up the great work and update us on that jetpack! :D

Mi'ix

« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2019, 06:14 PM »
Congrats Jaster!

Your Protector looks awesome.

Makes me want to bust mine out!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2019, 04:29 AM »
Absolutely gorgeous, vod.  Every time I see pictures of your kit, it reinspires me to continue working on my own.  I love your use of your old diamond. I would definitely add some extra weathering on your flightsuit and vest to match your plates and cape.  Couple questions, do you have hoses on your left gauntlet? I always find it odd when a flamethrower doesn't have a hose.  Also, do you have lights in your chest display? I can't tell from this picture.  keep up the great work and update us on that jetpack! :D

Thanks, vod!
1. The flight suit is my current Boba one but I'm getting my new one end of the summer. It of curiosity, what do you suggest I do for additional weathering? I would love to hear your ideas
2. No, but that's a good idea. It's an easy enough modification
3. You've asked me this before  :laugh: lol no, but when I get some spare cash I plan on getting a couple of Fettronics chest displays

Build your Protector!  :boba:

Congrats Jaster!

Your Protector looks awesome.

Makes me want to bust mine out!

Thanks Mi'ix! You REALLY should!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!