Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector **APPROVED**

• 204 Replies

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Jaster Fett (formerly Rai'ak), becoming Mandalorian Protector
« Reply #175 on: Aug 01, 2019, 05:39 PM »
My Protector pack is so light, I can barely feel it

No joke, got the harness off Amazon for like $20 lol

That's freaking fantastic!  Can you show a few more pics of it, so we can see the mods you did?  Very curious!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2023
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2020
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

• All men are cremated equally
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #176 on: Aug 04, 2019, 12:08 AM »
Okay, so here are some images to answer Kol's questions abut my harness

First, let me preface this by saying I have next to ZERO sewing or stitching skills so all of the add ons were applied using E-6000

My harness started out life as a strength and conditioning pulling sled harness that athletes use. This particular model was a loop fasten that I felt was unreliable.

So I cut off the loop buckles and shortened the fastening straps and added velcro to the Straps and chest of the harness.

I then, I glued a pair of nylon webbing straps onto the shoulders staring from the front and working over the shoulders in equal length and added the hooks at the end. For double security, I added rivets to the base and end of the straps as well as the hook loop.

Jaster Fett

• Awards Award for 50 official invasions. 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Boba and Jango Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #177 on: Aug 04, 2019, 04:19 PM »

Here are the most current photos of my Protector. I just got my new Fett flightsuit for Arkady and decided to use app-fix photos as an excuse to try it on. I'm still waiting on my flight suit from MOW and my plan is to gut the holster belt of some of the mounted patches and replace them with ammo pouches to get the kit BRL compliant

Jaster Fett

« Reply #178 on: Aug 15, 2019, 02:02 AM »
Final assessment from Regional Pre-App

I need to better center my chest diamond. After that, it's off to Applications. I'm going to be taking those photos tomorrow night.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #179 on: Aug 15, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Easy peasy!

You got this!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Jaster Fett

« Reply #180 on: Aug 16, 2019, 03:54 AM »
Just sent my application in for approval tonight. Hopefully, it gets approved. After that, I'll be getting it ready for Brigade App

Fenn Beviin

• MMCC #: 2116
  • Awards Mandalorian Protector Brigade Member
« Reply #181 on: Aug 18, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw yeah  :like:

"Try not to become a man of success, but a man of value."

Instagram: mythos_fenn_shysa

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Fenn Shysa WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=80765.0

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500

Kol Hokan

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. Special Weapons Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #182 on: Aug 19, 2019, 09:48 PM »
I expect instant notification as soon as you’re approved! Looks freaking fantastic! :D

501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jaster Fett

« Reply #183 on: Aug 20, 2019, 01:29 AM »
Jaster has been approved, everyone!

All that's left is to get this bad boy BRL compliant. Biggest thing is to either get some Boba pouches on my current belt or get a new belt going

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2019, 01:38 AM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Kol Hokan

« Reply #184 on: Aug 20, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Jaster has been approved, everyone!

All that's left is to get this bad boy BRL compliant. Biggest thing is to either get some Boba pouches on my current belt or get a new belt going

WOOT WOOT!!!! Congratulations, vod!  Some super easy upgrades for Brigades, you've got this!

Jaster Fett

« Reply #185 on: Aug 20, 2019, 01:30 PM »
I re-reviewed the BRLs and it, indeed, doesn't look like it needs a lot. Boot spats have to be the same color as the vest or flight suit. Considering how heavily weathered the vest is, I'm not sure it falls in that criteria, especially since they do not match the flight suit. Is this an issue? If so, no big deal. My new MOW flight suit should be in tomorrow and I can just simply dye all those pieces to match.
The belt is obvious and needs Boba pouches. I'm going to just ditch this belt in favor of the traditional ammo belt doned by Fett, but I'm going to remove a few of the pouches to make room for my holster for my blaster.
2-4 trophies. I technically meet this criteria since there are kyber crystals at the end of my wookie braids, but I've also got a Trandoshian claw and a Krayt Dragon's tooth I can add.
Additional thoughts and insights are welcome!

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2019, 01:50 PM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Mi'ix

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #186 on: Aug 20, 2019, 03:48 PM »
I'd be alright with the trophies they way you have them (wookie braids and kyber crystals).  If you want to add more, by all means!

As far as the concern about weathering, just make sure your stuff is consistently weathered.  In this case, you could opt for the classic Fett weathering of heavy at the ankles and fades as it goes up the leg. 

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #187 on: Aug 20, 2019, 04:09 PM »
I'd be alright with the trophies they way you have them (wookie braids and kyber crystals).  If you want to add more, by all means!

As far as the concern about weathering, just make sure your stuff is consistently weathered.  In this case, you could opt for the classic Fett weathering of heavy at the ankles and fades as it goes up the leg.

