Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Armor Concept

• 5 Replies

hazelspikes

• "Armor is just bigger Gunpla!"
First Armor Concept
« on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:00 PM »
Hello! Here's my initial design for my first ever build. I used MandoMaker to give an idea of what I'm thinking. Graphic design is not my forte. :) This would be a Nite Owls style armor build.

Tested out a couple of options on soft pieces. Duster OR cape and Loincloth, and kama instead of backpiece and codpiece. Used 2 capes to try and show a weathered, short duster. Or a shorter cape that covers both shoulders.

• Vest, loincloth, duster or cape, and kama would be made from duck cloth
  • Flight suit would either be a...flight suit or scrubs.
  • Instead of using riding boots, I'll get some Chelseas in a similar color to the belt/ammo pouches. I'll put armor on the (matching brown) gloves to give them a crushgaunt effect. Looking into using paintball/motorcross gloves as a base.
  • I just colored the girth and ammo belts a random color. Not sure what they would exactly be, or if I'll use them.

Night/Nite Owl-style light armor with shin plates. Made from 3mm sintra.
Chestplate is angled armor rather than 'boob plates.'

My choice of weapons would be a beskad and a K-16 Bryar blaster.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: First Armor Concept
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Sounds like you have a very good idea of what you want to do. 

I would suggest, if you go with the duster, to have a cod plate.  If you do all that you mentioned, you'll be pretty fabric heavy.
And, this is just a personal preference BTW, but an ammo belt around the duster make for a very good look....

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

hazelspikes

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2018, 01:05 PM »
Thanks for the insight! I like the ammo belt around the duster look. I was afraid of having too much fabric when I made the design, but I just went with it as a starting point.

Here's what it'd look like without anything on the back (besides the invisible back plate).

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2018, 02:54 PM »
Either design would work really well.  It just comes down to how much stuff you want to be wearing.   :)  I'm looking forward to watching you put this together.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

hazelspikes

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Thanks! I can always switch things out when I get going. Took advantage of The Mandalorian Arsenal having a Black Friday sale to pick up a Nite Owl helmet. The armor and soft parts can be bought later on.  :sabine:

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:58 PM »
You won't be disappointed in that bucket, vod.  Been rocking a Skirata Arms N/O for five years, and TMA is the owner of that mold, now.  Hopefully they are making them lighter, now, as mine is kinda heavy.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!