Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

WIP Captain Hark - Rebels Season 4

• 9 Replies

Kyrayc Sur-haai

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
Captain Hark - Rebels Season 4
« on: Oct 19, 2019, 11:28 PM »
Soooooooooooooooooo  yeah....

There is pretty much nobody that has done any super commando all the way through to approval or have an updated CRL for them besides what was seen on the other page for the Season 2 reference, let alone specifically for Captain Hark that does have some changes, so I want to take up that challenge as they in general are sick  looking, but I love Hark.

You see him in Season 4, episodes 1 and 2.  Heroes of Mandalore 1 and 2.

I will be keeping a CRL type thread for my build as well, but not post here until I get closer to the end, just to lessen clutter.  I will also be keeping a materials reference list to be able to be replicated more easily and/or verified.

I will attach the reference photos here I have of him in the two episodes he is in that are good enough shots to see some details, both in dark and light lighting.   

So  first, the helmet.  Only place I could find that even sells a helmet is Headshot props, so bought the base commando helmet from there:   

https://www.etsy.com/listing/558891656/mando-super-commando-helmet-star-wars?ref=shop_home_active_13&frs=1

Full size helmet, resin cast, comes in 3 pieces.  Main helmet, then each ear antenna.     

Then I did a temp put together with tape to show the "end piece"

Specifically for hark, his triangle is filled in and has a broken upside-down pyramid that is gray painted on,  so I have to fill that in with bondo, sand it , resin, then sand again,   

Similarly, since the ear antennas came as separate pieces, I had to glue them on, wait for that to set, then bondo and resin them to help do a rough joining of the pieces.

Didn't work on it for a while until today.   Sanded down the rough joining, then added filler putty to further fill in the sections to make it look like one piece, sanded that once it was dried, then did a filler primer layer.    That took pretty much everything needed to make is smooth and continuous everywhere, but there are some small joint sections on the antenna that will still need to be worked on some more

Then will get the rest of the helmet sanded in the spots in needs it, then do a full primer coat before the white, but that will be later.

Next part that will be tackled on my build order:  the jetpack.  It is straightforward as it will be the Sabine jetpack, just with the standard paint job instead of sabines.

After that will be the pants and top fabric pieces, as not too difficult, just need to find the right color, which that part will be hard, in the right fabrics.

Jennari

• "You gave up our ways, remember?"
Re: Captain Hark - Rebels Season 4
« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2019, 03:30 AM »
Nice work so far. It'll be nice to see a Hark out there. Good luck, ner vod!

Kyrayc Sur-haai

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Sooo been a while.... I've been busy with my upgrade kit, so jumping back and forth.   This one is soft armor!!!

I found a really nice dark burgandy/oxblood fabric that is really close to the ones in the references I have from the blu-ray of the boot spats, gauntlet extension to the glove, and the neck seal.

Plus a nice off-white for the main pants and upper under armor pieces.

I have a ribbed off white that is the same off white as the above coming in ,just dont have the reference for it yet.

Kyrayc Sur-haai

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2020, 08:49 PM »
  02-01-2020

I got my helmet to a spot to put the first layer of filler primer.   As it was drying, I noticed some spots got a little more wet than others, so dripped a little.  No worries, just sand some more to smooth out, but is a good base.

Looking good!   Also, got my jetpack slightly assembled, but not enough to get good photos it, so stay tuned!

Kyrayc Sur-haai

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2020, 10:16 PM »
So got some more sanding done on it and wanted to get some cool white, or brighter white, paint on it to see blemishes, looks pretty good besides some overspray.  There are a few rough spots, which I will get

Next, got in my ribbed fabric, it looks so good.   Pretty much same off-white as the pant/shirt so that helps a lot.

Then... i started the hard part.... the pants mock up.  Did a base piece to get sizing down

Then marked it up and cut it up according to visible seams on the reference photos and guide, adding one needed seam at the bottom of each calf that will be in white thread, so it is hidden.     So...many....seams......

Then it cut up...

big chunk of stuff progressing!!!

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 40% increase or more 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2020, 12:39 PM »
Dude I'm so excited to see your softparts. Makes me feel like I need to hurry up with mine.

Kyrayc Sur-haai

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2020, 12:22 PM »
Been a while, but have been busy reorganizing my life to work at home.

I recently did have some free time, so got some progress done,  I got the gun modeled, printed and sanded.  there are some small greeblies for the iron sights i didn't get done, but getting there.   Still have some more sanding to do, and maybe some layers of filler primer and sanding, but it is smooth to the touch.

Zor Rax

• Zor Rax #1843
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2021, 03:52 PM »
Fist bump and hello on this. I am working on a Captain Hark from Rebels as well. My bucket is also from HSP. I stalled on the armor so far. Here's my link to my build. Would love to catch up and discuss the character.

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=145736.msg1899417#msg1899417

Zor Rax #1843
I suggest a new strategy...
...But let me also remind you that we have enough ordnance on the Vigilance to turn you not only to scrap but rather, to a fine particulate matter. Like dust, cast across the dark.

Zor Rax main WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92854.0

Captain Hark build:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=27763
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Fist bump and hello on this. I am working on a Captain Hark from Rebels as well. My bucket is also from HSP. I stalled on the armor so far. Here's my link to my build. Would love to catch up and discuss the character.

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=145736.msg1899417#msg1899417

That looks perfect! I loved the light attachments, it looks so badass... Is it something cannon or it was all your idea? Either way, I just loved it. Hey, I wanted to ask a question: I want a realistic-looking rifle but I really suck at working on weapons. Do you have any ideas where can I purchase good rifle models? I have recently managed to buy home in Germany and literally have no idea where to buy these kinds of stuff here. I thought there could be some people here who can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Zor Rax

• Zor Rax #1843
  • Awards 40% increase or more
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2021, 05:00 PM »
That looks perfect! I loved the light attachments, it looks so badass... Is it something cannon or it was all your idea? Either way, I just loved it. Hey, I wanted to ask a question: I want a realistic-looking rifle but I really suck at working on weapons. Do you have any ideas where can I purchase good rifle models? I have recently managed to buy home in Germany and literally have no idea where to buy these kinds of stuff here. I thought there could be some people here who can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Like models for 3d printing or wood templates etc? Woodchuck (charles bowman jr) on fb does amazing full size wood work. My Carbine is wood, some sintra and metal, I got it from Diamond state props before they went under.

Zor Rax #1843
I suggest a new strategy...
...But let me also remind you that we have enough ordnance on the Vigilance to turn you not only to scrap but rather, to a fine particulate matter. Like dust, cast across the dark.

Zor Rax main WIP: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=92854.0

Captain Hark build:
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=27763

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!