That was my plan. Then I'll proceed with the new flight suit and soft pieces. Going to start working on the belt soon, as well

Jaster Fett

« Reply #188 on: Aug 21, 2019, 01:48 PM »
Oh my, what do we have here? Oh! It's mail! I wonder what it is?

*gasp* It's my Manofwar flightsuit!

I'm going to try to dye it here within the next couple days!

Jaster Fett

« Reply #189 on: Aug 21, 2019, 06:10 PM »
I do have a question for you Mi'ix!
What style of belt pouches are acceptable for a Protector. The BRL says Fett style pouches is that referring to a strict sense of design? More in the spirit? Etc? Would these ones be okay or no?

Also, how did you connect your gauntlet hose to the short sleeve of your flight suit?

« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2019, 05:35 AM by Jaster Fett » Logged

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #190 on: Aug 22, 2019, 08:08 PM »
I do have a question for you Mi'ix!
What style of belt pouches are acceptable for a Protector. The BRL says Fett style pouches is that referring to a strict sense of design? More in the spirit? Etc? Would these ones be okay or no?

Also, how did you connect your gauntlet hose to the short sleeve of your flight suit?

Oh man, that first one is a good question. If all else fails you could swap out some velcro behind the flap if you end up having to cut off the long strap to make them look more like Fetts

Mythos Fenn Arms (A Sales Thread): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174182.msg2066382#new

Blaster Addiction - So many Blasters: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=110659.msg1820500
« Reply #191 on: Aug 23, 2019, 06:47 PM »
Nice work mate 👍🏻

Mi'ix

« Reply #192 on: Aug 24, 2019, 09:34 AM »
I think Fenn is right on with his suggestion for modifying that pouch to get the "Fett-aesthetic". If you pop off that little strip and secure it with some velcro or a snap al la ESB that would work.

As for the hose connector, I just drilled a hole in the hose where it goes up into your sleeve, slip a caribeaner hook through the hole, sew an elastic strap up under your double sleeve, and hook the caribeaner hook to the elastic strap.  :8):

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

« Reply #193 on: Aug 24, 2019, 10:48 AM »
I think Fenn is right on with his suggestion for modifying that pouch to get the "Fett-aesthetic". If you pop off that little strip and secure it with some velcro or a snap al la ESB that would work.

As for the hose connector, I just drilled a hole in the hose where it goes up into your sleeve, slip a caribeaner hook through the hole, sew an elastic strap up under your double sleeve, and hook the caribeaner hook to the elastic strap.  :8):

Thanks Mi'ix. As always, you're EXTREMELY helpful. I think I'm just going to stick with my Boba belt for now since that's that one I already have.

So this is probably the last major build update for this thread. I got my Manofwar flightsuit in on Wednesday and I gotta say, I was expecting it to be more on the tight and snug side. It is on the arms but otherwise, it's not! (I wouldn't have fit in this thing several months ago)

I went out and bought Rit Dye during my lunch break that same day from Hobby Lobby and got tan and camel colors.

I dye bathed them that night using a 5 gal bucket and mixed it 1:1 of the tan and 1:2 of the camel.

Admittedly, I thought this would turn out lighter but honestly, I'm happy with the way it turned out.

All that's left is weather washing with some black and dark brown spray paint and then brigade app photos.

I'll post them on here first so everyone can comment on any adjustments if needed.

I'm going to try to shoot for next week for my photos. I can't believe I'm THIS close, guys!

Fenn Beviin

« Reply #194 on: Aug 24, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Yes, yes, yes. I dig that tan man  :like:

Jaster Fett

« Reply #195 on: Aug 31, 2019, 03:57 AM »
I'm in the home stretch everyone! Brigade App photos are tomorrow!

I weathered the remaining MOW soft goods using Boba's weathering as a foundation for mine. I dusted the whole thing with a white tan spray paint to help make the overall color look fade and heighten the rest of the weathering and then I weathered the rest by dusting it with black and brown spray paint

Jaster Fett

« Reply #196 on: Sep 01, 2019, 01:17 AM »
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Jaster Fett is FINISHED

Figured I'd run the photos by everyone before going thru Brigade App. Let me know what you think

Mi'ix

« Reply #197 on: Sep 01, 2019, 01:51 AM »
You should be so proud with how this turned out.

I'll be waiting for those pics!

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Jaster Fett

Jaster Fett

« Reply #199 on: Sep 13, 2019, 01:09 AM »
Well guys... This will be my final update for this thread. As you've no doubt noticed on my profile, I am OFFICIALLY a part of the Canon/Legends Brigade with my Mandalorian Protector.

Guys, this is a tremendous honor to join your ranks due in no small part to your guidance and patience.

Best part: my first troop as a MP. will be this Saturday at Rose City Comic Con in Portland OR!

I'll post the best pictures on here so you can see it officially join the hunt! Once again, thank you ALL. Jaster Fett is born!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!