Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Cin Vhetin! Corvyn's First Femmando Concept (lots of pictures and words)

• 21 Replies

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Late to the party but my favorite color scheme!  ;D I'll be watching this one!

They/Them Pronouns | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 25

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
Hey guys! I'm back with a minor update. Just a couple of tweaks to the design. First, the slightly altered design. Second, the text wall.

So here's the design! A few things have been changed. First, the armor itself. I think I'd like to go with the combined shin/knee armor (shinnies? schnees?) because I don't really like the look of individual knee plates. Also, I rounded the edges of the chest and ab plates a bit, since I want a slightly softer edge on those.

As for those little globby teal bits on the hands: I was thinking about doing segmented finger armor that was reminiscent of Varacytl claws. Here's a Varactyl mitt:

So, I'd essentially do segmented joints and have a blunted claw emerging from the last digit. This is roughly the pattern I had in mind, though a bit less medieval and spiky.

Other changes! Those big silver lines on the chest/ collar/ab plates are going to be scratches. I don't want to weather too much, as I want to preserve the bright colors of the armor, but I imagine a Varactyl trainer/tamer would definitely have several claw/beak scratches on their armor after a while. I'll likely do more wherever makes sense, like on the bracers and boot covers. Also, I shifted the colors a bit so the vest looked sleeveless, which is what I'm planning on doing.

Not shown: leather holsters for pistols, jetpack with feather accents, stun pike.

Late to the party but my favorite color scheme!  ;D I'll be watching this one!

Thanks! I live for bright oranges and blues :D

As always, advice/questions/constructive criticism are welcome! The physical construction process won't begin until May or June, probably, and it'll be nice to have a solid concept by then.

Jenga Feet

• Shiloh - Kyrimorut
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Usually we liked to avoid any type of claws on fingers, but if they are blunted and recessed like the creature then I donít see any issue. Just got make sure to work with us on that front. Donít want any pointy bits that could injure someone while trooping  :like:

As for weathering, you can still be bright and weathered! Iíd suggest at least a black wash to make your kit looked lived in

They/Them Pronouns | Kyrimorut Clan | Official Invasions: 25

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! | He/Him
Still loving the concept, but I know many folks may take issue with the "three clawed monster" scratches. I would personally go for either one big scratch or 4-5 smaller ones.

Tusken Dan

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
Cool pictures and concepts.  Good luck with your build! 

As for weathering, you can still be bright and weathered! I’d suggest at least a black wash to make your kit looked lived in
Totally agree.  I have had good luck with a brown wash also if you want a less harsh version that still adds realism. 

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
Usually we liked to avoid any type of claws on fingers, but if they are blunted and recessed like the creature then I donít see any issue. Just got make sure to work with us on that front. Donít want any pointy bits that could injure someone while trooping  :like:

As for weathering, you can still be bright and weathered! Iíd suggest at least a black wash to make your kit looked lived in

Oh yeah, I wouldn't consider them unless they were super safe. I don't really wanna skewer any civilians mid-troop  :laugh:

I can definitely try blackwash for it, thanks!

Still loving the concept, but I know many folks may take issue with the "three clawed monster" scratches. I would personally go for either one big scratch or 4-5 smaller ones.

Yeah, the ones I did on there were more of a conceptual thing than a realistic representation. I wanted to convey the idea of big scratches on the armor. Since Varactyls have small, spread-out claws, I would probably have a few big beak-induced scratches and dents as well as some spread-out smaller scratches. Also, thanks!  :cookie:

Cool pictures and concepts.  Good luck with your build! 

I have had good luck with a brown wash also if you want a less harsh version that still adds realism.

Thanks! I was hoping for more of a dirt/dust weathering effect than a grime/oil weathering effect, so I'll have to mess around with different colors and patterns of weathering.  :like:

Kyramud Cabur

• We are born to die. We live to be remembered.
  • Awards Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Hey, what a nice job we have here, eh?
I loved the colors and concept. Plus, the way you are developing it, considering opinions and suggestions is really nice.
Great job!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!